Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelby Valley 49, East Ridge 48
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
final

Valley is the #1 seed, Pikeville #2, East Ridge #3, David #4
I at least expected one of them to break 50 points, but now East Ridge plays Pikeville for the 3rd time come district tourny, and I honestly don't believe Pikeville has what it takes to beat them again....

Shelby Valley now has to battle the David School to make it to region...
congrats valley
Was a great game, but the Cheerleading battle was the best part of it;

I saw a dislocated finger, a face off, people backflipping into each other.

But a good Victory for Valley - hard fought.
Big props to Anthony Coleman and Kyle Fletcher, done great tonight.
thats a good win for sv and also a hard loss for er i thought we might win tonight because of the paintsville win, it really gave us a boost but its ok we can still win the district.....and thats what counts
What a game. Shelby Valley had the lead through most of the game but it never got too big. The Blue Crew was off the hook.

Honestly, I didn't think cheerleading could be as cool as it was tonight. People hitting each other, getting in each others faces and center court, and anything else you could imagine... happened.
Tonight was all about the cheerleaders...I thought the game was second to that. lol...It was wild. The blue crew was goin wild...This game was awesome.
Congrats Valley
Good win for the cats..Yea, the blue crew was definately wild and I love to see that.
Congrats Valley!
Good win for valley, everything was going good to night it sounds like the cheerleading, another Hall of Fame induction, and best of all the Wildcats got the #1 seed for the district sounds like a great night.
"Cowhunter30" Wrote:Tonight was all about the cheerleaders...I thought the game was second to that. lol...It was wild. The blue crew was goin wild...This game was awesome.
Congrats Valley

lol :lol: !! I totally agree !!! congrats to valley.. hard fought game between both teams... I have only one question.......

(((((Why didn't May put in #55 Rowe... to go up against Riddle?))))))))
FOR AT LEAST MORE THAN A MINUTE!!!!!!!
I mean even if he would have fouled completely out.....
BIG MAN against BIG MAN makes more sense to me in regaurds to defense....but hey!! what do I know!!!!!! What in the world was he thinking... (that was my rant) :Angry07:
ANYWAY...this was an awesome game to watch...WARRIORS!! let's focus on the up and coming games..
I can tell you from personal experience, May doesnt play a smart game. Rowe is a large man, and probably could have contained Riddle to at least some extent. I agree totally with you, not a wise move on May's part, again Good victory to Valley.
Well from what little games that I have watched (and I have just watched a few), Cade Riddle gets most of his points on uncontested lay-ups due to a break down in the other teams press. I dont think Riddle is really much of a threat in the half court game, it looks like a coach could put anyone in close to his size and that player could probably hold his own with Cade Riddle in the half court game.
"The Nature Boy" Wrote:Well from what little games that I have watched (and I have just watched a few), Cade Riddle gets most of his points on uncontested lay-ups due to a break down in the other teams press. I dont think Riddle is really much of a threat in the half court game, it looks like a coach could put anyone in close to his size and that player could probably hold his own with Cade Riddle in the half court game.

In the last game Rowe held Riddle at like 4 points (I think, not sure of stat), he did a great job....
Why did May take such a chance... in such a big district game!!! I think ROWE would have made a difference..IMO..
I guess my rant wasn't over !!!!:Angry07:
and good game valley...you brought it !!!
I thought Bartleys last 3 was banking in but it just wouldnt go down..... I was proud of the boys effort in the 2nd half and i can't wait until District.
congrats
Congratulations Wildcats...Good Win! I have to give a 'pat on the back' to number 3 (I think). That kid can play.

Sorry everyone...but here I go...:bow:...Coach May really can't coach!! Anyone could've done a better job tonight!! I can't believe he didn't put Rowe put against Riddle....and why take out boys that was catching a rebound and sit'em down????? :omg: TOTAL DUMBASS!! You will NEVER find another post from me where I'm passing the buck and bashing a coach (griping maybe, but I never just say it was COACH's fault)....but after last nights game I just can't hold back anymore! But despite bad coaching, Fletcher and McCoy had a really good night....love to watch these two play together.....they have some kind of chemistry together.

Okay, I feel a lot better now....thanks for listening everyone!!

BTW~Good job :Cheerlead If anyone from ER brought it tonight, ya'll did!! I didn't even think you was coming, but not only did you come, you came to show off!!
Great game congrats to valley.
You all are most not know a lot of basketball! Er eas suppose to be horrible, but May has them winning ball games and giving them a chance to win.
Good win Wildcats.....I wasn't able to go this game...but I wish I could have....it sounded really good on the radio.........Dont worry warriors, District coming up and that is when it really matters........
omg i didnt get to go to the game but from what i hear it was awesome.Those scores r rly close.Good game.Sry ER for the loss but i think we will win the next game.What happend with the cheerleaders cuz im friends with some of them and i havnt got to talk to them about it so ill jus ask the ppl on here.did they like argue or somethin?welp gonna go but goodluck ER!!!
Warrior fan all the way :Cheerlead oh and a pat on the back to fletch and mark for tryin!
Nice win SV.
First and foremost, as much as I hate to say it, congratulations to Shelby Valley. Winning the 59th district without even having to play in it. Really takes away from the fun of the tournament in my opinion. Anyways, Warriors don't hang your heads. You went in there and played the hardest basketball game that you have had all year. Valley has a solid ball club year after year and you stepped up to the plate and stayed in there with them until the end. No one expected you boys to be on their heels like that. Best of luck in the tournament. Focus on making it to Region.

1:43 left in the 4th and the score was SV 43 and ER 40

Only 2 points were scored for both teams almost halfway into the 4th quarter

SV had around 16 turnovers in the first half versus ER's 12

The score came down to SV 46 ER 43 with :26 left on the clock. They took away 3 seconds after Fletcher made a 3, later added them back.

