Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central 2011/12
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What do the Golden Eagles need to do to improve from last year's 20-7 Team that made it to the Regional Tournament?

Nov 29, 11 Prestonsburg home 7:30 PM
Dec 1, 11 Bath County home 7:30 PM
Dec 3, 11 South Floyd away 7:30 PM
Dec 6, 11 Magoffin County home 7:30 PM
Dec 7, 11 Betsy Layne away 7:30 PM
Dec 13, 11 Perry County Central home 7:30 PM
Dec 16, 11 Sheldon Clark away 7:30 PM
Dec 19, 11 TBA at Raceland Derby Classic
Dec 20, 11 TBA at Raceland Derby Classic
Dec 21, 11 TBA at Raceland Derby Classic
Dec 22, 11 TBA at Raceland Derby Classic
Dec 27, 11 TBA at Wise, VA Alpha Classic
Dec 28, 11 TBA at Wise, VA Alpha Classic
Dec 29, 11 TBA at Wise, VA Alpha Classic
Jan 5, 12 Betsy Layne home 7:30 PM
Jan 7, 12 Belfry away 7:30 PM
Jan 10, 12 Lawrence County away 7:30 PM
Jan 13, 12 Prestonsburg away 7:30 PM
Jan 17, 12 Paintsville home 7:30 PM
Jan 21, 12 Lawrence County home 7:30 PM
Jan 24, 12 Pikeville home 7:30 PM
Jan 27, 12 Sheldon Clark home 7:30 PM
Jan 30, 12 Shelby Valley away 7:30 PM
Feb 2, 12 Magoffin County away 7:30 PM
Feb 4, 12 TBA at Riverside Christian Riverside Prep Showcase
Feb 7, 12 Pike County Central home 7:30 PM
Feb 10, 12 Paintsville away 7:30 PM
Feb 17, 12 East Ridge away 7:30 PM
They should be in the race for the district title I know that much. They probably lose to much to win the region but who knows.
They will be my pick for number 2 in the region. Right behind Betsy Lane.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:They will be my pick for number 2 in the region. Right behind Betsy Lane.

After losing 4/5 starters?
They should be the best team in the region AGAIN!!!!!! They have a espn super60 forward and 2 freshman that could make a world of difference at the varsity level. Not sure what happen to them last yr but they were by far the most talented team. Sure hope Hall gets to play in a state tourney b4 he leaves.....I think he has earned it!!!
team will be good but losing 4 starters its gonna be tough but with shane anything is possible
Hall is good, but he ain't good enough to win Region by himself.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:After losing 4/5 starters?

Yep! I think that they simply have the ample amount of talent to keep them towards the top of the region year in and year out!!!
JC's talent has been wasted for a few years.
i heard that hall is espn ranked now. maybe he can do it by himself

Unregistered

well they still have shane hall who is a ranked player in the nation for his age and matt gallahger who played a lot of minutes last year and braxton blair who may be young but very good ball handling and has a deadly touch when he shoots i think they will be fine int the end

Johnson Central is such a big school that even after losing 4 starters, they can just plug in 4 new talented athletes in their place.

Not saying they'll win region, because they have struggled in that situation in recent years. But they'll always be a contender.

Unregistered

EYESPYJC Wrote:JC's talent has been wasted for a few years.

yep. ever since johnny ray turner left, right?

