Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Half time score Boyle co.33-Rowan co.7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was very impressed with Boyle the first half,they looked like a well oiled machine.although its just a scrimmage, i still feel good about what i saw out of my Rebels.i expected alot more out of Rowan co.i thought they would give Boyle a good game.
Wow!
Boyle was up 40-7 when I left in the 3rd quarter. Boyle had a lot of penalties including a long TD run that was called back. I also thought Rowan would be a better team than they showed tonight. They do have a couple of kids that have good speed.
How does the offensive line look for Boyle County? How did the running game look? How did the passing game look? Thanks.
I was under the impression that the game was moved to tomorrow. I made plans to go watch it but now I see that I missed it.
BoyleCounty Wrote:How does the offensive line look for Boyle County? How did the running game look? How did the passing game look? Thanks.

Line looked good,Cox had over 100 yds in the 1st half,and i only saw one dropped pass in the first half.I was really impressed.Defense looked good,for thier first game like situation i was pleased.over all they looked really good.I think old French is gonna pull a rabbit out of his hat again.
what's the score now?
The last score i had was 40 to 7 in the 3rd quarter.Boyle had one TD called back in the first half.
ouch
Jack Lambert Wrote:I was very impressed with Boyle the first half,they looked like a well oiled machine.although its just a scrimmage, i still feel good about what i saw out of my Rebels.i expected alot more out of Rowan co.i thought they would give Boyle a good game.

Do not know much about Rowan, are they a team you usually beat fairly easily?
what was the final score?
sstack Wrote:Do not know much about Rowan, are they a team you usually beat fairly easily?

K.N.O.X put up 49 on them last year in the playoffs.....
Rowan finished 10-2 last year,losing to knox central 49 to 36 in the playoffs.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Rowan finished 10-2 last year,losing to knox central 49 to 36 in the playoffs.

Went back and looked at their schedule from last year; it looked pretty weak.
does anyone have a final score from this scimmage?
Final: Boyle County 47 - Rowan County 14

Overall, I thought we looked good. Not great, but good. Just because we are not where we need to be just yet. O-line looked good, Whittle looked good, & Cox looked great.

For Rowan: Wing has the look of an athlete and played like it. Just didn't get much help from dropped passes. I came away impressed with whoever RB #5 was last night. Very shifty and fast with good vision.
I'm curious to see how the RC fans view this game and what they feel they can do to learn from it.
I agree SD.
What will they take away from this game? I was never a fan of scimmaging much better teams as it seems likt a buzz kill when you do get destroyed, but Boyle is easily a top 5 team in the state and im sure if Boyle wanted to they could have racked up 80+ on Rowan, but they could also do that to 95% of teams in the state.
Copleys 3-5 defense is working just like it did at Greenup last season.
From what I understand, Boyle County just stuck with the basics. They didn't show too much(as no team in a scrimmage should). More or less, they were just trying to get the jitters out. The boys are pumped up for Highlands.
BoyleCounty Wrote:From what I understand, Boyle County just stuck with the basics. They didn't show too much(as no team in a scrimmage should). More or less, they were just trying to get the jitters out. The boys are pumped up for Highlands.

While I discount a lot of what I read on here, I have zero doubt that the bolded is 100% accurate. If the Birds aren't jacked up and ready to play, they'll return from Boyle County with their feathers tucked.