Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Biggest upsets ever
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Share with us some of the biggest upsets ever in KY High School Basketball
I know of a few games where I got really upset, but I can't think of any teams getting upset just yet..
Last year Prestonsburg beat Shelby Valley in the first round of the Regional.
Yeah, that was definitely a big upset, but with the crowd support we gave our team I didn't see them losing the game, then at the Pike Central game it was like we were all tired from all the screaming we did against Valley.
Prestonsburg didnt want anything more besides beating SV. I have followed PBurg ball since i went there and after i graduated. They only wanted to Beat SV and Kris B.

That was all that mattered to them.

Posted Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:54 am:

Also a big upset in the state was when Prestonsburg's girls defeated SV girls in the regional tounrey at SV. I think it was 2000 or 2001.

Posted Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:57 am:

Also a big upset in the state was when Prestonsburg's girls defeated SV girls in the regional tounrey at SV. I think it was 2000 or 2001.
I think it was 2001 when Pburg girls defeated Shelby Valley in the regional tourny
East Ridge winning the 15th region last year has to be one. Maybe not an upset but the way they went thru the entire playoffs was unheard of
What about the South Floyd girls winning district in 2001, I know this is a boy's basketball topic but that is the biggest one I've seen.
I'd also go with Pikeville over Magoffin Co. in the regional tournament that year as well. Magoffin Co. had one of the most talented, well-rounded teams from the mountains that year since Paintsville in 1998.
Allen Central also beat Shelby Valley at Shelby Valley at that tournament.
I guess I would have to say the whole 2001 Regional Tourney at Shelby Valley! haha
1st round region AC over undefeated SV at SV 2001. Also I think it was 02 Paintsville over SF in semi region tourny. Tiger came from way down at the half and won on last second layup after so called Tiger TO by BMR. AND lets not forget tonight. SC over unbeaten in 15th region Valley.
2003 regional tourney when jc beat the all star team of sf when they mike hall and tyler hall, that was unbeliveable, mike hall was a player people probally the best ive seen come out of the 15th in awhile,
south flyod beating pikeville
"G*O*A*T" Wrote:south flyod beating pikeville
I hope that you arent talking about the game played hear recently...
pikeville and south floyd in the all a finals
Feds Creek beating Elkhorn City in 1999, the year EC was stacked.
"Coach Mac" Wrote:pikeville and south floyd in the all a finals
Please explain how this is an upset
"rodzilla23" Wrote:East Ridge winning the 15th region last year has to be one. Maybe not an upset but the way they went thru the entire playoffs was unheard of

Keep it realistic here. East Ridge winning the region last year was a done deal before it even took place. How they won thier games by only 5 or 6 points combine was shocking? Thats the only part unheard of. They should have never won the region.
"Showtyme" Wrote:1st round region AC over undefeated SV at SV 2001. Also I think it was 02 Paintsville over SF in semi region tourny. Tiger came from way down at the half and won on last second layup after so called Tiger TO by BMR. AND lets not forget tonight. SC over unbeaten in 15th region Valley.

Paintsville beating South Floyd in general wasn't an upset, coming back from being down by 26 points in the 3rd quarter was IMO an upset. Paintsville beat South Floyd 3 times that year, the only upset was coming back like that. What do you mean "so called Tiger TO by BMR?"
this isnt a high school game but in freshman i would have to say johnson central beatin the undefeated panthers this season lol
Please Showtyme, care to explain how in the world you get that, or what you are talkin about?
Paintsville over Lexington Catholic in 1997 on Senior Night. Prestonsburg over Shelby Valley in 2004. East Ridge over Pike Central in Regional Championship last season, thought the buzzer had sounded but I was mistaken. The entire 1996 Sweet 16 when Paintsville was an underdog. Lexington Catholic being beat by Paul Dunbar in '97. There are quite a few I've witnessed, too many to think of.
2003 jc over sf the year they had mikie hall in the region
"Redneck" Wrote:
"Showtyme" Wrote:1st round region AC over undefeated SV at SV 2001. Also I think it was 02 Paintsville over SF in semi region tourny. Tiger came from way down at the half and won on last second layup after so called Tiger TO by BMR. AND lets not forget tonight. SC over unbeaten in 15th region Valley.

Paintsville beating South Floyd in general wasn't an upset, coming back from being down by 26 points in the 3rd quarter was IMO an upset. Paintsville beat South Floyd 3 times that year, the only upset was coming back like that. What do you mean "so called Tiger TO by BMR?"

If this game was at Pike Central, then my cousin is the one who shot the layup. Adam Rice is the who shot it, if this is the game you are talking about.
"crazytaxidriver" Wrote:
"Redneck" Wrote:

If this game was at Pike Central, then my cousin is the one who shot the layup. Adam Rice is the who shot it, if this is the game you are talking about.

That is the game we are talking about, and in NO WAY was Paintsville beating South Floyd an upset, that made the 3rd time Pville had beat them that year, coming back from being down 26 points in the 3rd was an upset, but Paintsville over SF was not.
"Redneck" Wrote:
"crazytaxidriver" Wrote:
"Redneck" Wrote:

That is the game we are talking about, and in NO WAY was Paintsville beating South Floyd an upset, that made the 3rd time Pville had beat them that year, coming back from being down 26 points in the 3rd was an upset, but Paintsville over SF was not.

That's what I was thinking.. I think whoever mentioned this was because P'ville was down with like 5 seconds to go or something, and then Adam made that wide open layup. Thus costing SF the game.
I got a couple,
(1) 1994 15th Region Semi Finals Pike Co. Central Over Elkhorn City, Elkhorn City had Todd Conley and Marin Mindolivich. Pike Central hit a shot in the last seconds. Elkhorn City was ranked 2nd in the region that year behind Paintsville. Pike Central was a first year school. Pike Central lost in the finals to Allen Central when Allen Central had Thomas Jenkins.
(2) Pike Central Over Johnson Central in Overtime in the 15th Region Semifinals in 1999 at Johnson Central. Pike Central had beat Shelby Valley in the first round of the 59 district Tour. on a last second shot by William Billiter. Shelby was up by 1 and and missed the second shot at the Free Throw line and Shawn Scott got the rebound and drove to mid cout and lost the handle of the ball and Billiter picked it up and shot and it went in. Billiter did not see the shot go in because he had fell. Pike Central lost in the finals of the 59th and 15 region to Pikeville.
(3) Scott County over Lexingtion Catholic State Semi Finals on a last second shot. Catholic was loaded that year. Catholic had Mendenhall, Graves, Scott County had A.W. Hamliton.
Whenever Phelps beat belfry in the district tourny, when they had not won a game all year to advance to the regional tourny.

ER should have won the region last year, they are always under rated. They might do it again they are in about the same situation, same rankings, same ole story.
Yeah the guy from P-ville made that last second layup and they won the game. Although lets not forget that p-ville started crying about the clock and of course BMR weasled his way into getting a few seconds put back on the clock.
I don't think there was any time put back on the clock. I do recall that a Paintsville player appeared to walk at center court, but the Tigers were awarded a T.O. because it was supposed to have been called before the violation occured. The backcourt official is the one that whistled the T.O. and not the one standing next to BMR. Both coaches went to the scores table to discuss the clock situation and agreed on 3 seconds I believe. IMO South Floyd should have never let Paintsville back into the game, but if a team can give up a lead that big and lose then they didn't deserve to be there anyway (although they were very talented that season).
4leaf, i was there at that game. i agree that ec had the better team, i just think that fedscreek wanted it more that time. those boys played with ALOT of heart.
All of them?
Pages: 1 2