and i think they'll be way better without three of those four starters. between cody parker and wade skaggs (and his dad) and jk hall there just were not enough basketballs to go around. maybe they can actually have some kind of team concept this year. bratton was the only one who thought team first.
Johnson Central will be very good, but I think that they are a year away from regional title. Very young. But Shelby Valley surprised everyone last year in the region and had a lot of youth as well. As far as the regular season, I expect ups and downs. Come 15th region tourney time- JCHS, Shelby Valley, Sheldon Clark, and Betsy Layne all have a shot and there is probably someone that I'm leaving out as I've not seen a lot of the Pike County schools.
Central will be young, but the talent is there to win it this year! Just if we can bring it all together.
I think that they will be much Improved without Skaggs and his dad. Seems like they created a lot of trouble and issues within the team.
Johnson from SC will eat hall up. JC and Pville will be playing in the district to see who plays SC for the district title.
Johnson Central will be tough, they have Hall and an outstanding freshman class. This Region is a 4 team race. Johnson Central, East Ridge, Shelby Valley, and Betsy Layne. In no particular order. On a side note, I can't wait to see the match-up between Hall and Kosongo of East Ridge!
SC best team in region. Wait and see.
I seen JC in a Black and Gold Scrimmage a week or so ago and they were very very impressive. Might be the most athletic team I have seen at JC in a very long time. I expect big things this year from this group, they were unselfish and meshed very well... It was also very nice to see Coach McKenzie running the show on the sidelines. Assistants were coaching but it was very obvious this was McKenzies team... I'm very excited for the team this year.
Went to Eagle Madness last night and was impressed with the athletic ability of the Eagles. They dressed 18 and had 1 sick and 1 hurt. As far as I know, the Varsity has not been set yet. The players were:

SENIORS
B.J. Blackburn
Chad Collins
Matt Gallagher

JUNIORS
Taylor Damron

SOPHMORES
Jacob Barber
Tyler Compton
Brent Gooding
Shane Hall
Braxton Hensley
Nick McKenzie
Slade McPeek
Trevor Sherman

FRESHMEN
Dalton Adkins
Braxton Blair
Harrison Burchett
Kyle Gullett
Bradley Hall
Tristen Salyer
Truman Salyer
Clarke Sexton

16 of the 20 are freshmen and sophmores. They will grow a lot as the season develops. After watching them last night, I think they will be fun to watch. Played unselfish and played aggressive defense.
THOMCAT Wrote:Went to Eagle Madness last night and was impressed with the athletic ability of the Eagles. They dressed 18 and had 1 sick and 1 hurt. As far as I know, the Varsity has not been set yet. The players were:

SENIORS
B.J. Blackburn
Chad Collins
Matt Gallagher

JUNIORS
Taylor Damron

SOPHMORES
Jacob Barber
Tyler Compton
Brent Gooding
Shane Hall
Braxton Hensley
Nick McKenzie
Slade McPeek
Trevor Sherman

FRESHMEN
Dalton Adkins
Braxton Blair
Harrison Burchett
Kyle Gullett
Bradley Hall
Tristen Salyer
Truman Salyer
Clarke Sexton

16 of the 20 are freshmen and sophmores. They will grow a lot as the season develops. After watching them last night, I think they will be fun to watch. Played unselfish and played aggressive defense.

What happened to the Senior & Junior class? Only 4-upperclassmen looks as if JC's year will be 2013
How did JC do last night against Raceland ?
ozzy72666 Wrote:How did JC do last night against Raceland ?

Won by about 30.
When that sophomore bunch get up there they have a legit shot at state.
If Central's team is anything like they have been the last 5 years the one thing that needs to be changed is their attitudes about themselves, their coaches, and their teammates. Too much individualism the past few years. Not saying this team is like that, but I have noticed that the last few years. Good luck this season Eagles.
fairweatherfan Wrote:Won by about 30.

Raceland did not start 3 starters in the scrimmage and started 2 seniors, 1 junior and 2 freshmen. The next 5 to go in was 4 freshmen and a sophomore. Not complaining at all, JC hustled and played well, Raceland has had their football boys for one week of practice, Caudill started in the paint after 1 week of floor time along with 4 of the 5 second rotation. I think Raceland will give them a better game next time, dont know the outcome, but feel that it could be closer...
Hall is a good player but I'm not sold on his supporting cast. Losing Parker will be huge for this team. A lot of teams were forced to key on him last year, which more times than not would open up a way for Hall in the post. Now he will without a doubt be the focal point of opposing defenses, I'm curious to see 1. how he handles the defensive pressure and 2. who will rise up to the occasion and knock down open jumpers that will come with what will likely be nearly constant double teams on Mr. Hall.