Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: If it was a federal law that all legal voters had to vote.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If it was a federal law that all legal, competent American citizens had to vote what would the voter turnouts look like?
I know that only a small percentage of voters actually do vote which is incredibly sad because it is in essence there life that there putting into someones hand and most couldnt even tell you who is running.
But, whats everyones opinion on who the front runners would be if that was the case? Personally, for a republicn like myself i think its good that they dont because 80% or more of people under the age of 25 outside of rural areas would vote liberal and extremely help the dems every single election, but who would benefit the most in your opinions?
In my opinion, the lower the turnout the better. Too many of the people who do not turn out to vote on election day are lazy, ignorant, slobs who cannot even name the VP of the United States, their state's US Senators, or their district's representative in the US House of Representatives. We are all better off that these morons do not vote.

As for who the front runners might be if compulsory voting were the law of the land, my guess is that mental giants like Sean Penn, Al Franken, Martin Sheen, Alec Baldwin, and Kanye West might be among the contenders. Probably a few reality show stars as well.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:In my opinion, the lower the turnout the better. Too many of the people who do not turn out to vote on election day are lazy, ignorant, slobs who cannot even name the VP of the United States, their state's US Senators, or their district's representative in the US House of Representatives. We are all better off that these morons do not vote.

As for who the front runners might be if compulsory voting were the law of the land, my guess is that mental giants like Sean Penn, Al Franken, Martin Sheen, Alec Baldwin, and Kanye West might be among the contenders. Probably a few reality show stars as well.

I totally agree.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:In my opinion, the lower the turnout the better. Too many of the people who do not turn out to vote on election day are lazy, ignorant, slobs who cannot even name the VP of the United States, their state's US Senators, or their district's representative in the US House of Representatives. We are all better off that these morons do not vote.

Agree, this the only example of natural selection that I agree with. LOL
:Thumbs:

:Thumbs: That's why we get someone like the current administration
nky Wrote::Thumbs::Thumbs: That's why we get someone like the current administration

Did half the country stay home when bush won?
^ No, but the one's who could not spell vote did when Obama won! Now that they got their houses paid for, like they expected, they won't be back again!
What about the ones who couldn't spell ones?

Sorry. Just a joke . . .
BillyB Wrote:What about the ones who couldn't spell ones?

Sorry. Just a joke . . .

Depends on what your definition of is, is.
If it was a federal law, I would sure hope that a lot of idiots would break the law!!!!
Stardust Wrote:^ No, but the one's who could not spell vote did when Obama won! Now that they got their houses paid for, like they expected, they won't be back again!

I must have missed this new Law Sad.