Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Biden collects rent from Secret Service
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First, let me condemn in advance any Republican VP who has charged his Secret Service detail rent for keeping him safe. Please, loyal defenders of all things Obama, feel free to cite examples of Republican presidents or vice presidents who have engaged in the same greedy practice as Biden. I will join you in calling them greedy pigs. Otherwise, what is everybody's opinion on this?

[INDENT]
Quote:Biden collects rent from Secret Service

The U.S. Secret Service does more than protect Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. — the agency also pays him rent.

Since April, Mr. Biden has collected more than $13,000 from the agency charged with protecting him and his family for use of a rental cottage adjacent to the waterfront home he owns in a Wilmington, Del., suburb.

Mr. Biden, listed not as vice president in federal purchasing documents but as a “vendor,” is eligible for up to $66,000 by the time the government contract expires in the fall of 2013, the records show.
[/INDENT]
Here is a photo of Joe Biden's Delaware mansion. As you can see, there is no possible way to fit a few Secret Service agents in to it. Biden obviously had no choice but to rent his cottage to the US taxpayers for $2,200/month.

[Image: 110708-2022-thehomeofvi1.png]
He's making us pay our FAIR SHARE for his personal recreation. After all, we've all gained so much from him in return.
TheRealThing Wrote:He's making us pay our FAIR SHARE for his personal recreation. After all, we've all gained so much from him in return.
I would like to see a photo of Biden's cottage to see what we taxpayers are getting for our money. However, seeing what we are paying for would probably jeopardize national security because it is housing Secret Service agents.
Now this is something that all Americans should be outraged about.
Benchwarmer Wrote:http://www.realchange.org/bushjr.htm#character
little bias in that site?
nky Wrote:little bias in that site?

Oh my bad. I should have known that anything against a republican is considered a biased point of view.

So, which side does the Washington Post support? Conservative?
Hoot Gibson Wrote:First, let me condemn in advance any Republican VP who has charged his Secret Service detail rent for keeping him safe. Please, loyal defenders of all things Obama, feel free to cite examples of Republican presidents or vice presidents who have engaged in the same greedy practice as Biden. I will join you in calling them greedy pigs. Otherwise, what is everybody's opinion on this?

[INDENT][/INDENT]

Don't pass out but I agree, greedy pig.
BillyB Wrote:Now this is something that all Americans should be outraged about.

I'm proud of you BillyB. That is the essence of self governance. Rational folks of all stripes standing up against the self serving, arrogant abuses of those in government that suppose themselves to be privileged. If Americans would only recognize the power and privilege that COULD be brought to bear on the Washington Elite by holding them accountable in the voting booth we would all be better off. Presidents, Senators and Representatives wouldn't dare risk the ire of the electorate. Honesty would again prevail in Hallowed Halls and consequently, our quality of life baseline would go straight up the bar chart.

This is what I have been saying. We voters, that see each other every day out on the job and socially have been divided politically by the politicos that imagine us as sheep to be led and, (shorn each year by the IRS) are equal under the constitution and, one never sees the confict in everyday life. It takes some extemist to incite folks to anger at one another. You look at the contemptable rhetoric that spews out of the mouth of Obama, the fallen Anthony Weiner, DNC Chair Debbie Wasserman-Schultz, Chuck Schumer, et- al. Now honestly, they totally hate republicans and, they've got their base hating republicans. They mock Christians and anything and anybody that would dare to assiciate themselves with the Tea Party. I'm telling you it's BLIND HATRED.

I'm not going to play their game. I'll give the facts and point out lies and injustice to the best of my ability but, I'm not ashamed to admit that I don't hate dems. I just disagree with their policies. When I was in grade school and I got into an argument on the playground I might have gotten into a fight with another little boy about whose dad was the strongest or whether the Boston Red Sox were better than the Yankees, but, as I grew up I learned to respect other folks. I'm saying the war of words though comparable to something as benign as playground antics, can divide a nation when those fighting are adults. Ask veterans of a foriegn war who have stood shoulder to shoulder with their buddies against the enemy in combat and see if they hate democrats or republicans. Stupidest thing I've ever heard. And during my lifetime this mindless mutual destruction is a phenomenum that really just arrived on scene.