SV 47 ER 46 with 9.3 seconds to go.
Mitchell Riddle was fouled making Valley go into double bonus. He made both shots at the line. Resulting in SV 49 ER 46.

At this point Valley only had 5 team fouls in the half vs. ER's 10. So with that little time left on the clock they could foul and not put ER shooting bonus shots.

The Wildcats took back to back timeouts with 9.3 seconds on the clock.

Mark Bartley was fouled with 6.3 left.

Bartley threw up a 3, Fletcher threw up a VERY unorthodox 3 and Mullins got the rebound, made a 2, and the game ended Shelby Valley 49 and East Ridge 48.

Final Stats:

REBOUNDS
Valley 25
Ridge 19

TURNOVERS
Valley 21
Ridge 18

Jackson and Riddle left the Wildcat scoring with 18 each.

Valley was 15 of 24 from the free throw line and 2 of 7 from behind the arch.

East Ridge was led in scoring by Mark Bartley with 12, 9 of which came in the 3rd quarter.
Tyler McCoy had 11 and Coleman had 8. I didn't catch the rest of the players'.

The Warriors were 3 of 16 from behind the arch and 3 of 5 from the charity stripe.
The blue crew was in full force tonight and this was a great game. I thought the cheerleaders were going to fight and it was awesome. Valley done just enough to win, good win valley keep it up. :dance:
"thetribe" Wrote:First and foremost, as much as I hate to say it, congratulations to Shelby Valley. Winning the 59th district without even having to play in it. Really takes away from the fun of the tournament in my opinion. Anyways, Warriors don't hang your heads. You went in there and played the hardest basketball game that you have had all year. Valley has a solid ball club year after year and you stepped up to the plate and stayed in there with them until the end. No one expected you boys to be on their heels like that. Best of luck in the tournament. Focus on making it to Region.

1:43 left in the 4th and the score was SV 43 and ER 40

Only 2 points were scored for both teams almost halfway into the 4th quarter

SV had around 16 turnovers in the first half versus ER's 12

The score came down to SV 46 ER 43 with :26 left on the clock. They took away 3 seconds after Fletcher made a 3, later added them back.

SV 47 ER 46 with 9.3 seconds to go.
Mitchell Riddle was fouled making Valley go into double bonus. He made both shots at the line. Resulting in SV 49 ER 46.

At this point Valley only had 5 team fouls in the half vs. ER's 10. So with that little time left on the clock they could foul and not put ER shooting bonus shots.

The Wildcats took back to back timeouts with 9.3 seconds on the clock.

Mark Bartley was fouled with 6.3 left.

Bartley threw up a 3, Fletcher threw up a VERY unorthodox 3 and Mullins got the rebound, made a 2, and the game ended Shelby Valley 49 and East Ridge 48.

Final Stats:

REBOUNDS
Valley 25
Ridge 19

TURNOVERS
Valley 21
Ridge 18

Jackson and Riddle left the Wildcat scoring with 18 each.

Valley was 15 of 24 from the free throw line and 2 of 7 from behind the arch.

East Ridge was led in scoring by Mark Bartley with 12, 9 of which came in the 3rd quarter.
Tyler McCoy had 11 and Coleman had 8. I didn't catch the rest of the players'.

The Warriors were 3 of 16 from behind the arch and 3 of 5 from the charity stripe.

Great breakdown of the game..Thanks :thumb:
Thanks alfus, I took notes. :Thumbs:
"hootie" Wrote:You all are most not know a lot of basketball! Er eas suppose to be horrible, but May has them winning ball games and giving them a chance to win.

You don't have to know alot about bball to know Coach May is worthless as a H.S. bball coach!! It's one thing to loose a game because the other team is just flat out better. That is not the case with this game or a few other games ER lost. It was flat out bad coaching. ER has the talent, they need a Coach!!
"ridgewarrior" Wrote:Congratulations Wildcats...Good Win! I have to give a 'pat on the back' to number 3 (I think). That kid can play.

Sorry everyone...but here I go...:bow:...Coach May really can't coach!! Anyone could've done a better job tonight!! I can't believe he didn't put Rowe put against Riddle....and why take out boys that was catching a rebound and sit'em down????? :omg: TOTAL DUMBASS!! You will NEVER find another post from me where I'm passing the buck and bashing a coach (griping maybe, but I never just say it was COACH's fault)....but after last nights game I just can't hold back anymore! But despite bad coaching, Fletcher and McCoy had a really good night....love to watch these two play together.....they have some kind of chemistry together.

Okay, I feel a lot better now....thanks for listening everyone!!

BTW~Good job :Cheerlead If anyone from ER brought it tonight, ya'll did!! I didn't even think you was coming, but not only did you come, you came to show off!!

Almost every fan in the 15th has issues with their schools coach, I have seen many games over the years and I've found myself disagreeing with many decisions made but the fact is we don't have all the answers. Hell, I caught myself criticizing Jordan's jump shot saying it was too flat and he's the greatest player of all time. Every coach has a different method of how the game should be played and there are many different methods that work. I am not familiar with the East Ridge program but I've seen them play a couple times and talked to many people who are familiar with them and from what I gather they are very young and just not the most talented team this year. They do have big wins over Belfry and Paintsville who are undoubtebly more talented and have excellent coaches so Coach May had to be doing something right those games. A one point loss to SV is nothing to be ashamed of. Anyways good luck to East Ridge and this is one very critical fan who thinks all of us so-called (me included) knowledgeable fans need to keep our negative thoughts to ourselves and not the message boards where they do nothing but cause turmoil.
Now I wish I would have made the trip from Lexington!
I'm sure Wendal wallen put up a good fight!
Pages: 1 2