Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: JBS 90 Jenkins 79
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Jenkins was up 40-39 at the half after playing awful in the first. Then the second half curse hits them again. If the boys could play 2 full halves, then they could go far. Congrats J.B.S.!
congrats JBS
I was there and I thought Jenkins played a good first half. They played a good game. Jbs played a slow first half but picked up the tempo in the second half. they scored 39 in the first half and 51 in the second half.
Jenkins played good??? They couldn't rebound, and could not take care of the ball whatsoever! They were flat and to me acted like they didn't even want to be there! Alot of missed calls and made calls that was AWFUL. I thought that a couple of players from J.B.S. got away with alot of calls. It kind of reminded you of the way they protected Michael Jordan when he played. I am not blaming the games on the refs because Jenkins didn't deserve to win the game by the way they played! I will tell you one thing, the 53rd district tourney is going to be a barn burner! Was watching Tate Cox(8th grader from J.B.S.) The kid is going to be something. VERY SMART and smooth. Jenkins done a really good job on him. But I am impressed with the way he handles himself! Clarke Stepp is just pure, and Jenkins could not take away that 12-15 foot jumper all night against him and if you don't take that shot away from him, then 9 times out of 10, YOU ARE BEAT! Congrats J.B.S. and to Jenkins, you better get it together or it is going to be a quick tourney!
congrats to jbs.
!...
I liked the play where one of Jenkins players fell to the floor hollared and smacked the floor and got a foul. Got two points on a fake.Smile Smile Smart, if you can fool the refs.Smile They really didn't stop Cox, he had lots of good looks . They were just rimming out on him. One of those frustrating nights. He still had 12.
another tough one for the Cavs. I agree with playboy, play 32 minutes, and they could play with anybody in the region. Playing 24 wont cut it. Congrats to JBS, though, they deservingly won the game.
Congrats JBS
Well IMO only having 12 points is shutting someone down. Not taking anything away from Cox he is a good little player to be so young. However if they didn't have Stepp they would be in TROUBLE!!!! I think he does everything even drives the BUS!!!!! I'm not just saying this to rant. Jenkins didn't deserve to win because they played like crap....they didn't rebound or play any DEFENSE at all. It was a better game then the 1st game at JBS. JUST WATCH OUT JENKINS WILL BE READY BY TOURNEY. WE WANT LCC AGAIN.
"CAVSCHICK33" Wrote:Well IMO only having 12 points is shutting someone down. Not taking anything away from Cox he is a good little player to be so young. However if they didn't have Stepp they would be in TROUBLE!!!! I think he does everything even drives the BUS!!!!! I'm not just saying this to rant. Jenkins didn't deserve to win because they played like crap....they didn't rebound or play any DEFENSE at all. It was a better game then the 1st game at JBS. JUST WATCH OUT JENKINS WILL BE READY BY TOURNEY. WE WANT LCC AGAIN.

Cox is a very good player and will be one of the top players in the 14th region by the time he graduates, however he isn't that young, I believe he will turn 16 before his freshman year. Most eighth graders are 13 & 14 years old.
"CAVSCHICK33" Wrote:Well IMO only having 12 points is shutting someone down. Not taking anything away from Cox he is a good little player to be so young. However if they didn't have Stepp they would be in TROUBLE!!!! I think he does everything even drives the BUS!!!!! I'm not just saying this to rant. Jenkins didn't deserve to win because they played like crap....they didn't rebound or play any DEFENSE at all. It was a better game then the 1st game at JBS. JUST WATCH OUT JENKINS WILL BE READY BY TOURNEY. WE WANT LCC AGAIN.
Stepp only had 16 against LCC. Cox picked up the slack, there, lots of players would like to get 12. How many of Jenkins players had 12? Just wondering?
"ekybballfan" Wrote:Cox is a very good player and will be one of the top players in the 14th region by the time he graduates, however he isn't that young, I believe he will turn 16 before his freshman year. Most eighth graders are 13 & 14 years old.

Cox couldn't turn 16 before his freshmen year or he'd be ineligible his senior season, w/ a kid of his talent you know his parents would not do that. Stepp is a player, not the shooter I expected but a player for sure. I was very impressed w/ JBS when I saw them earlier this season. If the big kid is done for the year though I can't see them winning the 14th because he changed or blocked a ton of shots. If JBS gets a couple stud transfers in the next couple of years which wouldn't surprise me, I think they'll be able to make a run at state.
congrats
I agree and have heard that they will be getting a couple of more studs to go with Cox and Stepp and Collins! A VERY YOUNG TEAM DOING SOME DAMAGE TO VERY GOOD TEAMS!
"PLAYBOY5" Wrote:I agree and have heard that they will be getting a couple of more studs to go with Cox and Stepp and Collins! A VERY YOUNG TEAM DOING SOME DAMAGE TO VERY GOOD TEAMS!
I haven't heard anything about this. Not so. They will be alright with what they have
"free throw" Wrote:Stepp only had 16 against LCC. Cox picked up the slack, there, lots of players would like to get 12. How many of Jenkins players had 12? Just wondering?
Look I wasn't taking anything away from Cox as I said he is a good ball player. Well I assume that Puckett had OVER 12!!!!. Hard to believe Stepp only had 16 against LCC.:Cheerlead I will look into the stats and get back to u on that.
I wasn't knocking Stepp, when I said he only had 16 in the LCC game. Everyone has an off night. When one of them has an off night , the other one usually picks up the slack. Cox was high point man in the LCC game. He had a lot of open shots against Jenkins, they were just rimming out. They play team ball believe it or not.