Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Letcher Central @ Prestonsburg - Scrimmage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@ Prestonsburg's Josh Francis Field tomorrow night (Aug. 12) at 7 PM.

Will be just like a game with refs, special teams, running clock, etc. Just won't count against anyone's record.

Go Blackcats!
Good luck Blackcats. I will be there LOUD AND PROUD as usual.
Good luck lcc
Is it possible that anyone can update the game tomorrow as its going on? Any radio covereage or anything?
man Prestonsburg is gonna be packed tomorrow. not only do they have this scrimmage but they also have a Volleyball tournament going on which I expect more people to be at the Football Game than the Volleyball Tournament
Who is Letcher Central's opponent in Week 0?
Why we scrimijin' little teams like that? What good does that do? What does it prove?
I know you aren't considering any of these two teams small?
the predicament Wrote:Why we scrimijin' little teams like that? What good does that do? What does it prove?

^This person is in for a rude awakening.
Good Luck - Letcher Central !!
BlackcatAlum Wrote:^This person is in for a rude awakening.

:Clap::rockon::popcorn:
the predicament Wrote:Why we scrimijin' little teams like that? What good does that do? What does it prove?

:redboxer: You will learn a lot about this little team tonight!!!! We will see if you have that same opinion tomorrow.
I am a big cougars fan, but I have too much respect for P-Burg to call them small. Should be a great game.
cougarpride08 Wrote:I am a big cougars fan, but I have too much respect for P-Burg to call them small. Should be a great game.

:Thumbs: Yes it should be a battle.
Pburg 7 Lcc 0 after each team had one possession
Pburg 7 LCC 6
Obviously the Predicament doesn't know much about mountain football. Prestonsburg is one of the toughest teams regardless of their enrollment classification. I would rank P'Burg higher than most of the 1A, 2A, 3A, 4A teams this side of Lexington. I am a loyal Cougar supporter but I for one know that tonights scrimmage will be a true battle and if LCC can come away with more points it's a step in the right direction for our program. It's almost a lose/lose situation for LCC, if they lose the scrimmage people will say that they lost to a small school and if they win people will say they were supposed to beat the small school. P'burg has more to gain from this scrimmage than LCC does.
By the comment made by Predicament I would say they are probably young. Most Cougar fans are well aware of the Blackcat football history and have great respect and hold them in high regard. Please do not judge us by one dumb remark.
I remember playing pburg a few times and the one thing that i remember is they were extremely physical and if u manage to win you will remember them I do.......good luck lcc but that is a tough "small school"
Pburg 7 LCC 12
Is that a final?
13-12 PBurg ... Final
Both varsity's scored two touchdowns apiece.

Didn't end up being the style of scrimmage I expected, as it was 10-play format then they used the chains.

Both defenses were stout tonight. Prestonsburg picked off LCC a few times and forced a few fumbles as well. Both lines give up a TON of sacks, especially toward the end when both varsity's were clearly tired.

#86 for LCC was an animal. He sacked the quarterback a few times, had several tackles, made a nice catch and did a lot of other things. He clearly stood out more than anyone else for LCC.

The option & off-tackle runs hurt Prestonsburg as the loaded up the box and over-pursued each time, resulting in big runs for the LCC backs and quarterback, other than that Pburg did really well.

Pburg's offense had it moments, but you could tell they didn't want to show everything they had in a scrimmage. Play-calling was very conservative as they only threw a few deep balls.

Best of luck to Letcher Central on the upcoming season!
Sounds like one hell of a scrimmage... Letcher may be a little underrated this year because of there little flaw from last year. But theres one thing forsure Letcher is a football school and will always be a football school so the football probably will not drop below average.
Sounds like it was a great scrimmage. Prestonsburg is gonna be tough this season.

Got any stats?