Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best officials in the 15th
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I know we all complain about the guys in stripes but on occasion they do call a quality game. Just seeing who you guys thought were the best refs.

1. Mike Walker
2. Johnny Webb
3. Mike Hall
4. Roger Fairchild
5. Jimmy Blankenship
6. Shawn Hall
7. Todd Duff
8. Bubby
9. Bogar
10. Cecil

The rest I don't know about.
I agree with your list maybe not in this order. The other Hall is Shawn and hedoes a great job. Mike Hall can be the best of the best when he wants too. Roger F is always strong. Mike Walker is one of the best in the state. Bubby is one of my favorites, he has come a long way in the last few years, and he always hustles and is fair. Also, Johnny Webb he looks like he is always having a good time. I'm not a big Duff fan just because he wants people to watch him and not the game, but I think he is fair.
Mike Walker is terrible, Todd Duff couldn't make a good call, and isn't it time Wendel Wallen retired?
Wendell Wallen
Jerry G. Hurley
Sam Smith
Wyvonna Davis
Johnny Webb
Jim Blankenship
Yeah I forgot about Sam, he is a very good one. Just think sometimes he trys to explain the coaches what he is calling. Just make the call and go on, stop talking so much
Who is the younger black guy that refs??
Not the one that looks like Bill Cosby...the other one.
R. Davis and T. Duff are the worst in the 15th
there all horrible
"footlocker" Wrote:Who is the younger black guy that refs??
Not the one that looks like Bill Cosby...the other one.

Sam Smith
"Batpuff" Wrote:R. Davis and T. Duff are the worst in the 15th

:bow:

This thread is about the BEST officials in the 15th. You're and administrator. You should know better.
Jimmy is always consistent. And i am from Paintsville but i really like Mike and Sean Hall. I could possibly put Jerry up there as well.
Well the 15th region needs to keep with all the other regions around and start letting the kids play more physical, because it wont do nothing but help them down state when they go down that way to play. I will say they have done a better job this year. But refs like Wendal Wallon, are you kidding me? This guy couldnt ref a pee-wee game, he might have been a dandy back in the day, but he needs to hang his whistle up and move on the retirement home.
I like Wendell Wallen, cant stand (Duff,Walker).
don't care much for them
I like Sam, wendell, and Mike Walker.
Jimmy Blankenship
Blakenship Smith Duff
Who is Bubby????

This thread is an oxymoron. How can you have the "Best Officials" when they're all bad.
"sportwhiz" Wrote:Who is Bubby????

This thread is an oxymoron. How can you have the "Best Officials" when they're all bad.

Good one!
The degrading of officials is just an extension of our society. Complain,complain and complain. The officials are under constant scrutiny and to say they are worse than years pass is just garbadge. Chat sites such as this and the media attention associated with sports has led to bashing of anyone associated with team games. Coaches,players,officials,etc... Are they worse than the past? I don't think so...My point is the attention they get now is so magnified. My opinion!!!
I will be honest with you, the best official I have seen this year is the Prater girl from Prater fork. She has officiated several JV games I have seen and she is fairer and more accurate than any of the others I have seen.
They all miss stuff, but why does it always look like they favior one team over another. And it has nothing to do with sour grapes. There have been times in the past 8 years + that the team I root for has gotten the benifit of "good calls". even back in grade school.
Now it's not been many times grant it. But a few. All anyone wants is an Honest fair called game without bias.
Consistency is what I want to see in the games calls.
I think all the refs in the 15th are bad. They all hold grudges on players.
Mike Walker is hands down the best in the 15th. He has been the best in the 15th for a long time the only reason he doesn't go to Rupp every year is because he likes to eat too much. Mike Hall is very good when he wants to be, Jimmy Blankenship and Johnny Webb are also very good imo. All the officials I have met are very good guys off the court but I can relate to alot of fans frustration with them. I ref'd and coached a little so I've kinda had both ends of the spectrum. The officials critic each other and do the best the can and that is all anyone can ask for.
1. Jim Blankenship
2. Sam Smith
3. Johnny Webb
Well I been in the 15th this year and I don't think they have a official that can call jack!!!!!. We went to Phelps and out on the floor was an official that IMO should stick to being the GOD of little league.
"Nike Man" Wrote:The degrading of officials is just an extension of our society. Complain,complain and complain. The officials are under constant scrutiny and to say they are worse than years pass is just garbadge. Chat sites such as this and the media attention associated with sports has led to bashing of anyone associated with team games. Coaches,players,officials,etc... Are they worse than the past? I don't think so...My point is the attention they get now is so magnified. My opinion!!!
that might be your opinion and trust me they are worst i have been watching high school basketball for many years these refs today are not any good i seen todd duff at Johnson Central friday talking to players while game was going on making calls that he was out of position to make not making calls he was in position to make not just picking on him but he was just terrible on both sides dont these guys have anybody that evaluates them grade them or something i am glad that we will have 14th region refs to do the regionals what does that tell you if they dont think they can be bias in the regionals why are they refs here in the regular season some people will say to eliminate the possibility of doing a game for a team that you are close or eliminate scutiny but if they cant do it in the regionals why are they here in the regular season i know this thread wasnt about this but i kinda got sidetracted sorry
"basketballstar" Wrote:I think all the refs in the 15th are bad. They all hold grudges on players.
some hold grudges and on coaches too
"The Fan" Wrote:that might be your opinion and trust me they are worst i have been watching high school basketball for many years these refs today are not any good i seen todd duff at Johnson Central friday talking to players while game was going on making calls that he was out of position to make not making calls he was in position to make not just picking on him but he was just terrible on both sides dont these guys have anybody that evaluates them grade them or something i am glad that we will have 14th region refs to do the regionals what does that tell you if they dont think they can be bias in the regionals why are they refs here in the regular season some people will say to eliminate the possibility of doing a game for a team that you are close or eliminate scutiny but if they cant do it in the regionals why are they here in the regular season i know this thread wasnt about this but i kinda got sidetracted sorry
Run on sentence at it's finest!!
Pages: 1 2