Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Robinson Cano 2011 Homerun Derby Champ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Robinson Cano put on a good show....

Had his father pitching to him, that's pretty cool.
Cano did put on a show. The team the AL put together who would have thought it would be Cano winning this and setting a record.

Congrats Robinson.
I was so glad he won when I seen he say ''that ones for you mom.'' Great HR Derby!
That was awesome!!!

That would be any Dad's dream come true right there!
That final round was probably the best final in the history of the Home Run Derby.
OK, I have to admit, this is the first HR Derby that I caught in probably 5 years. I saw Gonzalez full round before switching the channel. I caught the last few swings of Cano's first round and then that was all I saw. Looks like the fans were having a great time.
Stardust Wrote:OK, I have to admit, this is the first HR Derby that I caught in probably 5 years. I saw Gonzalez full round before switching the channel. I caught the last few swings of Cano's first round and then that was all I saw. Looks like the fans were having a great time.

Yeah my first one in like 3 years... I watched the full derby....

Fans had a lot of fun with Prince Fielder.... Fielder and Weeks got a lot of Boo's!!!!!

The swing off with (Ortiz, Fielder, and Holliday) was pretty good.
This was the first one that I had watched in several years as well. I thought it was great with Ortiz, Holiday, and Fielder in the swing off! The Final was even more impressive because Gonzalez tied the record for the most HRs in the Final Round and Cano set the new record in order to beat Gonzalez! The fact that Robinson Cano's father was the one pitching to him, made it even more special!!
ekff Wrote:Fans had a lot of fun with Prince Fielder.... Fielder and Weeks got a lot of Boo's!!!!!

There was a reason behind that...

Prince shunned Justin Upton from joining the NL team.

TBH, I don't blame them...he would have been a better choice than Weeks.
J-Rod Wrote:There was a reason behind that...

Prince shunned Justin Upton from joining the NL team.

TBH, I don't blame them...he would have been a better choice than Weeks.

Yeah, I knew that was the reason, and I agree that Upton would have been better then Weeks..