Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Perry Central @ Pikeville schrimmage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone know how this one turned out?
Perry Central dominated.
10-4 sounds good to me.

How did they look on both sides of the ball?
Perry's varsity scored 4-5 times during the 2 series of 10 plays, then forced a safety and scored 2 more times during the down and distance scrimmage Pikeville's varsity did not score. When the JV came in i'm pretty sure Perry's JV scored twice and Pikeville's scored once. Perry looked solid defensively, Hollon is a great addition to the unit and done a great job all game long. White got a sack and swatted down a pass and overall looked very good on defense. Matt Robinson done what he usually does, played well and got a lot of tackles. On offense our backs ran the ball very well and the o-line (specifically Deaton and Hollon) done a great job of getting down field and laying some big time blocks. Receivers look good and I think only had 1 dropped ball all game long. Huff threw the heck out of the ball and ran it pretty well. Perry has a few things they need to iron out but overall they looked pretty good for their first scrimmage.
The biggest thing I see with this team is confidence and how they will react when they lose their first game. If Haddix can keep them up I see them losing only a couple during the reg season. PCC has lots of speed and the defense is very much improved from last year. Test #1 will come this fri night against the blackcats. Uhhh, I see PCC winning this game going awayyyyy. Tooo much Speed on offense and Tooo much Hollon and Robinson on Defense. Rankin and White seem to me the most improved mentally...
Sounds to me that Perry Central is going to be very very good this season!
bcpc Wrote:The biggest thing I see with this team is confidence and how they will react when they lose their first game. If Haddix can keep them up I see them losing only a couple during the reg season. PCC has lots of speed and the defense is very much improved from last year. Test #1 will come this fri night against the blackcats. Uhhh, I see PCC winning this game going awayyyyy. Tooo much Speed on offense and Tooo much Hollon and Robinson on Defense. Rankin and White seem to me the most improved mentally...

I wouldn't overlook Prestonsburg, they have some speed of their own and some damn good athletes. Not to mention they have the best secondary coach in KY.
Don't really know much about Pburg this year but given there history I think the game will be a pretty good one..but as far as speed goes, Pburg might have some of there own but I just can't see them with the speed Perry has.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Perry Central dominated.
To be fair, PCC IS a 5A team, though. PHS will be fine when the season rolls around.