Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Techncals make me sick!!!!!!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I absolutely believe with every ounce of my being that a player who cannot stop getting technicals is a danger to their team. I think it's ok for coaches to get technicals in certain situations in order to spark up their teams momentum, still it's risky business, because it can hurt you more than help in most instances. I don't believe a player has any excuse for getting a technical foul other than self defense. There is no excuse for a player to get one other than that......period. It's not fair to the kids who are working their butts off and playing the game with CLASS and RESPECT. A lot of kids nowdays think getting a T or getting ejected is cool because of NBA guys like Rasheed Wallace or Ron Artest, in reality it's just plain stupid. It's bad sportsmanship and should be punished severly. A player who can't control there emotions on the court is detremental to their team. I simply see no place for it....Call me old fashioned, old school, whatever. I would simply not tolerate it, by letting a player keep getting T's you're only hurting them by allowing them to believe it's ok, and you're hurting the reputation of the team and the kids that play hard and act right. TALENT ONLY EXCUSES SO MUCH!!! I would rather lose with class and dignity than win with idiots and thugs.

:ref2:
"tubthumper" Wrote:I absolutely believe with every ounce of my being that a player who cannot stop getting technicals is a danger to their team. I think it's ok for coaches to get technicals in certain situations in order to spark up their teams momentum, still it's risky business, because it can hurt you more than help in most instances. I don't believe a player has any excuse for getting a technical foul other than self defense. There is no excuse for a player to get one other than that......period. It's not fair to the kids who are working their butts off and playing the game with CLASS and RESPECT. A lot of kids nowdays think getting a T or getting ejected is cool because of NBA guys like Rasheed Wallace or Ron Artest, in reality it's just plain stupid. It's bad sportsmanship and should be punished severly. A player who can't control there emotions on the court is detremental to their team. I simply see no place for it....Call me old fashioned, old school, whatever. I would simply not tolerate it, by letting a player keep getting T's you're only hurting them by allowing them to believe it's ok, and you're hurting the reputation of the team and the kids that play hard and act right. TALENT ONLY EXCUSES SO MUCH!!! I would rather lose with class and dignity than win with idiots and thugs.

Great post!!:thumb:
or you could REALLY have some fun and get the best of both worlds, you would watch Loserville and Cincinnatti LOSE with idiots and thugs.:Thumbs:
"tubthumper" Wrote:I absolutely believe with every ounce of my being that a player who cannot stop getting technicals is a danger to their team. I think it's ok for coaches to get technicals in certain situations in order to spark up their teams momentum, still it's risky business, because it can hurt you more than help in most instances. I don't believe a player has any excuse for getting a technical foul other than self defense. There is no excuse for a player to get one other than that......period. It's not fair to the kids who are working their butts off and playing the game with CLASS and RESPECT. A lot of kids nowdays think getting a T or getting ejected is cool because of NBA guys like Rasheed Wallace or Ron Artest, in reality it's just plain stupid. It's bad sportsmanship and should be punished severly. A player who can't control there emotions on the court is detremental to their team. I simply see no place for it....Call me old fashioned, old school, whatever. I would simply not tolerate it, by letting a player keep getting T's you're only hurting them by allowing them to believe it's ok, and you're hurting the reputation of the team and the kids that play hard and act right. TALENT ONLY EXCUSES SO MUCH!!! I would rather lose with class and dignity than win with idiots and thugs.

Well said. :thumb:

"Let a player keep getting T's" and you do nothing about it...Hard to correct what has been going wrong for too long...It's too late to change them now.
I agree. There should be a certain standard that student-athletes are held to. They are role models in their community.
I agree but I also think that these coachs should be role models to the players. There are several coaches who use terrible language and call the refs terrible things and only gets warnings. In a girls game a couple of weeks ago the coach was warned several times and actually got a techinal but did that stop him? No!!He continued cussing the refs and should have been sent home but was he? NO!! They continued telling him to sit down but as usual nothing else was done. These coaches should think about the language they use because not everyone enjoys hearing it.!!!!

"WOW" Wrote:I agree. There should be a certain standard that student-athletes are held to. They are role models in their community.

I totally agree.. Give your team and yourself some respect and dignity on the ball court.. It's the officials call, even though you may not like it, keep your mouth shut!! Don't be a cry baby!:baby:
Great thread

AWESOME POST TUBTHUMPER:theman:
Big Blue:

You are absolutely right. Unfortunately ref's have difference tolerance levels. What might get you tossed by one ref-- might be overlooked by another. I know of one football coach who had to be restrained by parents and assistant coaches- he was going across the field after the ref. He was yelling obscenities the entire time. For some unknow reason the ref didn't have him removed from the game. He made the coach leave the sideline, so he coached via cell phone from the opposite side of the field. The situation was really out of sorts- the police were called- but said they could not remove the coach unless the ref wanted him removed. He coached the rest of the game on the phone across the field from his team and assitants.
So who is this about?
no one its just about technicals in general but most of the time the players get mad because they don't get a call that they thought they would then they express themselves to the refs which depending on what you say to the refs will get you a T
i would say it is about all players and coaches that get t's not one person..... I HOPE.
this post isnt about one specific person

If you're "old fashioned" tubthumper, then I guess I'm a little "out of date" too! LOL. Excellent post. Players getting T'd up only hurts the team. Too many of them can result in a suspension of games, and that will cause an uneasiness in the locker room. I totally agree, TT!!!
Great post. And I agree 100%
I agree a player who gets a lot of Technical fouls is a danger to their team. The best thing to do is let the score board do the talking for you. :wenumber1
couldnt have said it better camera
Better get that boy in check or SF will have an early exit
I think sometimes a ref will get carried away with the T's. Sometimes a player will disagree with a call, it seems like if any word is said either to themselfs or another teammate, or even if they make a face they get T'ed up for it. Refs should know that they will miss a call or two, might make a call they shouldnt have because they are human and make mistakes. Shouldnt the same go for the player involved? I do think if a call is made or not made and the player starts cussing or anything then yes, T them up. If no cursing or ball slamming on the court, they should have a little thicker skin and not T up over a face or a comment.
"BasketBallonlyfan" Wrote:I think sometimes a ref will get carried away with the T's. Sometimes a player will disagree with a call, it seems like if any word is said either to themselfs or another teammate, or even if they make a face they get T'ed up for it. Refs should know that they will miss a call or two, might make a call they shouldnt have because they are human and make mistakes. Shouldnt the same go for the player involved? I do think if a call is made or not made and the player starts cussing or anything then yes, T them up. If no cursing or ball slamming on the court, they should have a little thicker skin and not T up over a face or a comment.

I agree!!!!!!!
i agree
"HomeGrown" Wrote:Better get that boy in check or SF will have an early exit

I Was Just Wandering Which "Boy" You Were Referring To.