Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Backstage Heat On Randy Orton
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Randy Orton garnered a lot of heat from both talent and company officials regarding alarming comments he made two weeks ago during an interview with Phoenix, Arizona based rock station 98KUPD. “The Viper” candidly discussed his past drug abuse, knocked the actresses who have portrayed his wife on television, claimed The Rock needs a teleprompter to cut his promos and besmirched Divas Champion Kelly Kelly.

One WWE source noted that if a mid-level wrestler uttered a quarter of the startling remarks Orton made, he would be due for an “MVP/Carlito like career burial.” However, Orton is able to get away without facing repercussions because he’s considered one of the company’s “big three golden boys.”

His comments regarding Kelly garnered a unanimously negative reaction. While she has been romantically linked to numerous wrestlers, many feel he shouldn’t have made it public since it goes against the wholesome image WWE portrays her and other female performers. Many people also consider Kelly a genuinely nice person and didn’t deserve to be singled out as promiscuous.

Spured on by the show hosts, Orton implied that he could name ten wrestlers who have slept with Kelly. He later issued a formal apology to her via Twitter.
WOW! That's not going to make him any friends. Could be very true, but wont earn him any fans.

I also had to laugh about the wholesome image thing though, lol.
^ I'm expecting Orton to make a heel turn again. With what we are seeing with CM Punk, they have to get more players with serious heat!
Could be. They have an awful lot of heels and very few main-event faces.
Look, Kelly Kelly is hot. Plain and simple lol.
Youd be stupid if she was offering and didnt take a night on the town with her.
Maybe the best looking diva of all time.
LWC Wrote:Could be. They have an awful lot of heels and very few main-event faces.

You don't want many faces.
You want enough to get it done. They have 2 legitimate main-event faces, Rey Jr. & Cena.

Orton does okay but he gets a lot of nothing from many fans, and that is a bad sign.

They have quite a few mid-card faces: Kofi, Bourne, Riley, etc....
Cena
Orton
Kofi
Morrison (will be back in the next 2 weeks)
Rey
HHH (will be back next PPV)
Big Show
My point exactly, you named 7. 2 are injured right now, drops it to 5. RIGHT NOW, Morrison and Kofi are not main eventers (can be, I really like Morrison) drops it to 3.

This has to be the worst time in the last 30 years for faces. Cena is even starting to get really mixed reactions. I think if CM Punk sticks around and is used correctly, he could be a very "good" heel.

One thing I am sure we agree on is that the "worse" the heel, the "better" the face. It is hard to develop a great face without a really bad heel.

Remember in Hogan's days you had Sgt. Slaughter, Iron Sheik, Macho Man (when he went heel), Roddy Piper, etc...

Maybe Punk, Del Rio, etc... can bring the faces the pop they need but it needs to happen fast, lol.
Yeah I'm not a huge fan of Randy's.
^Me either, but this is pretty funny.
Stardust Wrote:^ I'm expecting Orton to make a heel turn again. With what we are seeing with CM Punk, they have to get more players with serious heat!

I like RKO better as a heel than a face.
^ I don't like Orton period, which I guess in the world of Wrestling would make him a heel! I think he goes for cheap heat and really does not work hard at the "rassling" side of the business.