Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Brett Favre to the Dolphins?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After swinging and missing on Kyle Orton and settling for Matt Moore and with a possible win-now-or-else mandate, Dolphins coach Tony Sparano apparently is thinking about trying to lure Brett Favre to Miami.

Sparano isn’t saying whether he is or isn’t, or whether he will or won’t. Per Omar Kelly of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, Sparano said simply that he can’t say that it won’t happen.

“I can’t rule anything out,” Sparano said. “I’m giving you the only answer I can give you.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...-in-miami/
I heard them talk about this on Mike & Mike this morning. I'm a bit curious. I don't care about the Dolphins, thus if they were able to convince Favre, it would intrigue me. BUT - I don't think this is a direction Favre would go. He still wants to win a Super Bowl and the Dolphins are in no position to beat the Jets and Pats!
^The Dolphins losing Ronnie Brown is a big hit to them IMO.
I don't think Reggie can run the Wildcat and that was one of their stronger suits.
^ I actually think Reggie will be perfect for the wildcat. The problem is, Reggie is only good for 15 plays a game. Adding him to Wildcat and conventional sets, he'll never survive the season healthy
Stardust Wrote:^ I actually think Reggie will be perfect for the wildcat. The problem is, Reggie is only good for 15 plays a game. Adding him to Wildcat and conventional sets, he'll never survive the season healthy

That's what I meant.
It just seemed like Ronnie could run the Wildcat on every down lol
Reggie's speed would be very helpful in Wildcat sets.
The only thing I would worry about would be the fact that in the Wildcat you will have to take some big hits and Reggie has never proven to be durable.
He even shared snaps at USC.
The Dolphins didn't really pursue Brown or Ricky Williams after the lockout was lifted. That's why the drafted Daniel Thomas out of Kansas State and traded for Reggie Bush. They wanted some youth & speed in the backfield. Look at last seasons stats, neither Brown or Williams did much of anything at all. The wildcat only averaged like 2 yards a play. That ended up having to make the Dolphins throw the ball much more than they wanted to and that's what made Henne look so bad at times, especially against the better teams like the Patriots & Jets.

I don't like the idea of adding Favre. He's done, he needs to go stay in Mississippi or find a coaching job somewhere. The Dolphins just need to stick with Henne and try to ride out the season, if it doesn't end up working out, then Miami can try and trade up for a draft pick and get Andrew Luck.
Favre is just too big of a question mark....
He missed some games last year for the first time since he was a starter.
The original iron man finally started to wear out.
I think he knows as well as everyone that he doesn't have much left to give.
Of course he could get out that and throw some bombs downfield....
but the days of him consistently making plays is probably over Wink
Not gonna happen. According to Reports, Farve has no interest in joining the Dolphins
When I hear talk about Brett Favre, I just look over it til it's permanent. The guy is unpredictable.
Strikeout King Wrote:Not gonna happen. According to Reports, Farve has no interest in joining the Dolphins

I guess that means it set in stone.
This man has never changed his mind before.
zaga_fan Wrote:I guess that means it set in stone.
This man has never changed his mind before.

No but why would anyone wanna join the Dolphins? when was the last time they won something? If he wants to win the Superbowl he needs to go to a Contender
Strikeout King Wrote:No but why would anyone wanna join the Dolphins? when was the last time they won something? If he wants to win the Superbowl he needs to go to a Contender

I don't know....
We're just speculating, bro.
All I can tell you is that the man has retired 68 times and he's came back 67.
The 68th un-retirement wouldn't surprise me.
Strikeout King Wrote:No but why would anyone wanna join the Dolphins? when was the last time they won something? If he wants to win the Superbowl he needs to go to a Contender

The Jets did not have a history of contention went he went there.
zaga_fan Wrote:I don't know....
We're just speculating, bro.
All I can tell you is that the man has retired 68 times and he's came back 67.
The 68th un-retirement wouldn't surprise me.

lol. you can never tell about him

OrangenowBlue Wrote:The Jets did not have a history of contention went he went there.

No they didn't but if he wants a title now, then he's gonna have to go to a contender
Brett Favre isn't going to comeback because he wants another Super Bowl ring, it'll be because he gets the chance to play football again. Winning the Super Bowl, or even contending for one would be an added plus.
^ I agree with you BCA. They only way he comes back is for a Super Bowl contender where he can start!
Please God, bless us with one more year of Favre!
aslan Wrote:please god, bless us with one more year of favre!

amen!
Pretty sure Favre done shot this down.
^ he shot down hundreds of comebacks as well Wink
Sorry guys, the dinger on the microwave just went off, he is done.