Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville's Burgy-Vanhoose
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pikeville feels that they have the best kicker in the country in senior Zack Burgy-Vanhoose.
The Panther faithful arent the only ones that feel that way. Prokicker.com, a website which ranks the top kickers in the nation recently released their rankings for the 2012 class and Burgy-Vanhoose ranked as the top kicker in the nation.
Prokicker.com is part of the Ray Guy Kicking Academy. The Ray Guy kicking camps are considered the top camps in the nation for kickers. Last year, Burgy-Vanhoose ranked sixth place in the nation.
Burgy-Vanhoose attended the Ray Guy Camp and performed quite well. He checked in with the top average kick-off distance, averaging 71.25 yards per kick, up six yards from last season.
His FG accuracy was 90% in his camp performance.
He made 9 of 10 missing a 45 yarder, but he made two from 50 yards.
Congrats Zack & good luck on the season.
Was coming to post. Everybody remember that this ranking is of this camp and not every kicker in America attends this camp. Nonetheless, it is a great accomplishment for Zack and this will surely help his exposure. I'll post his video later when I am on a computer.
Hopefully he lands at a good BCS school.
Huge accomplishment and very well deserving.
The kid definately has talent. He's probably the best I've seen in the mountains or anywhere else for that matter since Dustin Wynn from Middlesboro back in the mid 90's. Can't wait to get over to Pikeville in week-0 to see him kick off the season. I guarantee the ball won't be brought out of the endzone. Harlan will start their season 1st and 10 from the 20. Good luck to ZBV this season. I hope our game doesn't come down to a 50 yarder with time running out. I'd be happy with that from any other team in the state but not Pikeville.What a weapon to have.
This kid is unrreal, does anyone know of any college information, does he have any interest at all ?
[YOUTUBE="Zack Burgy-Vanhoose 2010"]PU-qkZMZuW8[/YOUTUBE]
The Iceboxx Wrote:This kid is unrreal, does anyone know of any college information, does he have any interest at all ?
There are several D-I schools with interest. UK being one of them.