Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: AAU Football
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i knew there was AAU Basketball,but not football,until today i heard that Texas does it, and that why there so many good recruits and teams there,also heard today they was going to start it here in Arkansas...have any of you ever heard of it before?if so where,and what do you think about it...
Just another way for slimy people to get there hands on high school athletes.
cuppett777 Wrote:i knew there was AAU Basketball,but not football,until today i heard that Texas does it, and that why there so many good recruits and teams there,also heard today they was going to start it here in Arkansas...have any of you ever heard of it before?if so where,and what do you think about it...

I agree with Jackson 05, if you think about everything that goes into it, it's just another way for middle men to possibly cash in on high school athletes. Sure high school kids can be seen by more scouts and college recruiters, but all that football can do more damage to a person in a quicker time span than most other sports. Im not necessarily against it, but I'm not a fan of it.
If something isnt done to control AAU basketball, I can certainly see football going this direction as well. Its garbage...AAU is as corrupt as government!!
i dont think young kids could take beatings all year round. this could take a toll on there bodys.
i think that is stupid so many more chances for permanet injury.
Is Pop Warner football still in KY?
AAU is just 7 on 7 so the beating shouldn't be too great. The exposure isn't any greater that what a great player will get going to a good camp. But the players typically learn a different offense and get coached up by people who don't necessarily teach the best techniques and fundamentals which ends up being counterproductive to the high school teams.
Jackson05 Wrote:AAU is just 7 on 7 so the beating shouldn't be too great. The exposure isn't any greater that what a great player will get going to a good camp. But the players typically learn a different offense and get coached up by people who don't necessarily teach the best techniques and fundamentals which ends up being counterproductive to the high school teams.

Is it a 2 hand touch or what?
Yes.
Texas has Club ball that is not 7 on 7. I was told by a couple of administrators that in 15 years there will be no highschool sports any longer. Travel ball will be the norm for all states. Don't know if I believe it will go that far buy many do. Would hate to see it.
Jackson05 Wrote:AAU is just 7 on 7 so the beating shouldn't be too great.

If its just 7 on 7 passing league stuff then thats ok. Still not a big fan of it, if you're a good football player, colleges will find you
True, but if your out doing AAU football when do you lift and work out with your own team? And I would want someone teaching my players a different offense or other things that could he counter productive to what we do at the high school level. Plus, most of the AAU coaches aren't coaches. They're someone's dad who probably doesn't everyone's best interest at heart. Add in potential recruiting of good players from bad schools and I can't find one single positive to AAU football.