Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky-30 vs West Virginia-16
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ky finally gets the win, Pruitt and Hall are the offense weapons and on defense its Machon for KY
Congrats to david jones and the ky team..
Here's a joke for ya!

How many college staff's does it take to beat West Virginia? JUST UPIKE.

Really though WVa didn't stand a chance. David actually recruited players and coached them up, unlike last year with Red at Betsy Layne. Congrats to WVa for not getting shut out. Kentucky, you should feel horrible not beating them by 55+
Ky could have shut them out ,but when it got 24-0 started getting dumb penaltys and quit playing defense like they had all game..
Kentucky finally wins!!
They took it easy after getting up 24-0. Touchdowns came on two JK Hall runs (and also two leaps!), a Cody Parker to Logan Lesterfield TD Pass, and a Jeffree Pruitt carry.
cuppett777 Wrote:Ky could have shut them out ,but when it got 24-0 started getting dumb penaltys and quit playing defense like they had all game..

I stand boldly by my statement when saying they should "feel ashamed of themselves."

I am interesting in the indv. records for all players involved.
I guess WV should feel bad for the last 3or4 years that they won? Really, have you not watched the same game year after year, or was this just your first game that you've seen? WV has had twice the talent than KY has the last several years. Seems like it was'nt even fair with the rosters that KY has had. I suppose that WV didn't have any all-staters this year did they.
Get Ready Wrote:I guess WV should feel bad for the last 3or4 years that they won? Really, have you not watched the same game year after year, or was this just your first game that you've seen? WV has had twice the talent than KY has the last several years. Seems like it was'nt even fair with the rosters that KY has had. I suppose that WV didn't have any all-staters this year did they.

I didn't mention anything about the last several years. I am quiet aware about whats happened in the past, which if you read my posts you would notice I mentioned very heavily on the fact that Kentucky was loaded with College experience. Coaches and future players. I guess West Virginia didn't think they would need to recruit from Charleston or Huntington anymore. If you are going to try and call me out, bring something more relevant to the table.
Just replying man, calm down. I didn't realize that Ky had college experience coachs, did they? I thoght the head coach just took the job(Bell County) and David coached at Belfry last year(only my 2nd year dealing with the KY side). If you think they should be ashamed,their not. If tou think they didn't need to recruit from Charleston and Huntington anymore, I have to say name some players that have played in this game from those cities;because i was on the other side of the river not even two years ago. And, while you want some indv. records for some of the players...heres a couple for you::: Austin Vance--WV state leading scorer and Justin Bradford----second leading scorer in the state, both players are planing on playing for UPIKE this coming year, thats what i here anyways. WV had a very good team, but Coach David Jones did get players that would make this a lot more interesting then the way the coach from Betsy Lane did. Trust me they do not feel horrible:thanks:
I was on staff with Red last year and it was horrible. The kids didnt take it serious, the players missed three days of practice but Red had no other choice. I love the fact that Coach Jones put a higher emphasis on the game and got better talent than Red did. He got talented kids that is going to play college. Congrats KY!
Way to represent EKY.

Also, way to represent Johnson Central, JK and Cody!
Is this some sort of all star game?
The score was 30 to 14. WV missed a two point conversion pass. J.K. Hall from Johnson Central put on a clinic 137 yds total offense 2 td's. John Dudley Hilton and Micah Mahon also had outstanding games. Cody Parker had two nice catches over the middle.
Next year the game will be played at the new Mingo Central football stadium. I know that a few people have asdked about the new stadium. Go to tristatepreps.com ...... Click on the message board . You will find Mingo Central updates ? Click on that and there are some pics on there.
Congrats to the Ky team.
Don't listen to Badman. He is just mad because he is washed up and wasn't invited to play in this game when he was a senior. Give these kids some credit man and quit sounding like an idiot on here because I know your smarter than that. Who cares if UPikes coaches coached the team? They haven't started camp yet up there and at least they had some good coaches.

As for the game, it was actually pretty close until the third quarter. A bunch of fumbles and mental mistakes by WV really put them out of contention. So to say that WV never really had a chance in this one is not a correct statement IMO. Congrats to the KY team on the win and especially to the boys from East Ridge and Phelps who played a dandy game!
Get Ready Wrote:I guess WV should feel bad for the last 3or4 years that they won? Really, have you not watched the same game year after year, or was this just your first game that you've seen? WV has had twice the talent than KY has the last several years. Seems like it was'nt even fair with the rosters that KY has had. I suppose that WV didn't have any all-staters this year did they.

Really?.. The BEST players KY has had over last several years didn't even play in the game, so how can you say that WV had twice the talent. This was the first year in a while that KY's better players even played. The same thing happened when I played in this game (2003), which was the last time KY won til lastnight. There were quite a few players who were originally invited to play that decided not to play, most of the them were defensive players that wold have made our defense ten times better than it was.
tebow Wrote:I was on staff with Red last year and it was horrible. The kids didnt take it serious, the players missed three days of practice but Red had no other choice. I love the fact that Coach Jones put a higher emphasis on the game and got better talent than Red did. He got talented kids that is going to play college. Congrats KY!

:eyeroll:
joethegreek Wrote:The score was 30 to 14. WV missed a two point conversion pass. J.K. Hall from Johnson Central put on a clinic 137 yds total offense 2 td's. John Dudley Hilton and Micah Mahon also had outstanding games. Cody Parker had two nice catches over the middle.

on the score,joe i was going by what i thought you said the score was,lol, my bad..