Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Prestonsburg @ Perry Co. Central 8/19
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who takes the season opener?

I'm taking the Commodores.

Perry Central-28
Prestonsburg-20
I'm gonna be a homer and say Perry by 2 tds.
A little early but...Blackcats make a late drive to win and get the 2pt conv.

Prestonsburg-30
Perry Central-28
Very good game to watch in week 1. I shall be in attendance unless my work shift gets changed. But This is going to be a very competive game.
Perry Central wins this game by 2 tds. Coach Haddix will begin the "2011" season with a win.
I'll take the Blackcats..

Prestonsburg - 21
PCC - 14
I think that these teams are similar in that they pass more than they rush. I think they both defend the pass about the same . So,I think it is going to come down to which line can protect their QB the best and give him the time he needs to get the job done. Niether team defended the run that well last season and it may come down to a Rankin/Jamerson showdown. If that happens i will give the edge to Perry Central. But more than likely it's going to be who puts up the most points in the air. In that case I give the edge to Prestonsburg because they have the more vetran line returning. Prestonsburg has just about everyone returning from a team that put up three scores on Breathitt when Perry only scored one,if you can use the Breathitt game as a guage. I'm going to predict a high scoring affair with Prestonsburg coming out on top 48-41.It could really go either way,but,either way it's gonna be a dog fight. I'd like to see this one,but we will have our hands full with Pikeville. Good luck to both teams and may the better team win!
The best i can recall the last 2 times we played Perry Central won at home 21-20 & P'Burg won at home 21-20. Should be a great game to watch.
P'Burg's line should be flat awesome this year. They also have several weapons at skill positions other than Jamerson. With that being said i'm gonna take my Blackcats 28-20 in one heck of a game.
Most, if not all, teams will double up on Jamerson this year leaving others with one on one coverage which in most cases they will take advantage of. If Crisp learns to not look his receiver down this year (which i'm sure will be worked on) we could be very dangerous.
I don't know what th score will be but i'm going with P-BURG in this one.
Prestonsburg will wimn something like 28-6
P-Burg big
Dragonsdad Wrote:I think that these teams are similar in that they pass more than they rush. I think they both defend the pass about the same . So,I think it is going to come down to which line can protect their QB the best and give him the time he needs to get the job done. Niether team defended the run that well last season and it may come down to a Rankin/Jamerson showdown. If that happens i will give the edge to Perry Central. But more than likely it's going to be who puts up the most points in the air. In that case I give the edge to Prestonsburg because they have the more vetran line returning. Prestonsburg has just about everyone returning from a team that put up three scores on Breathitt when Perry only scored one,if you can use the Breathitt game as a guage. I'm going to predict a high scoring affair with Prestonsburg coming out on top 48-41.It could really go either way,but,either way it's gonna be a dog fight. I'd like to see this one,but we will have our hands full with Pikeville. Good luck to both teams and may the better team win!

perry beat breathitt 27-7 last year and they return every single player that scored that game. they didnt lose any contributing offensive skill players. return their startin qb, top 3 rbs, and top 3 wrs. but only return 2 starting offensive linemen.
Pcc 24-21
You are right about that WC. I got my stats wrong on that one. Good eye,but I'll still go with Prestonsburg in this years game.