Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pick Em Contest?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bluegrass Rivals has had a pick em for the last 5 or 6 years, that I can remember. I know some of the staff have parted ways but will there be a pick em this season. I sure hope so, that was one of the reasons I joined the site. A tough challenge to win for sure.

BRING BACK THE PICK"EM BGR! THIS IS MY YEAR!
Tailback44 Wrote:Bluegrass Rivals has had a pick em for the last 5 or 6 years, that I can remember. I know some of the staff have parted ways but will there be a pick em this season. I sure hope so, that was one of the reasons I joined the site. A tough challenge to win for sure.

BRING BACK THE PICK"EM BGR! THIS IS MY YEAR!

:Thumbs:
If they do it, they better do it right. We dont need any of those "Simon-Kenton vs Ryle" games. DO YOU GET ME MORECOWBELL?
Real Badman Wrote:If they do it, they better do it right. We dont need any of those "Simon-Kenton vs Ryle" games. DO YOU GET ME MORECOWBELL?

LOL :thatsfunn

Man, you cracked me up with that one. I agree man, I want to see more games in the eastern part. It seem like they were only one or two from this part of there last season.
Guys, I know I have run the thing (or at least helped run it) the past couple of years, but I don't know if I'm going to be able to this year. I don't think people realize the amount of time it takes up each week to tally up everyone's points and add them into the overall standings. Not to mention the time required to scan through all that week's games across the state, trying to pick out contests that are the best matchups while also spreading the games around to cover all parts of the state.

The kids are getting older and more involved in stuff, and I just don't know if I have the time personally to devote to it. BlackcatAlum was the one who helped me with it last year, and he's not here anymore.
I just PM'd you MC. I can help with it but you'll have to explain it how you and BCA ran it
Real Badman Wrote:If they do it, they better do it right. We dont need any of those "Simon-Kenton vs Ryle" games. DO YOU GET ME MORECOWBELL?

I will say though, that this is an interesting comment. It's kinda funny, because I thought the contest had been run very well the past couple years. We had lots of members participate from all areas of the state, and everyone seemed to enjoy it.

I can tell you this much, though. If Simon Kenton and Ryle are both top-25 teams in the state, then you can bet that I would definitely include them as one of my 11 games for that week. If a matchup of state powers doesn't grab your interest, then what will? A stirring battle between a couple of bad mountain teams with 2-7 records? Sorry, that's not going to happen, at least not if I'm running the thing.

I can say with full confidence that I always put a fair share of Eastern KY games on the contest, usually 3-4 each week. Out of 11 games total, that's a pretty good proportion. Wouldn't you agree that it's not very fair to the BGR members in the rest of the state if I ignored any game taking place west of I-75 or north of I-64?

Oh well, I probably won't run it this year anyway. If you don't like the way I did it, maybe you can find someone to do it who will load up the weekly slate with all EKY games, and see how well the members from other parts of the state take to it.
I have helped run the contest for a couple of years and as MC said its time consuming adding the scores up every week,,I dont mind to help with the contest this year but if we could get a 1 0r 2 more people to help add the scores up and get them posted it would be alot easier,,I know when i picked the games for the contest i tried to put 5 or 6 games from the eastern part of the state and scatter the rest of the games out...If anyone is interested in helping with the contest just send me a PM and we will see if we can work it out....