Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Preston LeMaster named New East Ridge Head Coach
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
In other news from the random stories of random.
My family is good friends with the principal at East Ridge, I am glad they got the man they wanted, Good Luck this season!!!
interesting...
Waka Waka Waka....
Congrats to Preston. Remember him playing for Bourbon Co and then at UK.
he was an assistant at Powell County last year.
Good luck.
Congrats to Preston.
Strikeout King Wrote:he was an assistant at Powell County last year.

Was he really??!! I am shocked that I didn't know that and don't remember seeing him!!
^ Yes. I didn't know it til my cousin Kayla told me.
Former Kentucky basketball player Preston LeMaster has been named the new basketball coach at East Ridge High School today.

I spoke to Preston today about the new job, and you could definitely hear the excitement in his voice.

"Something I have wanted to do my whole life is to coach basketball and have my own program," said LeMaster. " I did the interview last week and they contacted me last Friday and we finalized it today."

Preston was an assistant coach last season at Powell County High School and I asked him how that has helped him prepare to be a first time head coach.

"I learned how to manage and be organized and how to deal with fundraising, Preston said. "A lot of things that most people don't know that go in to coaching."

The Warriors play in the 59th district with recent state champion Shelby Valley and Pikeville, another traditional powerhouse, and I asked Preston how tough it would be being a 1st year head coach in such a tough district.

"Being in a district with Shelby valley and Pikeville is big time," said LeMaster. "We will have to be ready to play."

Being a former Kentucky player, one would think the high school players may be in awe of their head coach, but Preston didn't seemed to worried about it.

"I haven't gotten to meet many of players but Ive heard that basketball is big in the mountains, but I don't know if they are old enough to remember me or not."

I look forward to Preston's first season, and I am sure he will be a great asset for East Ridge High School and their community.
http://www.nationofblue.com/preston-lema...e-hs-8811/
Congrats to Preston LeMaster. Best of luck!
Stardust Wrote:Former Kentucky basketball player Preston LeMaster has been named the new basketball coach at East Ridge High School today.

I spoke to Preston today about the new job, and you could definitely hear the excitement in his voice.

"Something I have wanted to do my whole life is to coach basketball and have my own program," said LeMaster. " I did the interview last week and they contacted me last Friday and we finalized it today."

Preston was an assistant coach last season at Powell County High School and I asked him how that has helped him prepare to be a first time head coach.

"I learned how to manage and be organized and how to deal with fundraising, Preston said. "A lot of things that most people don't know that go in to coaching."

The Warriors play in the 59th district with recent state champion Shelby Valley and Pikeville, another traditional powerhouse, and I asked Preston how tough it would be being a 1st year head coach in such a tough district.

"Being in a district with Shelby valley and Pikeville is big time," said LeMaster. "We will have to be ready to play."

Being a former Kentucky player, one would think the high school players may be in awe of their head coach, but Preston didn't seemed to worried about it.

"I haven't gotten to meet many of players but Ive heard that basketball is big in the mountains, but I don't know if they are old enough to remember me or not."

I look forward to Preston's first season, and I am sure he will be a great asset for East Ridge High School and their community.
http://www.nationofblue.com/preston-lema...e-hs-8811/
I mean, I am a loyal PHS Alum--- but "traditional powerhouse". hahaha. Oh well, better to get that kind of press than bad press.
Congrats to my former high school. I hope Coach LeMaster and the young guys there are very successful.
Good hire for ER, but they are still a couple of years away from being able to compete again
Did pitino help him with this job?????
hahahahaha, what is going on at ER? I know for a fact they had some good applicants to choose from! This poor kid was a walk on who never played an was neither a JV nor freshman coach at Powell or anywhere else for that matter.. What do you all look for up there a "fancy name and from down state"? Landon Slone was at least a walk on that got PT why not go after him? It really must be as bad as they say up there!!
StanTheFan Wrote:hahahahaha, what is going on at ER? I know for a fact they had some good applicants to choose from! This poor kid was a walk on who never played an was neither a JV nor freshman coach at Powell or anywhere else for that matter.. What do you all look for up there a "fancy name and from down state"? Landon Slone was at least a walk on that got PT why not go after him? It really must be as bad as they say up there!!

Lol, you sir have made my day worth waking up for. Dunno who this LeMaster guy is, don't really care, but Landon Slone lol. If his coaching career is anything like his playing one, I suspect he'd coach half a season.
StanTheFan Wrote:hahahahaha, what is going on at ER? I know for a fact they had some good applicants to choose from! This poor kid was a walk on who never played an was neither a JV nor freshman coach at Powell or anywhere else for that matter.. What do you all look for up there a "fancy name and from down state"? Landon Slone was at least a walk on that got PT why not go after him? It really must be as bad as they say up there!!

Yes he was at Bourbon Co.
I am a Ridge ball player and am excited for him to come.:1:
Good luck Preston.
Preston was a better player than Landon, and he did have his moments at UK, especially his senior year, he was credited with coming off the bench and sparking UK to the 80-40 rout of Miss St. Played for Tubby, I believe his senior year was 2003-04. 1st team all state out of Bourbon County HS, his father was Jim Lemaster who played for Rupp. I think ERHS was looking for2 things: 1) Young coach eager to prove himself and able to relate to players, and 2) Yes, a little bit of a "name" in UK basketball to pacify some fans and generate some excitement in their community. Add in the fact he seems to be a high-character guy, and it looks like a good hire for ERHS. Wish them luck in every game except against PHS. :biggrin:
Good post PHSForever -- well said. I think he is exactly what ER needs.
^ Agree.
Let's see if he can stay out of trouble at ERHS before the season even starts. He has had problems in the past getting to know the students "too well" if you know what I mean.

I'm not sure where you got your information but Preston LeMaster DID play at UK. He was an assistant coach at Bourbon County for 2 years before he was hired as the JV coach at Powell County, where he had a winning season, might I add. So before you go knocking the newly hired head coach, look up your facts!!
ohhh...and rumors ruin reputations so if you didn't witness it with your own eyes, don't go spreading it on this online source.

As you see I am a PC Pirate fan and Preston LeMaster was greatly respected here and will be missed. He was great coach and was a wonderful person, so maybe YOU should take the time to get to know him.
Mr. Onion Head Wrote:Let's see if he can stay out of trouble at ERHS before the season even starts. He has had problems in the past getting to know the students "too well" if you know what I mean.

No I think that was part of the Job description.. The way I hear it the community kicked on Randy McCoy so the principal had to find another one,, a younger one closer to the kids age. LOL,, Got to admit i am no fan of Randy but at least he had a teaching certificate and coaching experience,, but he may have been to old for the young ladies. They wont stop up there til they get a scandle and basketball is just a win on everyone else's schedule like piarst, riverside, and that hand full of virginia teams everyone padds with. Sad too cause i thought this young group had alot of talent and should have competed for a district championship this year and a region their third season.
Let me get this right.... they had Randy McCoy returning and the community didn't want this? That makes no sense at all... Randy McCoy would have demanded respect... You may not like Randy and believe the rumors but facts are facts... Randy is one of the best coaches to come from Eastern Kentucky.... his players loved him and respected him... One of the best motivators i have seen.

I think East Ridge may regret this move. But thats not for me or you to decide... only TIME will tell.
it wasnt the community that didnt want randy mccoy, it was frank ratliff the school board member that didnt want him. all political.
ibldblue thats makes sense... everything is politics... even your churches have politics in them.. As i said ER may regret this but only TIME will tell
Pages: 1 2