Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: What players do you think would be great players if they had a decent team.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
No offence to other Magoffin county fans but I believe Robert Ducknowski would have been great.
:omg:
Brandon Shepherd could have started for any other team in the dist!
Duke was always hurt or in trouble with his grades or he could have been good at Magoffin.
NO OFFENSE, BUT THIS IS A BIG PART OF THE PROBLEM IS CRAP LIKE THIS# 79!
You play for Magoffin, but you like to post how much better kids would be playing elsewhere.So start with yourself, transfer then. LETS JUST SEE HOW MUCH YOU PLAY FOR ANYBODYELSE. You just slapped the Hornets in the face, once again, by not even giving them a rating of decent. Until the overall attitude changes from the top to the bottom, nothing changes. CHANGE YOUR ATTITUDES OR NOTHING CHANGES!
I agree 100% Vince..... Nice post
#79 If u are a current player at MCHS you do a pretty good job bashing them on here. I hope none of your coaches get on here and read what you write or your teammates cause if i was your teammate I would ride you all year.
arliss beach would have had a few state rings with a better team around hinm
I didnt mean no disrespect to my team or players but the way I see it is we have talent raw but unshaped and uncaoched we are decent but uncoached so we cant meet what where capable of. So we are no longer living to the potential that we have. See look were not all that good because we lack one thing thats the abblity to shape that talent.
coach 06 your right but going easy on them and leting them think there good now then theyll never bee determined to prove me or anybody else wrong and I hope they read it because they need to face it they need too prove there selves not through fighting on the field but through the game they play.
t-cat07 Wrote:arliss beach would have had a few state rings with a better team around hinm

No, this is very much false. Arliss had a great offensive line (Adam Ferguson (West Virginia State and Campbellsville), Ron Gehringer (West Virginia State), Grant Layne, Josh Hayes (Thomas More and Morehead), Daniel Ramey, Kevin Duncan (Morehead), TE Clark Norris (Centre), a great QB (Ryne Salyer (Murray State), a great FB (Matt Johnson (Centre), and 3 very good receivers (Nick Schweitzer, Zach Davis, Sam Elliott).

Of all those players, only 2 were seniors besides Beach.

The defense wasn't great, but it was formidable. Arliss was surrounded by talent. The reason the team didn't achieve more was due to former Head Coach Larry Hall. He knew Arliss was a great athelte, and very, very rarely threw the ball, even in long yardage situations. If Coach Hall had opened up the passing game, that team would have had one of the most explosive offenses in the state. Remember that during Beach's season, the team finished 8-4. The next year, when Coach Hall used a balanced offense, their record actually improved to 9-3.

Arliss was a great player, but much of his talent was a product of the great offensive team with him. Granted, he also made them look much better. The fault with those Ashland teams not being able to proceed further into the playoffs during that time was due to the fact of Coach Hall refusing to open up the offense because he wanted to boost Beach's numbers, and the incredibe run defense Rockcastle possessed during that span.