Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Former Boyle Grad Lamar Dawson Off To Great Start
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lamar is off to a great start as a true freshman at USC. Thought I'd post the link here:

http://usc.ocregister.com/2011/08/09/usc...vet/72725/

Keep it up Lamar. :Thumbs:
Still wish he would've went to UK.

SMH
Hatz Wrote:Lamar is off to a great start as a true freshman at USC. Thought I'd post the link here:

http://usc.ocregister.com/2011/08/09/usc...vet/72725/

Keep it up Lamar. :Thumbs:

Thanks for posting Hatz. Great story. Glad to see that all is well. Keep it up Lamar.
I was just thinking about him. I am glad you posted this.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Still wish he would've went to UK.

SMH

UK didn't have a legitimate chance once National Powers like USC, Oregon and company began to make their pitch. :Thumbs:
Hatz Wrote:UK didn't have a legitimate chance once National Powers like USC, Oregon and company began to make their pitch. :Thumbs:

I think he kept UK in his Top lists to give them respect among other recruits. Linebackers could say, "Hey, Lamar Dawson is strongly considering UK, maybe I should, etc..."

Or it was just the fact that he always wanted to be a Wildcat, but greener pastures came.
LWC Wrote:I think he kept UK in his Top lists to give them respect among other recruits. Linebackers could say, "Hey, Lamar Dawson is strongly considering UK, maybe I should, etc..."

Or it was just the fact that he always wanted to be a Wildcat, but greener pastures came.

I don't think Lamar was a big UK fan at any point. He was all but in Florida's pocket until the coaching change.

I think he gave UK the respect of being the home state school but that was it.
Hatz Wrote:I don't think Lamar was a big UK fan at any point. He was all but in Florida's pocket until the coaching change.

Okay, I never knew that. I guess we can be glad he did as much as he did then.
Hatz Wrote:I don't think Lamar was a big UK fan at any point. He was all but in Florida's pocket until the coaching change.

I think so also. It is worth noting that he loved Charlie Strong and would have likely chosen UL over UK had he stayed in state. More than one person told me that and also that he didn't care for the new DC at UK. From what I have gathered it was between USC and UT in the end. Lamar did an exceptional job of not letting anyone know the slightest thing about his choice. Tons of speculation but no one knew for certain where he was going until he announced.
Good luck on the season Lamar. Still wish you where in Blue.
Good to hear. Best of luck to Lamar on a great season!
Junction City, Kentucky!!!!!!! in the LA newspaper ! WOW!!
Rebel55 Wrote:Junction City, Kentucky!!!!!!! in the LA newspaper ! WOW!!

:thatsfunn
Rebel55 Wrote:Junction City, Kentucky!!!!!!! in the LA newspaper ! WOW!!

Don't hate.
Thats awesome. But Im way behind times I had thought he went to Oregon.
Good for Lamar, but he should have went somewhere else.

kiffin is a slime-ball and they cant even be ranked or play in post season
The Iceboxx Wrote:Good for Lamar, but he should have went somewhere else.

kiffin is a slime-ball and they cant even be ranked or play in post season

He'll still learn from Monte Kiffin which should prepare him for the NFL if he so desires. They'll be bowl eligible after this year so he'll have at least 2 more years to play in a bowl game. Hard to say he should have gone somewhere else when he appears to be the #2 MLB after 2 weeks of practice at one of the elite programs in college football.
The best player to come from this state in awhile it sucks that he got away but it was said that the vols were ahead of uk on his list so I would rather lose him to usc than the vols.....I still say being that far from home that he transfers back to uk to be closer to home......Hey i can have my hopes cant I?