Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: WWE Summer Slam 2011
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Summer Slam record in Parenthesis

WWE Championship Unification Match With Triple H (8-4) as Special Guest Referee: WWE Champion John Cena (4-3) vs. WWE Champion CM Punk (2-2)
Events leading to this match: CM Punk won the title from John Cena at Money in the Bank which was also the final day of his contract. The following day, he was stripped of the title by Vince McMahon. A tournament was held to declare a new champion. That tournament was won by Rey Mysterio who went on to lose the title back to John Cena later that night. When John Cena was celebrating his victory, CM Punk made his return. New WWE COO Triple H resigned CM Punk and declared that both men were champions.

No Holds Barred Match for the World Heavyweight Championship: Champion Christian (3-1) vs. Randy Orton (4-3)
Rules of the match: A wrestler can not be disqualified or counted out during this match. The only way to win this match is by pin fall or submission.
Events leading to this match: This feud started when Randy Orton won the title from Christian a few months ago. After feeling as though he was cheated in their rematch, Christian earned another title shot and had his lawyers put a clause in the contract that Randy would lose the title if he was disqualified. At Money in the Bank, Randy snapped after Christian spit in his face. Christian won the title when Randy was disqualified for kicking him in the groin.

Sheamus (0-1) vs. Mark Henry (0-1)
Events leading to this match: Mark Henry has been on a rampage lately. In addition to injuring a stage hand, Mark Henry has injured the Big Show, Kane, and Vladimir Kozlov. Because of his recent actions, Teddy Long had difficulty finding him competition. When Mark Henry demanded competition, Sheamus answered the challenge.

Divas Championship: Champion Kelly Kelly (0-1) vs. Beth Phoenix (2-0)
Events leading to this match: Beth Phoenix earned this title shot by winning a battle royal. Following that victory, Kelly Kelly tried to congratulate her friend. Beth Phoenix responded by beating her up.

Cee Lo Green Will Perform
Cee Lo's song Bright Lights Bigger City is the official theme song of SummerSlam. During the event, he will be performing some of his hits.
Well guys, we will crown a new undisputed WWE champion on Sunday, and for my money, it's won't be either CM Punk or John Cena!

What better way to end SS is to have HHH screw one of the champions with a pedigree to let the other champion win! Then, with the new champion getting his hand raised, HHH Pedigrees him. Who should show up, Alberto Del Rio to cash in his Money in the Bank and walk away as the new champion.

That's the only way I see that the WWE can put a fresh spin on John Cena. If Cena walks away with a clean win, then what does the WWE accomplish in building any credible storyline with him until Wrestlemania. If he goes into a program with Del Rio, that gives you a few months of Cena chasing the title.

This also allows the WWE to establish a feud with Punk and HHH that could eventually be the Main Event of Suvivor Series.

Another thought of mine is that HHH pedigrees Punk allowing Cena to win! Then as Cena celebrates, the Rock hits the ring and Rock-Bottoms Cena. In whichever order that these happen, I still see Del Rio cashing in and walking away as champion!
Sheamus will only cement himself as a Face after Sunday night. But I don't think this feud is over by any means. I think that Henry goes nuts on Sheamus destroying him after a disqualification. This will ultimately set-up a Hell in the Cell between these two guys. Henry can't work a match for more than 8 minutes and it still look effective, so I see a DQ happening. A guy by Henry ultimately can be made to look good in a gimmick match like Hell in the Cell, so I see this feud ultimately ending up there.
SD, I like the theory of having HHH screw over the winner. IMO, CM Punk needs to win the belt. His storyline is too hot right now for it to fizzle out.

I think Punk v. Del Rio is a much better matchup for the coming months. Cena is stale, and surely someone in the WWE realizes that.
^ CE, Cena is stale to you, but he is far from being stale and because of that he will be a main-eventer for a very long time. Cena will surpass Hogan before the end of this year at 2nd on the all-time merchandise list for the WWE (3rd Rock, 1st Austin). He is on a more steady pace currently in bringing money into the WWE than both the Rock and Stone-Cold, thus that is what makes Main Event guys, not guys that we think work the best.

IMO, Cena has another 10 years at the top if he stays healthy and does not burn out. First off, in what we are in now for the WWE - "The PG ERA", Cena's whole purpose is to cater to the pre-18 crowd. This worked for the WWF with Hogan back in the day, and the reason that the WWE knows they have to do this is to build a sustainable audience. The glory days of the 90's Monday Night Wars is long over and those of us who bought (or pirated ;-) ) every PPV for both shows for those 10 years are now not buying anything. We were that 12-18 crowd of the 80's Hulkamania era. The WWE has to rebuild a brand new generation of fans, and Cena is the guy that fits that perfectly. Cena is not meant to appease us 40 year-olds, the WWE really is not worried about us.

Back to Cena's long term run capabilities, I still see him as the face of the company for a few more years. If the marketing interest begins to die on him, then that is the perfect time to turn him heel. They can get a few years out of him as the ultimate bad guy just like we saw with the NWO Hogan. Then that set's up the Face turn and those 12 year olds of today will clamor for their old hero and will buy his shirts all over again!
^Very well said!
WWE has added an elusive fifth match to the Summerslam PPV line-up on Sunday with Daniel Bryan vs. Wade Barrett official from the Smackdown brand.

Bryan, the current Smackdown Money in the Bank holder, hinted at the match throughout the week when doing media interviews promoting Summerslam.
Does it come on tomorrow, and at what time?
Yes, 8:00. I don't have a streaming feed yet though
Stardust Wrote:Yes, 8:00. I don't have a streaming feed yet though

I might but I wont promise. Once I ensure that it works, I will let you know.
^ Much appreciated