Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: South Warren 2011
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What do the Spartans need to do to be successful in 2011? I believe that this is there First year fielding a Football Program

Aug 20, 11 Warren East at Western Kentucky University 5:00 PM Rafferty's Bowl
Aug 26, 11 Logan County away 7:00 PM
Sep 2, 11 Allen County-Scottsville home 7:00 PM
Sep 9, 11 Russellville away 7:00 PM
Sep 16, 11 Edmonson County home 7:00 PM
Sep 23, 11 Caverna home 7:00 PM
Oct 6, 11 Monroe County away 7:00 PM
Oct 14, 11 Hart County away 7:00 PM
Oct 21, 11 Adair County home 7:00 PM
Oct 28, 11 Todd County Central home 7:00 PM
HOw are we not playing Bowling Green, Warren Central, or Greenwood???
Almost any program in its first year will struggle. It will be a learning experience for the team. I hope they can compete and do well. I see win chances against Caverna and Adair. Best of luck.
5 Star Elite Wrote:HOw are we not playing Bowling Green, Warren Central, or Greenwood???

Of the three, Greenwood is the only one that would make the slightest bit of sense, and that's just because of the split. South Warren would not be competitive with any of those three in the next few years, especially Bowling Green and Warren Central.

A lot of the way they've approached South Warren's football is to avoid the mistakes they made when opening Greenwood. One was to not jump straight into varsity, even though that was partially forced by the scheduling difficulties. One of the others was not to play teams they are at significant competitive disadvantage with just because they're close. Warren Central outscored Greenwood 187-14 in the first four years after Greenwood opened. Bowling Green outscored them 162-7.
The Spartans will also probably beat Todd County.... That makes sense about playing Bowling Green and Central.