Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Worst defeats........
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What are some of the worst defeats you have seen or experienced in HS basketball

Posted 27 Jan 2005 11:36 pm:

Shelby Valley 84 - South Floyd 26 2000/2001 season.. This would have to be the worst defeat the Raiders ever suffered. But they went on to win the region that same year
SV-103 Piarist-32
thats gotta be a pretty bad one.
A few years ago Pike Central beat Piarist pretty badly. I think Piarist scored about 12 or 22.. And Central was up in the 70's or 80's I think.
I agree QQ. SV done that to the eventual region champ at Mt. Raider during one of the last games before district tournament.
"Showtyme" Wrote:I agree QQ. SV done that to the eventual region champ at Mt. Raider during one of the last games before district tournament.
That was sad, but hey we won region
Anyone can beat Piarist very badly... Pburg can beat them that bad but we have heart and TRY not to beat them that as bad.....i remember one year, both the boys and girls were playing and a prestonsburg girl blocked a piarist girl and felt really bad about it and handed the ball back to her and let her shoot it.....i know this is "boys basketball forum" but still its sad that piarist has to lose that bad.....i wonder what it does to their self-esteem i mean they get out there and give it there all i have the upmost respect for those kids from Piarist because they could all jsut say I quit and walk out BUT they dont, they suit up like any other team and go out there and have fun....People brag on how awsome it is to beat Piarist like the people from SV, I think with all my heart what goes around comes around, so SV beating them that bad one day will get beat as bad if not worse....
"football05" Wrote:Anyone can beat Piarist very badly... Pburg can beat them that bad but we have heart and TRY not to beat them that as bad.....i remember one year, both the boys and girls were playing and a prestonsburg girl blocked a piarist girl and felt really bad about it and handed the ball back to her and let her shoot it.....i know this is "boys basketball forum" but still its sad that piarist has to lose that bad.....i wonder what it does to their self-esteem i mean they get out there and give it there all i have the upmost respect for those kids from Piarist because they could all jsut say I quit and walk out BUT they dont, they suit up like any other team and go out there and have fun....People brag on how awsome it is to beat Piarist like the people from SV, I think with all my heart what goes around comes around, so SV beating them that bad one day will get beat as bad if not worse....

They could possibly recruit a few players since they are independant..
"football05" Wrote:Anyone can beat Piarist very badly... Pburg can beat them that bad but we have heart and TRY not to beat them that as bad.....i remember one year, both the boys and girls were playing and a prestonsburg girl blocked a piarist girl and felt really bad about it and handed the ball back to her and let her shoot it.....i know this is "boys basketball forum" but still its sad that piarist has to lose that bad.....i wonder what it does to their self-esteem i mean they get out there and give it there all i have the upmost respect for those kids from Piarist because they could all jsut say I quit and walk out BUT they dont, they suit up like any other team and go out there and have fun....People brag on how awsome it is to beat Piarist like the people from SV, I think with all my heart what goes around comes around, so SV beating them that bad one day will get beat as bad if not worse....
I think that it did tonight

Posted Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:54 pm:

"torQQue" Wrote:

They could possibly recruit a few players since they are independant..
Dont you have to be really smart to go there and pass a test, To them grades are more important..Basketball to them doesnt mean what it means to us.For us its braggin rights, to them its just something to do
Yeap your right B-Baller, SV shoudlnt brag about winning big on a small team, they need to brag when they beat a good team, and I GUARENTEE you dont hear em bragging about losing now do you?....And YES Piarist relies on grades, they only have 54 kids in the whole school...My g/f goes there and do you know the lowest anyone has one the ACT is a 21 thats out of the whole school....And basketball to them is something to do....
pcc beat piarist 113 to 12 i think thats bad
Wheelwright beat Cordia back in the early 80's 107-40
my left nut could beat piarst.

Posted Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:43 pm:

Piarist I mean
"MooCow69" Wrote:my left nut could beat piarst.

Piarist I mean
I'm sure they could give your right nut hell though. LOL. But seriously don't downgrade Piarist. They are kids just trying to have fun. I'm sure if you weren't all that great at something that you wouldn't wanna be made fun of. They try and give it 100%. Give them credit. At least these kids don't transfer and try to play somewhere else like other whiney spoiled kids these days. They're satisfied just getting to play.
I just can't wait to get to college, stay their for a couple years, flunk out, live with my parents, and hang out with all the high school kids typin on BGR cause I never was a good player in HS.

haha seriosuly though no need to brag about a good team playin a bad team... lets hear about two good teams playin and one beat the other... What about SV against PCC last year in the WYMT?
"blackcatfan4life" Wrote:
"MooCow69" Wrote:my left nut could beat piarst.

Piarist I mean
I'm sure they could give your right nut hell though. LOL. But seriously don't downgrade Piarist. They are kids just trying to have fun. I'm sure if you weren't all that great at something that you wouldn't wanna be made fun of. They try and give it 100%. Give them credit. At least these kids don't transfer and try to play somewhere else like other whiney spoiled kids these days. They're satisfied just getting to play.

Good Post. I agree 100%