Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best point guard ever from your school
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I havent seen a hole lot of basketball but I know the best point guards to come outof sheldon clark are Shane Stafford a cople years ago and the Crum kid they have now. both of these kids are pure shooters and can play some ball. they could get scholarships to big schools if there coach woulda helped them.
"Super-Card" Wrote:I havent seen a hole lot of basketball but I know the best point guards to come outof sheldon clark are Shane Stafford a cople years ago and the Crum kid they have now. both of these kids are pure shooters and can play some ball. they could get scholarships to big schools if there coach woulda helped them.

You and I may not agree on many things, but both of these kids were pretty good ones from SC. Scottie Davis was one of the best latley. Clayton Wells deserves mentioning as well as Brad Tiller, but he played the 2nd guard spot more than the one.
From Paintsville, I would have to say..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Philip Boatwright!!!
Micheal Hall from South Floyd
I agree with Michael Hall from SF, Ryan Johnson right behind him.
Michael Hall From South Floyd
i didnt think that south floyd ever had a point guard i just thought it was whoever got it shot it....i know thats how it was when ryan shannon played!

but i would have to say best point guard i have seen maybe john mims pikeville was really good and from elkhorn bj ratliff and u have to put seth kiser in there from shelby valley
Mike hall for sf without a doubt....
Without a doubt I think that Jaryd Crum is the best from S.C. this year. That boy has talent!!!!!!!!!:champ:
Well, since East Ridge hasnt been a school for long:

Aaron Branham
Tommy McKenzie JC
Atleast thats who I've seen...If anyone else has someone different please tell me
Carl Wallace- Hazard
Michael Hall-SF
I agree with you CC, aaron branham is the best that ER has had so far.
MIke Hall
true
[QUOTE="Big_Ben#7"]Atleast thats who I've seen...If anyone else has someone different please tell me[/QUOTE} I attended Lawrence and JC but from what I can gather Howard Wallen Jr,Terry Branham,Les Trimble and Tommy Mckenzie would be the JC picks. I think Tommy and Les have regional titles to their credit.
[/QUOTE] attended Lawrence and JC but from what I can gather Howard Wallen Jr,Terry Branham,Les Trimble and Tommy Mckenzie would be the JC picks. I think Tommy and Les have regional titles to their credit.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the info
"Super-Card" Wrote:I havent seen a hole lot of basketball but I know the best point guards to come outof sheldon clark are Shane Stafford a cople years ago and the Crum kid they have now. both of these kids are pure shooters and can play some ball. they could get scholarships to big schools if there coach woulda helped them.

Before Spud's career is over @ SC I think he'll definately establish himself as the best to ever come from Sheldon Clark. Daniel Cornette was limited physically but his toughness, heart and headiness made him very effective running the show. Clayton Wells was a physical specimen as well as Tiller but they weren't really PG's. Scott Davis was very good but he left his senior year and was more of a 2 as well. Stafford was very gifted but injuries really hampered him. The 83 Region title team had a couple of very good gds in Greg Preece and Jon Jon Kirk not sure which of those 2 played the point too young. I did play w/them after they graduated and out of all these guys I think Kirk was the best.
Spud has all the tools necessary to dominate a game from the point. He can flat out shoot the ball as good as anyone I've ever seen up to 20ft including Ervin Stepp, he just hasn't done it in official games yet, but he will. He can handle as good or better than anyone I've played with or against. He has lightning speed and quickness and a good knowledge for the game. Plus the kid has a passion for the game and strives to be the best which can't be taught and has to come from within. What he lacks is size(doesn't need it), strength(will work to get it), toughness(scared to take a charge, which he better get it) and cockiness( to realize he can't be guarded). He shows flashes of brilliance at times and has really played well of late and is getting his teammates open looks by driving,drawing and dishing which he wasn't doing early in the season. He's a terrific young player and freaking outstanding kid who'll only get better, I look forward to watching him play and beat my like a drum at 1on1 for atleast the next 6 years.:thumb:
John Kirk from Sheldon Clark. Tough player.
I am bold enough to say Justin Hicks. Just wait until you see what he's going to do next year!
mike hall from sf....when did he graduate? there was a hall kid like three years ago that was something special.....he was a hall...i cant remember if that was him or not...now...what about shannon hoskins from clay county and carl wallace from hazard
"Larry Bird" Wrote:mike hall from sf....when did he graduate? there was a hall kid like three years ago that was something special.....he was a hall...i cant remember if that was him or not...now...what about shannon hoskins from clay county and carl wallace from hazard

2003....I would say you're thinking about Michael Hall, SF's all-time scoring and assist leader....
mike hall, then ryan johnson-sf
No question...Pikeville High School..Mark Myers.
Jeremy Hall is one of the best, if not the best, to come from Allen Central. He played in the NCAA Tournament with Wisconsin after he graduated. Thomas Jenkins (not sure if he was a PG) was a very fine player as well.
Matt Ratliff From Paintsille He Had A Very Big Part In Winning The State Title
Shawn Hager from Belfry
Jared Hager...close second.
Jimmy Bevins
Denny May
Chris Smith
same here
Pages: 1 2