Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Morgan county 40 Paris 0 scrimmage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Morgan county was up 40-0 at the end of 3 quarters. Paris ended the scrimmage at the beginning of the 4th quarter. Score was 38-0 at half.
Paris does not even need to schedule competition like this.
I think Morgan had a little something to prove after Paris had a handfull of adult fans standing over at the fence yelling at and taunting Morgan's players. Paris does has past tradition and behavior like that from adults is not representing of what the great past tradition of Paris football is about. It was 38-0 at halftime, Morgan's defense got a safety on Paris early in the 3rd then Morgan starting playing the young guys. Coach for Paris came out on field before the 4th and called it off.
Dang, I hate to see this. It looks like Paris may be in for another long season.
One Paris alum said the Greyhounds dress about 13 kids. It's going to be a very, very long season. Hate to see this for the talent that they do have in RB Jalen Walton and a LB whose name escapes me at the moment.

Morgan Co. was pretty big, and I expect them to possibly surprise some people this season. Should have a pretty good OL.
Westside Wrote:Dang, I hate to see this. It looks like Paris may be in for another long season.

Me too, Westside. I'm old enough to remember how good the Paris program was back in the '70s and '80s. Hard to imagine how far it has fallen. A friend of mine told me that the Panthers dressed 17 kids for last night's scrimmage.
Gitback Coach Wrote:Me too, Westside. I'm old enough to remember how good the Paris program was back in the '70s and '80s. Hard to imagine how far it has fallen. A friend of mine told me that the Panthers dressed 17 kids for last night's scrimmage.

Sorry . . . I mean Greyhounds. Where the #%&@ did Panthers come from?
Gitback Coach Wrote:Me too, Westside. I'm old enough to remember how good the Paris program was back in the '70s and '80s. Hard to imagine how far it has fallen. A friend of mine told me that the Panthers dressed 17 kids for last night's scrimmage.

Paris always has speed to burn and some great athletes, but they haven't had numbers in a really long time.
Is Paris the city school and Bourban Co. the county school or are they the same school?
ozzy72666 Wrote:Is Paris the city school and Bourban Co. the county school or are they the same school?
Paris and Bourbon Co. are different schools. Paris in an independent school and Bourbon is the County school.
Thanks for the answer.
I'm happy to see Morgan did so well and sad that Paris seems to be in for another long season with low numbers.
Great Job MC, i really think theyre going to beat Boyd , and finish with a district runner up this season
With Jackson, Knott Central, Magoffin, and Breathitt as the other teams in their district it would be hard for them to not be the runner up,