Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Major Snowstorm this Weekend??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
WKYT just said on their 12 o'clock news that the potential is there for a major snowstorm for Eastern and Central KY this weekend...esp. EKY. Could be interesting this weekend...I hope it snows because I am heading to Pikeville tommorrow and my 4-wheeler is ready for a weekend full of riding.
I hope it does as well but after the Belfry game Saturday night.
Batpuff Wrote:I hope it does as well but after the Belfry game Saturday night.

I believe it will be here before Saturday night Bat...WKYT said it will start snowing Friday night and could snow until Sunday afternoon.
:beg:
Each time they predict a big snow it's always a let down...I predict a "dusting" of snow in central and East Kentucky but hope for more..
I expect to turn on the TV early Saturday morning and find the weatherman doubled over laughing and saying "YOU IDIOTS BOUGHT IT AGAIN!!!"
:moon:
It snowed a little here this moring in Pikeville. I think it may come, because all the trees are budding out so it is about time for a good one.
I'm not sure if I want this snow or not. We are heading to Floyd Co. & Pike Co. this weekend and I don't want to get stuck there. If we were staying home, I'd love for it to snow that much!
Of course my vacation is coming to an end and now it snows. But I'll take it.
There will be no snow but i hope me saying this it will snow a foot lol........
None of them get it right much more than 50% but for some reason over the years Accuweather.com seems to get our area of the world more than the rest. Currently for Lawrence County they're calling for 3-6 Friday night, 2-4 Saturday and 1-2 more Saturday night with possible additional on Sunday. If that was to happen we would be getting 6-12 by Saturday evening of a heavy wet snow. Just the kind to play in.

PLEASE LORD let this happen.
The majority of big snowstorms that we see in Eastern and Central KY are storms that develop down by the Gulf and brings Gulf moisture up our way. It looks like this one is coming from the south so the chance is there for a lot of snow esp in Eastern KY. Looks like the cold air will be in place so we won't have to worry about ice or a cold rain keeping the snow totals down. I hope it snows a lot we are way overdue.

A Winter Storm Watch has been inssued for Central and Eastern Kentucky for Friday and Saturday.
Exactly PHS I've been watching them since the late 70's and the big one's usually have the moisture stream start in Texas then tap into the Gulf and head our way. Everything is in place for this to happen. Lets hope. Going to service the 4wheeler in the morning and enjoy my last three days off.
I really honestly don't care about snow anymore, I'd like to have some during the week to get me out of school but on weekends I like to go out and have fun with friends or whatever.
Is it snowing yet? LOL
i really hope it does that would be great
Yes it would.
i'll believe it when i see it
It may actually happen this time. COME on CTD where's your snow spirit?
6-10 inches being forcasted in the Pikeville area and 3-5 inches in the Lexington area.
I'm hoping for at least 4 begging for 8 and praying for 20.
stop it, hope it holds off until Saturday night around 22:00 hrs would be nice.
I'm heading to Pikeville to beat the snow...looks like we are going to get hit pretty hard there. I say there will be no high school basketball games in the mountains this weekend esp. in the Big Sandy Area. Everyone be safe and have fun if it does indeed snow like they say this time.
Bright and sunny here in the city of Pikeville. You can even go out with just a t-shirt on. Sorry, but no snow...
I agree PHSFAN all be careful and enjoy.
Of all the times I dont want snow we will probably get a darn foot of it.,
I hope.
It can snow all it wants after 22:00 hrs saturday, I hate when it does this crap, I hope it snow a 4 foot now.
I hope it snows a foot!
I can't wait!
Pages: 1 2 3 4