Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Franklin-Simpson 2011
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What do the Wildcats need to do to improve from last year's 7-5 Team that made the playoffs?

Aug 19, 11 Monroe County away 7:00 PM
Aug 26, 11 Warren Central away 7:00 PM
Sep 2, 11 West Creek, TN home 7:00 PM
Sep 9, 11 Greenwood away 7:00 PM
Sep 16, 11 Caldwell County away 7:00 PM
Sep 23, 11 Russellville home 7:00 PM
Sep 30, 11 Warren East home 7:00 PM
Oct 14, 11 Breckinridge County away 7:00 PM
Oct 21, 11 Allen County-Scottsville home 7:00 PM
Oct 28, 11 Apollo home 7:00 PM
Looks like they have dropped Bowling Green from their schedule. That will take away one loss.
I think FS will go 5-5 or 6-4 during the regular season. The Wickwares will be a duo to watch. Both players are very fast and are on the verge of breaking a long run at any moment. I don't think they will beat Warren Central, Greenwood, Apollo, or ACS. I don't know anything about West Creek and Monroe might be a game as well.

The schedule they have put together is pretty tough. It should prepare them for the playoffs but they will still need to get past Lone Oak in the "Graveyard" if they want to make it out of the region.

Rumor on another site is that there may be trouble in the Graveyard this year. If it is true you can count on District 2 winning the region.
I think you underestimate Franklin-Simpson a little. I certainly don't see them losing to Apollo. That scenario simply doesn't exist. I have pretty significant doubts that they would lose to Greenwood either. Their biggest threat in the district will be ACS, which should be a great game, but the Pats are an unknown quantity until we see some games. Chances are if you can name a player that started last year, he graduated. Seth Peay will be ACS's anchor, but they have a lot of fresh faces from a team that enjoyed stability for three years.
I think Franklin Simpson will be a legit contender to play in the state finals this year. The Wickware boys are fun to watch.