Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Uk will sport lebron james apparel for basketball
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I myself am highly opposed to this. We are not linked to what LeBron stands for.
Check ESPN for the story.
???? "What Lebron stands for" What does that mean?????
^I'm with Dust. What do you mean?
I don't mind the logo of one brand, and I understand that it is through Nike, but it is his logos on the clothes. His character of a man who during the finals when the Magic and the Lakers were playing the finals, kept trying to pull the attention toward himself away from the finals. Someone, like who other players like magic Johnson said, they wouldn't go call other players and say let's go down to miami and we will be the best. You just don't do that. When they did they became despised. People say LeBron will be better than Jordan, well he better learn how to contribute to the fourth quarter. If they would have made more use of Bosh they may of won. Lebron is a selfish player, with a me, me,
attitude. I don't wan't his logo on my teams clothes. That's my reasons, and that is all i have to care about.
^What does any of that have to do with UK going LBJ with their uni's?
Are you being serious????

Hmm - so the "John Wall" dance was not self advertisement???? You don't think John Wall would have branded his own clothing if he could? So that seems to fit the UK mantra!

You say he is all about Me, Me, Me! - One and Done Basketball players are all about "Me, Me, Me". One and Done players is ALL about UK right now!

And the most laughable argument that I have heard ever sense the "Big Three" got together is this notion that players should not recruit each other to go and play on the same team! Hmm, is that not College Sports??? Is that not what John Wall did last year? So pro players should not get with another player and say "Lets play together and win a championship", yet every day that is EXACTLY what is done in the college game!
I'm not a fan of LBJ personally, but this does nothing but help us even more in recruiting. When you talk about NBA basketball, there are two really high profile names out there, Kobe and LeBron. Whether adults like what LBJ did to Cleveland and whatnot is one thing, but kids don't care about that. LBJ is a rockstar and to have him associated with our program only helps us in my opinion.
Well u take it however u like it, but when a guy basically tells people to go back to their small measly lives and I will still wake up tomorrow with all my millions and my glorious life. Well you know where he can go! :devilflam
Recruiting in college is different, kids who have been on AAU teams and have been friends and are being recruited by the same colleges, or played at the same schools is different. These were 3 of the top players in the country. Well if there is nothing wrong with this, there will be other stars looking at other teams with good support teams and then LET the games begin!!!!!!! The John Wall dance is the most stupid move, it isn't a dance, it's a move, Although for some reason it took off like lightening.
I'm sorry, but I see no difference in college players wanting to to play together and create a dynasty versus Pro players wanting to play together and creating a dynasty! Creating dynasty's in pro sports was never in the players control due to the choke-hold that owners had. Now that has changed. This is absolutely no different than in college and I completely support NBA players wanting to do this.
I'm with Dust and BC4L on this one. I don't see nothing wrong with him being on our clothing. He's a HUGE name and a global icon.
mrsportsfan Wrote:I don't mind the logo of one brand, and I understand that it is through Nike, but it is his logos on the clothes. His character of a man who during the finals when the Magic and the Lakers were playing the finals, kept trying to pull the attention toward himself away from the finals. Someone, like who other players like magic Johnson said, they wouldn't go call other players and say let's go down to miami and we will be the best. You just don't do that. When they did they became despised. People say LeBron will be better than Jordan, well he better learn how to contribute to the fourth quarter. If they would have made more use of Bosh they may of won. Lebron is a selfish player, with a me, me,
attitude. I don't wan't his logo on my teams clothes. That's my reasons, and that is all i have to care about.

BCF4L Wrote:I'm not a fan of LBJ personally, but this does nothing but help us even more in recruiting. When you talk about NBA basketball, there are two really high profile names out there, Kobe and LeBron. Whether adults like what LBJ did to Cleveland and whatnot is one thing, but kids don't care about that. LBJ is a rockstar and to have him associated with our program only helps us in my opinion.

mrsportsfan Wrote:Well u take it however u like it, but when a guy basically tells people to go back to their small measly lives and I will still wake up tomorrow with all my millions and my glorious life. Well you know where he can go! :devilflam

Agree with all the above.
Stardust Wrote:Are you being serious????

Hmm - so the "John Wall" dance was not self advertisement???? You don't think John Wall would have branded his own clothing if he could? So that seems to fit the UK mantra!

You say he is all about Me, Me, Me! - One and Done Basketball players are all about "Me, Me, Me". One and Done players is ALL about UK right now!

And the most laughable argument that I have heard ever sense the "Big Three" got together is this notion that players should not recruit each other to go and play on the same team! Hmm, is that not College Sports??? Is that not what John Wall did last year? So pro players should not get with another player and say "Lets play together and win a championship", yet every day that is EXACTLY what is done in the college game!
Check Mate
mrsportsfan Wrote:Well u take it however u like it, but when a guy basically tells people to go back to their small measly lives and I will still wake up tomorrow with all my millions and my glorious life. Well you know where he can go! :devilflam
Lol and you've never said a bad word about the guy?

If people are gonna hate on him, why can he not hate on them?
I'm pretty sure the only thing LBJ brand Kentucky is getting is shoes. I googled the shoes and they look sharp. LeBron is also sponsoring Ohio St(LeBrons probably getting a tattoo out of it) and The University of Miami(FL).
BCF4L Wrote:I'm not a fan of LBJ personally, but this does nothing but help us even more in recruiting. When you talk about NBA basketball, there are two really high profile names out there, Kobe and LeBron. Whether adults like what LBJ did to Cleveland and whatnot is one thing, but kids don't care about that. LBJ is a rockstar and to have him associated with our program only helps us in my opinion.

Nailed it!! Lebron is the posterchild for what these kids aspire to be... All this does is help recruiting!
KSR had a post today saying UK will have "two different, speacial uniforms" this season.
One is a Nike thing and the other is a throwback type.