Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 15th best pitchers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
who r they
justin slone will be one of the best
Chase Huffman probably throws the fastest but is not always throwing strikes..Johnson Central had a good pitching staff last year..not sure who all they lost..I"m pretty sure they lost Adam Blanton but his younger brother Justin is also a great pitcher at Johnson Central. Matt Fyffe was another good one..not sure if he;s still there or not..
Don't forget Justin Anderson at Pikeville. He won the 15th region championship game vs. Paintsville last year.
Morgan Roberts @ Lawrence Co.
Fyfe-JCHS
Huffman-Pikeville
1. Huffman - Pikeville

2. Fyffe - Johnson Central
3. Little - Allen Cent.
4. Anderson - Pikeville
5. Blanton - Johnson Central
6. May - Sheldon Clark
7. Roberts - Lawrence Co.
8. Grim/Vanhoose - Paintsville
9. Turner - Allen Cent.
10. Lafferty - Sheldon Clark

These are my top eleven not in any particular order. I'm sure I'm missing someone, and I appologize for that.
"crazed eagle" Wrote:1. Huffman - Pikeville

3. Little - Allen Cent.
4. Anderson - Pikeville
6. May - Sheldon Clark
9. Turner - Allen Cent.

These are my top eleven not in any particular order. I'm sure I'm missing someone, and I appologize for that.

Great List:Thumbs:
"crazed eagle" Wrote:1. Huffman - Pikeville

3. Little - Allen Cent.
4. Anderson - Pikeville
6. May - Sheldon Clark
9. Turner - Allen Cent.

I like your list especially if their not in order. You never really know who is gonna step up from season to season.

I'd have Blanton at the top of the list kids got a cannon plus he has the advantage of having a very knowledgable dad, brother and coach to help him along. Next I'd have Fyffe then Huffman. Anderson from Pikeville was huge in last years region. May from SC doesn't throw very hard but he is battle tested and knows how to pitch with very good off speed stuff. Hamilton and Roberts are very good also. If Little matures and adds a few mph this year he will be tough to hit as well. The region has a crop of goo pitcher's this season should be an exciting and interesting season in the 15th.
Chase is very impressave!!
Throw Hamilton in there.
mackenzie carter is prob. about 6th or 7th on my list
Scott Little and Tyler Turner are pretty awesome from AC but Huffman from Pikeville could give them a run for their money.....
Aaron Chapman- Belfry, is one of top pitchers in the region, I would say he is in the top 3 in speed...
"piratefaithful" Wrote:Aaron Chapman- Belfry, is one of top pitchers in the region, I would say he is in the top 3 in speed...

Chapman and Maynard are both great pitchers. Last year I would say Chapman hit 90 against Prestonsburg.
Todd Bentley and Justin Tackett arent to shabby for the Wildcats
Justin Anderson is probably the best junk pitcher in the 15th.
I began a response, only because I am so excited about the beginning of the season and almost forgot how I really feel about threads like this. I don't mean to be insulting to its creator, but I rarely ever respond to these types of threads, as I believe them to be divisive and counterproductive to the overall morale of the team itself! I'm not raggin' just representing what is probably a minorityWink . Be Cool!
"blackcat" Wrote:Chapman and Maynard are both great pitchers. Last year I would say Chapman hit 90 against Prestonsburg.

He was real close tot hat around the end of the season, I would say he will be above that this season...
I wouldn't lable Anderson a "junk" pitcher. That is for someone who doesn't throw hard. He has a good fastball. He didnt' throw it to Paintsville because he didn't have to. THey couldn't hit a curve and everyone knew it. He is one of the best pitchers, not one of the best junk pitchers.
May at sc is the best
"PantherFan" Wrote:I wouldn't lable Anderson a "junk" pitcher. That is for someone who doesn't throw hard. He has a good fastball. He didnt' throw it to Paintsville because he didn't have to. THey couldn't hit a curve and everyone knew it. He is one of the best pitchers, not one of the best junk pitchers.

I wasn't stating that he didnt have a good fastball. I was stating that he had alot of junk.
Bob Lyons Thinks That His Son Will Be. That Is Hilarious. Thats About As Funny As Seth Rice Being A Pitcher
wat about larry perkins? he may not b well reconized but he has every bit of potential to be ranked with these guys, that and he has two curve balls that look like they drop off a table Wink.
"tigerman2163" Wrote:Bob Lyons Thinks That His Son Will Be. That Is Hilarious. Thats About As Funny As Seth Rice Being A Pitcher
:lame: I don't have a dog in this fight.....but it sure sounds like someone has some jealousy going on here. I'm from another county, and have seen both these boys pitch, and they both have great potential and promising futures, because they pounded us in all stars.
:no: This is a good place to read about differing opinions in the sports field. But ....I don't think it necessary for words to be written.... down grading players. These are just good kids playing ball. Working hard each day in practice to help better their teams. Those persons who have a problem with a coach, should keep it "with the coach"...not the child. I haven't clicked with certain coaches and managers in the past, but never have I taken it out towards a child.
"jeter2" Wrote::no: This is a good place to read about differing opinions in the sports field. But ....I don't think it necessary for words to be written.... down grading players. These are just good kids playing ball. Working hard each day in practice to help better their teams. Those persons who have a problem with a coach, should keep it "with the coach"...not the child. I haven't clicked with certain coaches and managers in the past, but never have I taken it out towards a child.

:thumb:
austin Lyons is a great pitcher.
"jeter2" Wrote::no: This is a good place to read about differing opinions in the sports field. But ....I don't think it necessary for words to be written.... down grading players. These are just good kids playing ball. Working hard each day in practice to help better their teams. Those persons who have a problem with a coach, should keep it "with the coach"...not the child. I haven't clicked with certain coaches and managers in the past, but never have I taken it out towards a child.

110% agreeing with you, name calling only makes the name caller look small
"piratefaithful" Wrote:He was real close tot hat around the end of the season, I would say he will be above that this season...

A lot of teams with underesimate Belfry this season, they can compete with anyone in the region with those two pitching.

I'm a fried of the Lyons family, Austin is still young, give him time and he will be one of the best in the region. It's in his blood.
Pages: 1 2