Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: jv basketball
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
how many games do most jv teams play? Paintsville has played 5, just wonerdering if this is normal, to ignore jv?
JC's JV is 14-3....Thats a total of 17 games. IDK but thats a little over 5...LoL.
Jc played about 17 i think.
Jc has played about 17 i think but that is pretty bad that p'ville has only played 5 or more games
betsy layne has played 12 i think
well buddy all of the "jv" class kids are starting varsity for paintsville and doing good, what do you want them to do play 3rd graders.
pburg= new best jv team
"BLACK_N_GOLD" Wrote:well buddy all of the "jv" class kids are starting varsity for paintsville and doing good, what do you want them to do play 3rd graders.
Well buddy, that's not true....Paintsville has so many freshmen and sophmores that only a few freshmen even are allowed to practice. They have 16 players eligible for JV frosh and sophs, but only 10 practice, go figure!!! Especially when you really can't say that the freshmen the coaches chose to let practice are any better than the freshmen they have led to believe are not even good enuff to be allowed in the gym!!! Heck while I'm on a rant...why don't they just cut!!!
makes more sense to cut than to demoralize kids in the manner they chose.
What kind of sick system would do that to freshmen, and still let upperclassmen practice that have played in less than 10 minutes of varsity games in their entire careers???
The same players got to practice very little even when they were allowed in the gym, but when they were put into games, they performed as well as anyone!!! Imagine if they actually got a chance to practice!!!
To answer the ?? though, Paintsville had scheduled so many tourneys this year and with playing boys/girls district double headers, it doesn't leave many games for jv opportunities!
"Patton19" Wrote:pburg= new best jv team

Whatever Patton19, your team only dreams of beating JC's JV...Until a 15th region JV team beats JC they are better than anyone in the 15th
BL has played 12 they are 6-6 and i think about 4-5 games leaved
East Ridge has 14 games on their schedule.
SF's JV has played like 8 or 9 games 1-7 and the freshman have played 9 games 5-4
"Big_Ben#7" Wrote:Whatever Patton19, your team only dreams of beating JC's JV...Until a 15th region JV team beats JC they are better than anyone in the 15th
well think about how many pts u beat us by last time then thhink of he 2 starters that were missing.
Then think about how we had you down 18
Put in our back-ups that never play and still beat you
id say two starters could make up for 18 pts especially a 6'6 player, who cares though its jv, the only reason you get on here and talk about ur jv is because u cant talk about urself onn varsity cause u dont play, no stick that in ur pipe and smoke it. Ur prob the only person who gets on here and makes jv threads, i mean yeah jv is good for the younger players but who really cares, varsity is where its at, i dont see a big regional jv tournament or whatever. Stop talking about ur jv, nobody cares. were all glad ur the best.
I doubt that...I don't think that a 6'6 ***** could make up for 18 pts...and if you think about it...Maybe my school has a deeper bench and more kids to play team...and if I'm right correct if I'm but are you a junior?
Oh and I don't think I've heard your name on here either so until your name gets on here for making any type of contribution to your team don't run mouth
"Patton19" Wrote:id say two starters could make up for 18 pts especially a 6'6 player, who cares though its jv, the only reason you get on here and talk about ur jv is because u cant talk about urself onn varsity cause u dont play, no stick that in ur pipe and smoke it. Ur prob the only person who gets on here and makes jv threads, i mean yeah jv is good for the younger players but who really cares, varsity is where its at, i dont see a big regional jv tournament or whatever. Stop talking about ur jv, nobody cares. were all glad ur the best.
Let's take a look back shall we, the 6'6 player is defending himself. Broken arm nock you out for the season. I have yet to see Patton in big red lights after a JV game, let alone a varsity game. So, how can you say anything about BigBen not talking about varsity games, when Jv is all you can talk about?
"m00se" Wrote:Let's take a look back shall we, the 6'6 player is defending himself. Broken arm nock you out for the season. I have yet to see Patton in big red lights after a JV game, let alone a varsity game. So, how can you say anything about BigBen not talking about varsity games, when Jv is all you can talk about?

Thank You Moose
"m00se" Wrote:Let's take a look back shall we, the 6'6 player is defending himself. Broken arm nock you out for the season. I have yet to see Patton in big red lights after a JV game, let alone a varsity game. So, how can you say anything about BigBen not talking about varsity games, when Jv is all you can talk about?

Cant help but chime in here, Patton saw about 1 1/2 quarters of Varsity time in the last game I saw Prestonsburg Play. I also saw the JV game when Pburg played JC. JC has a good JV team and so does Pburg. I know that a couple of Pburg's JV players did not play due to increasing varsity time. JC choked big time and almost lost the game after having a hugh lead.
The best JV team I have seen this year is Morgan County by far.
JC defeated Morgan by 11 earlier this year
"Big_Ben#7" Wrote:JC defeated Morgan by 11 earlier this year

I saw Morgan Co. about a week ago they looked great compared to your team and the pburg team. I think they moved a couple of kids down from varsity. they are a load. That is what Pburg has been doing also, moving kids up and down. they never really have the same JV team on the floor on any given night. Several of the Pburg JV "normal" starters have not participated in several JV games because of Varsity play. Coach Crisp is using the JV as a stepping stone for varsity moving them constantly trying to get ready for Tournament time.
"Patton19" Wrote:pburg= new best jv team

since when?