Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Jon Hood out for season with a torn ACL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Jon Hood suffered an ACL injury playing in a pick up game on Monday night. He is expected to miss the entire season and redshirt.

I actually see this in the best light possible for this young man's future at UK. It could actually be a blessing for him as well as Stacy Poole. Jon Hood and Stacy Poole were going to be going against each other for playing time next season as the depth chart ended right around ONE of their spots. With this injury Jon Hood will no longer be an option for the depth at that spot. Leaving the minutes that were to be split with Hood and Poole to be taken by Stacy. He will flourish the more playing time that he gets and the more time he is out working around with the higher caliber players. So this can be a positive for Stacy.

Now for Jon this could actually help him significantly in the long run, as he can now focus on not competing for minutes from Poole but focus on getting stronger, taking care of his knee and listening each day to what coach Cal wants from him. One more year of instruction under Cal, one more year to develop his body as he is rehabbing the ACL injury and extended minutes in the end. Everyone knows that Jon Hood was not going to be a major factor this year and everyone was hoping that he "could" be for his 4th year but who knows.... Now he can not worry about those minutes and concentrate on simply getting stronger and working his way back on to the court where in his last two year he could be a big factor.

Hoodie is a strong kid and he will push through it. I know it is devastating for him to be going through this but he will come back and make the state proud. Go Big Blue and go Jon!
Well said.
:Thumbs: Very Well said!!!!
I agree with LWC. Great way of putting it.
Thank you guys. I was afraid that people may take it in a negative light on Hoodie but I really think he can ultimately benefit greatly from this in the end. Of course it is horrible right now. Can't wait to see him cheering the team on from the sidelines like the biggest fan in the world.
I really hated to hear this and I mean no disrespect at all but atleast is wasn't Anthony Davis or one of those guys
Dang, really stinks for the guy.

Could they give him a extra year of eligibility?
He should get a med redshirt, correct?
Hate to see a guy get hurt, but I like Poole.....
I believe he can get red-shirted which would also benefit the team.
However, as King360 said - no disrespect intended - Just glad it wasn't Davis, Teague, or Ghilchrist.. OR DARIUS MILLER :Thumbs:
well said,hope he has right attitude about the injury,attitude is everything..
Cal released a statement today that he think that it is going to be benefitical for Hood to have that extra year of strengthening and training under him.
good luck to jon hood in the long run.