Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Somerset 2011
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Aug 19, 11 West Jessamine 8:00 PM
Aug 26, 11 Pulaski County home 8:30 PM Ray Correll Bowl
Sep 9, 11 Hazard away 7:30 PM
Sep 16, 11 Breathitt County away 7:30 PM
Sep 23, 11 Glasgow home 7:00 PM
Sep 30, 11 Whitley County away 7:30 PM
Oct 14, 11 Lexington Christian away 7:30 PM
Oct 21, 11 Middlesboro home 7:30 PM
Oct 28, 11 Perry County Central away 7:30 PM

Somerset is playing a much tougher schedule than what they had last year and I think this will give the needed test during the regular season that they needed last year to win the championship. Should be an interesting season, I can't wait!!

What are everyone's thoughts??
I see an 9-1, 8-2 or 7-3 team. with loses to Hazard, LCA and possibly PCC.

Good Luck to the Jumpers
I do believe that Somerset will equal the talent in district if not exceed. Best case is 10-0, worst is 8-2.
Strikeout King Wrote:I see an 9-1, 8-2 or 7-3 team. with loses to Hazard, LCA and possibly PCC.

Good Luck to the Jumpers

I'm most worried about Breathitt and Glasgow. Glasgow had a solid team last year and has the speed to match the Jumpers. Breathitt is definitely going to be coming out fired up for that game considering the Jumpers sent them packing the last two seasons. All of these games are going to be fun this season though, definitely can't be any looking ahead to next week this season.
RoShamBo Wrote:I'm most worried about Breathitt and Glasgow. Glasgow had a solid team last year and has the speed to match the Jumpers. Breathitt is definitely going to be coming out fired up for that game considering the Jumpers sent them packing the last two seasons. All of these games are going to be fun this season though, definitely can't be any looking ahead to next week this season.

I know nothing of Glasgow, that's why I had you all beating them
I thought Somerset was in Danville's district?
^ They are. How come Danville/Somerset aren't playing but yet there in the same district? District 7 2A
Strikeout King Wrote:^ They are. How come Danville/Somerset aren't playing but yet there in the same district? District 7 2A

They are, October 7th IIRC. That schedule is missing a game.
RoShamBo Wrote:I'm most worried about Breathitt and Glasgow. Glasgow had a solid team last year and has the speed to match the Jumpers. Breathitt is definitely going to be coming out fired up for that game considering the Jumpers sent them packing the last two seasons. All of these games are going to be fun this season though, definitely can't be any looking ahead to next week this season.

Yeah, the Briar Jumpers will be tested week in and week out, nothing like the past two seasons. I think this will really help get them ready for the playoffs!
Coach Lucas showing how he schedules now that he get's to make it.

Every game the last two years were under contract before he took over.

Jumpers return a ton of really good athletes, just got to get them plugged in and ready to go.
I think it is great that they are playing tougher teams. I believe they can win more games and show everyone these kids and coaches are good at what they do.
My son has been gone to Governor's Scholars for the last 4 1/2 weeks so I've not heard much from the Somerset camp. How are they looking at practice so far? Any suprises? I heard that Devin Griffith has transferred back from Southwestern, he should be a nice addition.
Yep, that is true about Devin Griffith.