Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Raceland 21 Lewis County 12 EKC Grid-o-Rama
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Grayson last night. Very good game. Lewis is VERY much improved. Raceland looked pretty good as well. Good luck to both teams this year.
Pretty poor defense from both sides. But it was a great game to watch alot of big plays. Good luck to Lewis on their upcoming season.
Ram Fan04 Wrote:Pretty poor defense from both sides. But it was a great game to watch alot of big plays. Good luck to Lewis on their upcoming season.

Lots of work to be done before the next game. But with the way this team works you'll see improvement each week. Just need to stay healthy. Some good looking young talent on this team! We'll take our lumps. But by district time if we are healthy we'll be just fine. Plus two startes didn't even dress. But no worries about them. With them we would have looked lots better.
I thought Lewis County's run defense looked excellent. But our pass defense was questionable. Raceland looked good against the pass but struggled against the run.
Does anyone know the scores of the other EKC grid games?
Pretty low amount of points coming from Raceland. Is Lewis county better than years past?
Lewis Co is very much improved. Solid run game on both sides of the ball.
LClion4life Wrote:Lewis Co is very much improved. Solid run game on both sides of the ball.

Lewis Co played very hard. Some good athetes on this team. They will compete.. Good luck the rest of the year to LCH.
Thanks and good luck to Raceland the rest ofthe way as well!
Lewis County is a much improved team with alot of seniors and is getting better the last 3 years, on the other hand Raceland's skilled players are not as good as years past, plus they will have to run the ball more to be sucessful this year, the Eagles are very far ahead of the Rams at this stage of the season
:lmao:
old warrior Wrote:Lewis County is a much improved team with alot of seniors and is getting better the last 3 years, on the other hand Raceland's skilled players are not as good as years past, plus they will have to run the ball more to be sucessful this year, the [B]Eagles are very far ahead of the Rams at this stage of the season[/B] :lmao:

Old Warrior I'd say fairview is in a class of it's own in the district this year. I hate to see them come into RAM stadium this season. Going to be a blowout! I just hope we don't have to pull out the mercy rule! I'd say Racelands record and the eagles records when they meet won't compare! fairview should be undefeated at that point. The RAMS I just hope are even in the won/loss records. pst: we won't compare who's played who!! Those two studds that stood on the sidelines the entire game surley wouldn't have made a difference against Lewis Co. Besides our QB is young! And one of our ok receivers is a froshman. It will take a miracle to even walk out on the field with the eagles on the other end warming up..:worthy:
Like Ive said all along we are very young this year. Most skill players are sophomores or even freshmen. I don't agree with the comment we have to run the ball to be effective. Elkins may be young but he is poised in not making ints and running with what he has. This team will get better with every play from line of scrimmage. Oldwarrior just can't stAnd the fact raceland will beat greenup 3 out of 4 years. So he pokes fun at where he may be able to. The schedule is tougher than previous years for us. And we had two of the better players not even dress. Lewis county is much improved. They have a very tough running back or two who runs hard. Good luck to Lewis the rest of the way! Wish we still had Lewis on the regular season schedule I used to love playing in vanceburg!
old warrior Wrote:Lewis County is a much improved team with alot of seniors and is getting better the last 3 years, on the other hand Raceland's skilled players are not as good as years past, plus they will have to run the ball more to be sucessful this year, the Eagles are very far ahead of the Rams at this stage of the season
:lmao:

Well that would be true, since we have ONE senior receiver on the field. A junior receiver on the field and the rest are Freshman and sophomores. So when you say this comment you are correct. BUT these kids can play against older kids and do very well. I look at the 14 year old receivers on the field out there this past week who played against kids who are 18 or maybe 19 by now and say- The future is bright in Ramland. When Marcus and Beach come back and add the speed factor to our running game, it is gonna help out -agreed. But the comment about not being as good as in the past is laughable and a rotating comment at that. Elkins at QB as a sophomore is where he is gonna play. Due to the fact that the slated starting QB quit, that bumped him up and put him in the starting role EARLY!! We will play, Adam Elkins will QB and we will continue to improve. He will do well, we will do well and with the talented Junior and Senior class we have, we should be just fine!!!!!!
There was not one player in the secondary that is 19 for Lewis County so let's cut that crap right now. JP Parker 17 was the only senior back there. Chase Parker is 15 Nick Ruark 16.
[quote=Ram-Fan]Well that would be true, since we have ONE senior receiver on the field. A junior receiver on the field and the rest are Freshman and sophomores. So when you say this comment you are correct. BUT these kids can play against older kids and do very well. I look at the 14 year old receivers on the field out there this past week who played against kids who are 18 or maybe 19 by now and say- The future is bright in Ramland. When Marcus and Beach come back and add the speed factor to our running game, it is gonna help out -agreed. But the comment about not being as good as in the past is laughable and a rotating comment at that. Elkins at QB as a sophomore is where he is gonna play. Due to the fact that the slated starting QB quit, that bumped him up and put him in the starting role EARLY!! We will play, Adam Elkins will QB and we will continue to improve. He will do well, we will do well and with the talented Junior and Senior class we have, we should be just fine!!!!!![/QUOTE]

:Thumbs:
AshamedLCParent Wrote:There was not one player in the secondary that is 19 for Lewis County so let's cut that crap right now. JP Parker 17 was the only senior back there. Chase Parker is 15 Nick Ruark 16.

I think he was just a little upset. Don't think he was talking about anyone in particular. Nothing personal AshamedLCParent. Could be he was just refering to seniors.
Good luck friday AshLCParent!
There you go, need I bring up last yrs. game and I think we will beat you this year also, it never changes between you and me, thats what rivalys are about, both teams will struggle at qb. but we have more versatile athletes than you all, but we have not got alot of experience, and it will be decided on the field and not on here, read the post above you, not that is truthful
Who cares. Age doesn't matter. Neither foes the class of the players! As coach said back in the day. They are all football players! Not grades or ages! We are young yes. But discussing ages does no good. Neither does the arguments between raceland and other bigger schools. Raceland could lose to Ashland and greenup and still win the state title! It's about the talent that a school offers sighing it's own class of play. Raceland should never beat Ashland, greenup or Russell. They both double the avaiable options for talent based on population of the cities..
Adam will be fine at QB and the Rams may take a beating by a couple big time teams like Ashland but they won't quit and will come back at you the next game! That is what is learned from 1st grade up and that's what makes Raceland football so strong and respected by Fairview and Ashland and others! Hey, when we aren't playing Greenup or Russell even Fairview I love seeing them do good for our AREA! I would like to see Fairview play a stronger schedule but they really never know how many players they will have from year to year.
that's right Wrote:Adam will be fine at QB and the Rams may take a beating by a couple big time teams like Ashland but they won't quit and will come back at you the next game! That is what is learned from 1st grade up and that's what makes Raceland football so strong and respected by Fairview and Ashland and others! Hey, when we aren't playing Greenup or Russell even Fairview I love seeing them do good for our AREA! I would like to see Fairview play a stronger schedule but they really never know how many players they will have from year to year.

A smart QB (Adam) and smart coaches = we will play to the QB and others strengths. He's young. We can't expect him to play like a senior. It will be fun to watch these two QB's develope. :worthy:
And yes he will..