Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: How is Letcher Central Looking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know how the kids are looking so far. Are there good numbers out, are they big, small, fast or slow? Who are some of the key players?
From what I hear the numbers are back over 50 and things are looking good in 7 on 7's so I think hopes are high in Cougar Country right now. The team has decent size up front with Blair, Moore, Stanley, Fields, Stewart, Johnson, Smith (when he get's healthy) and a few more hog's up front to go with them. Speed is pretty good with Bentley, Tyree and Taylor in the back field and they have more than enough people for Logan to throw the ball to. I hear the new D-Coordinator is working their butts off and things are looking better than they ever have on that side of the ball. I for one can't wait to get the 7 on 7's over with and start hearing some pads popping up on the hill.
Good to hear........:Thumbs:
It is good to hear the defensive cordinator is making them work. Any one person quickly showing to be defensive captain?
It's amazing to watch this group of kids. There's a whole different attitude so far. I heard Coach Whitaker telling them after practice last week that he has seen more leadership than he ever saw at any point in the season last year. You can credit the players, coaches or whoever you want but thus far, this group of cougars seems focused!
Sounds like the boys this year are being treated better and shown some respect. Glad to hear it and hope the season continues to go well.
I have heard some good things from David Duke. Is he going to be Logan's backup?
After all the discontent shown on this thread it is good to hear that things seem to be going well for the kids at LCC. Good luck guy's I hope your season goes well.
Let's keep this thread as positive as we can. Go Cougars!
I am also glad to see things posted in a more positive light. It is to early to figure out who will be captains I think pride but several of the seniors can be seen starting to take a leadership role. Logan is throwing the ball well from the little I have seen. Lineman look mean and strong, ( I believe I would look very strongly at putting Cory Niece at one of the guards though), this would make them quick as well. he is about 6'3" and probably 240 to 250 pounds. Defense is looking good from what little I have seen them. Going to be on the small side except for the line, hope they are quick.. Good luck Cougars.
I wish them the best of luck this season. It has been stated that the players really like the new coach.
does anybody know when meet the Cougars is?
That is a start.
I was meaning to say the new defensive coach.
What can you tell us about him Orange?
What does the new schedule look like. really looking forward to this year.:flame:
The schedule will help us, but we do play some tough teams this year.
I grew up just over the state line from Letcher county. Good to hear things are looking up there.
Team is actually looking pretty good for this early in the season. Offensive line looks much better than I thought it would. Big and strong, they look like a hungry bunch with some young kids pushing the upper kids looking for playing time. real impressed with how the Stanley and Johnson kids are looking on the line.
Offensive line was looking like a big plus. Injuries may hurt them due to lack of depth though. Heard through the grapevine that Blair is down again with his knee, Stanley is having knee problems, and the big Johnson kid has fractured his wrist. The Adams kid is still to even suit up. Hope they all get well soon because I really believe this team will surprise a lot of people...
I meant Smith, not Adams...
Is it 100% true that Dalton Sizemore left the program to go to williamsburg?
I dont know why him and his family would have chosen to go to Wburg unless they just wanted to move back to the area and in that case Wburg might have been the only place for him after the way he left Corbin in grade school and Whitley after middle school. However, he wont start at Wburg, there QB is pretty good and has the starting role for the next couple of years i would think so im not sure on the move.
Wish him the best. I heard good things about David Duke. What can you guys tell us about him?
David Duke quit football and school, he ran off down to central ky some where. the football teams leadership is 100% better than it was last year. I have been at practice several times and seen the seniors leading. The coaching staff has got this bunch in shape, I dont ever think i have seen LCC FOOTBALL run as much as they do, keep up the good work boys and stay healthy and you will be fine this year.
Let me clarify on the Blair kid....He did in fact feel a pop in his knee, trainer(therapist) thinks it is probably scar tissue. He was advised to sit out a couple of days to rest the knee, a new brace was ordered for safety's sake. He should return next week, i hope 100%, he states that it does feel better.
They need to keep Blair healthy so if a few days off for the knee's sake is needed then by all means MAKE him take a few days off. In my opinion Blair and Big Sid are the anchors of that offensive line and without those two it would not be good. Both of them are coming off knee surgeries and are healed up pretty well but let's nurse them along if at all possible and have the 100% when they go down to EKU for the opener.
Really Hoping that Letcher Central has a Great year. One of the best places for foootball in the state.
Is there opening game away?????
yes
Good Luck Cougars. I haven't got to see much since I graduated in 09, but now that I am laid off I will.