Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Oldest Dog You've Ever Owned?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just figured I'd ask this to help ease my mind a little bit. My Siberian Husky of 18 years (born in 1993) just passed away overnight. 18 years is a long time for a dog to live. So what's the oldest dog you've ever owned?
Sorry to hear that man.

My Terrier is 8 and still kicking.
I had a chihuaha that was 16-17 years old.
Just passed last year around Christmas.

She had multiple surgeries, had been hit by a car, and still lived 5-6 more years after that incident.

I have another chihuaha that is probably 4 years old - has had 3 litters of pups and has almost died everytime she has been prego. In chihuahs they get a calcium deficiency where their body is being dried up of the calcium. Thankfully she has survived.
BCF4L Wrote:Just figured I'd ask this to help ease my mind a little bit. My Siberian Husky of 18 years (born in 1993) just passed away overnight. 18 years is a long time for a dog to live. So what's the oldest dog you've ever owned?

Man. I hate to hear that. That is a long time for an animal. How long does those type of dogs normally live? Those are beautiful dogs BTW.
I had a miniature collie for 15 years, and he died on Valentines Day '99. In March of that year, I got another miniature collie and he lived for over 12 years until he died in May of this year..sorry to hear about your dog, bro. 18 years is amazing though..
My grandparents had a poodle that lived to be 19. But yes, 18 is a heck of a long time. Sorry to hear about this.
The oldest dog I owned was a German Shephard/Golden Retriever mix. She passed away when I was 10 in October of 97. She was a very smart dog. It is unsure how long she lived, we guessed 12 - 15 years. My parents got her well before I was born.

From having experience working at an Animal Clinic in college, 18 years is a very, very long life for a dog. Sorry to hear about the loss.
Tailback44 Wrote:Man. I hate to hear that. That is a long time for an animal. How long does those type of dogs normally live? Those are beautiful dogs BTW.
The average life expectancy for a Siberian Husky is between 12-15 years old.
My puppy's mom was a cockapoo and her dad was a Blue Heeler- she was born in 99 while I was in I.C.U., so she's almost 12, and she's still alive and hyper.

Sorry to hear that because I'd shut down if she ever died.