In my mind, this hate laced secularism is a product of those who have never paid the price of admission by way of sacrifice militarily or via any other discipline other than the dubious ascention to self imagined Godhood through some ego-stoking run for public office. It's just like the case of the lad who inherits his father's business and fortune. Having gone off to college, returns an educated full fledged party animal, ready to take his place at the helm of the family business. Most of the time, after only a few years, the company lies in ruins and the fortune is wasted. The conventional wisdom for the cause of this oft and old story is attributed to this fact; the father loved and nutured his business his whole life and cared for it diligently, the son, on the other hand, paid no price or discilpine for it and thus, was not particularly driven to sacrifice enough of himself to care for it and, consequently, would not put forth the effort needed to ensure the family company's continued well being. If these guys/gals in the service of the people of the United States had any appreciable integrity and love of country they would never incite the divide that is tearing the American public apart. Most average folks just can't accept that the party of their fathers would lie to them. So, these politicians, being the undisciplined anarchists they are, enflame their base with all manner of accusation and blame against their political foes.

The contempt on dispay in congress surely bears out my observations. I can't get past the reality of the moment. Speaking of the perpetual jousting and character assassination between the dems and the republicans, if members of the Congress of the United States actually did love this country, how could they possibly hate half of government? It really doesn't take a genious to figure this stuff out. In a nutshell: "A HOUSE DIVDIDED AGAINST ITSELF CANNOT STAND" note, quote paraphrased slightly from the King James Version. The wisdom of the ages, sublimely succinct, and, certainly applicable in the purest sense to us in this day.
I have no idea how you got all that from my snarky comment.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Oh my bad. I should have known that anything against a republican is considered a biased point of view.

well when you look at the other skeletons of people they post it's very one sided.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Oh my bad. I should have known that anything against a republican is considered a biased point of view.

just saying I'd those things with a grain of salt as I would with things off of Media Matters, Take Back the Media, Real Climate, Daily Kos, and a whole host of other sites
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Otherwise, what is everybody's opinion on this?

[INDENT][/INDENT]

What is the issue? Is that the Secret Service rents space or that they rent it from Biden? Did this space replace other space that they were renting offsite? Are you questioning whether the Secret Service is paying fair market value?

It seems like this comes up with every President and/or VP. I seem to recall that Bush 41 took some flak for security at his Kennebunkport estate. There was a lot of flak about the Clinton's in NY. I think the Secret Service should protect these people, make reasonable arrangements to do so, then shut up about what they are doing.

To me, it's someone trying to turn a molehill into a mountain.
BillyB Wrote:I have no idea how you got all that from my snarky comment.

I was trying to give you the benifit of the doubt.
Look at it like this, in that moment you may have come the closest you ever will to abandoning the DARK SIDE even though you didn't really do it. :biggrin:
BillyB Wrote:What is the issue? Is that the Secret Service rents space or that they rent it from Biden? Did this space replace other space that they were renting offsite? Are you questioning whether the Secret Service is paying fair market value?

It seems like this comes up with every President and/or VP. I seem to recall that Bush 41 took some flak for security at his Kennebunkport estate. There was a lot of flak about the Clinton's in NY. I think the Secret Service should protect these people, make reasonable arrangements to do so, then shut up about what they are doing.

To me, it's someone trying to turn a molehill into a mountain.
Why would I make an issue of Joe Biden registering as a federal vendor and collecting $2,200/mo. for rent for the use of the Secret Service? Surely, VP Biden would not lease the cottage for an above fair market rate, would he? Sure, Biden had only one previous paying tenant who lived there less than a year, but there is no chance that he would have rented that cottage to a big campaign donor. Surely not. Not Slow Joe.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Why would I make an issue of Joe Biden registering as a federal vendor and collecting $2,200/mo. for rent for the use of the Secret Service? Surely, VP Biden would not lease the cottage for an above fair market rate, would he? Sure, Biden had only one previous paying tenant who lived there less than a year, but there is no chance that he would have rented that cottage to a big campaign donor. Surely not. Not Slow Joe.

Oh, I see. He should probably be impeached.
BillyB Wrote:Oh, I see. He should probably be impeached.
Certainly not - being a lame duck is fine with me. However, Joe has never been known for this honesty or intelligence, so IMO, he has done nothing to earn the benefit of doubt in this case. An independent press would be doing some investigative reporting on this story. Maybe a reputable rag like the the National Enquirer will take the job. They brought down John Edwards while the mainstream media turned a blind eye to that sleazeball.
Civic virtue is a thing of the past.
UKisN1 Wrote:Civic virtue is a thing of the past.
I don't want to paint with too wide of a brush but my brush is plenty wide enough to cover Obama and Biden from head to toe. Both are shady characters on the political landscape.

Real estate deals are a common way to hide corruption. Biden probably complied with the letter of the law but this situation looks a bit slimy to me.
There isnt a soul in this United States government worth protecting.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:There isnt a soul in this United States government worth protecting.

:Thumbs: