Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Worst. Call. Ever.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Jerry Meals should never be allowed to ever enter a baseball stadium for as long as he lives. This was a blatant example of a lazy piece of crap umpire wanting to end the night and go to the house. I wish him a long and hungry unemployment, and a Christmas with no presents under the tree. Jerry Meals, you are truly the worst, and I emphasize WORST excuse for a sports figure EVER. For those wanting to argue, theres no argument. He didnt miss the tag, it wasnt even close. There was no "questionable" call to make. This wasnt a blown call. This was a man that got tired of working, and this was his way to the dinner table.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Jerry Meals should never be allowed to ever enter a baseball stadium for as long as he lives. This was a blatant example of a lazy piece of crap umpire wanting to end the night and go to the house. I wish him a long and hungry unemployment, and a Christmas with no presents under the tree. Jerry Meals, you are truly the worst, and I emphasize WORST excuse for a sports figure EVER. For those wanting to argue, theres no argument. He didnt miss the tag, it wasnt even close. There was no "questionable" call to make. This wasnt a blown call. This was a man that got tired of working, and this was his way to the dinner table.

ah boys....
Man, I agree worst call I've ever seen. WOW. terrible.
That ump just wanted to go home.

AWFUL call!!!
I was reffing a gradeschool basketball game once that was a double-digit lead with a couple of minutes to go.
I started letting stuff go and it got really bad.....REALLY quick lol

That was the last time I ever did that....
zaga_fan Wrote:I was reffing a gradeschool basketball game once that was a double-digit lead with a couple of minutes to go.
I started letting stuff go and it got really bad.....REALLY quick lol

That was the last time I ever did that....

I think I've heard this story lol..
^It was bad.
I didn't think I would live to see the next day.
Plays like this is why Instant Replay is needed in baseball...

Terrible.
I never saw a clip that actually showed the tag being made.

Every angle that I saw looked like the catcher missed the tag.
Couldn't have happened to a better team
@Full Count- Well, you have about two people on the planet that wont argue with you. They both wear Braves jerseys.
@nky- I'd hate 'em too if my team had three times the talent, but was 2-7 against them.
The Braves announcer ever said that was one of the worst calls he's ever seen in his life.
MisterPerfect Wrote:The Braves announcer ever said that was one of the worst calls he's ever seen in his life.

I can't think of any worse ones at the moment lol
Especially in the 19th inning and it granting the other team a walk-off win....
i personally think it is hard to tell as well with the video angles that i have seen. did he hit him on the leg? my thought is yes, but that being said, i dont see the glove or lugo's pant leg deflect like you would expect if they made contact. after it goes past the leg it never touches anything else.

i would like to see what lugo says when he is asked directly. its not like they can take away the win. what does he have to lose.
Heres a pretty good picture of the tag..

of about the 10 videos i have seen of the play that is the first i have seen of that direction. it does appear that the glove is deflecting. this is just one of those reasons you shouldnt do the ole glove swipe and keep it down on the tag.
Well, McKenry was using the swipe tag so he could get a throw off to first and at least attempt to get a double play out of it..
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Jerry Meals should never be allowed to ever enter a baseball stadium for as long as he lives. This was a blatant example of a lazy piece of crap umpire wanting to end the night and go to the house. I wish him a long and hungry unemployment, and a Christmas with no presents under the tree. Jerry Meals, you are truly the worst, and I emphasize WORST excuse for a sports figure EVER. For those wanting to argue, theres no argument. He didnt miss the tag, it wasnt even close. There was no "questionable" call to make. This wasnt a blown call. This was a man that got tired of working, and this was his way to the dinner table.

That was highway robbery early this am.
good lord that dude is a mile away from home and the tag is applied to him and he's safe??? Looks like that Ump is blind
MisterPerfect Wrote:That ump just wanted to go home.

AWFUL call!!!

thats exactly how I felt when I was watching the game, seems like he just wanted to be home.

The call was horrible, but I dont think that call is what lost the game for the pirates, they had numerous chances to score and couldnt.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:@Full Count- Well, you have about two people on the planet that wont argue with you. They both wear Braves jerseys.
@nky- I'd hate 'em too if my team had three times the talent, but was 2-7 against them.
yup that once in a generation winning this is great huh?
nky Wrote:yup that once in a generation winning this is great huh?

lol...that was mean. Crossing you off of my Christmas card list. Sad
TidesHoss32 Wrote:lol...that was mean. Crossing you off of my Christmas card list. Sad
by the way I like Pittsburgh. I'm there a few times a year even went to college in Western PA:biggrin:
This was a horrible call also. BUT, at least Mr. Joyce had enough dignity to admit he was wrong and tearfully apologized.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/recap?gid=300602106
OffTheHook Wrote:This was a horrible call also. BUT, at least Mr. Joyce had enough dignity to admit he was wrong and tearfully apologized.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/recap?gid=300602106

To late now.
The Joyce blown call was a terrible call. But that call forever made me a fan of Armando Galarraga. That was one of the most heartwarming stories in all of sports. Joyce blew the call, and was pretty much damned to hell by everybody in Detroit, and it was almost like Galarraga was reassuring him that it was okay with every handshake and hug afterwards. I hate that Galarraga had his perfect game taken away from him, but anyone that doesnt respect him after the way he handled that needs to have their sports license revoked, lol..It wasnt all bad though, he got a new Corvette from GM the next day Big Grin