Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Does Yogi Have Issues With Belfry?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
During the season, the Miners will face many potential rivals, including Class AAA Logan and in-county game against Tug Valley. But, Kinder said he can see a future rivalry against their foes across the Tug at Belfry High School.

“By putting these four schools together, we are going to have a good football team,” Kinder said. “Now we can compete with them (Pirates) year in and year out. There was several times at Matewan I thought we could have beaten them. And there’s several times we probably couldn’t have played with them; couldn’t have been on the dag-gone field with them. These kids want to play and I’m sure those kids want to play. That could be the game that could make our football team. We could run our football program off of one of those gates.”

Read more: The Williamson Daily News - No one wants to win more than Yogi Kinder, just by those comments i say he does,i hope they get to play,will be a good rival..
Is yogi the head coach?
tebow Wrote:Is yogi the head coach?

yes he is..
I hope the Pirates DO NOT play the Miners until they get a respectable coach.
When yogi is the coach I cant take the other team serious.
What happened to yogi's assistant that coached matewan last year when he had health issues?

He was the man!
I look for the Miners to put some football teams on the field in a few years. Don't think they will be capable of playing with Belfry for atleast 3 years. That would be one good rival though.
WildDawg Wrote:I look for the Miners to put some football teams on the field in a few years. Don't think they will be capable of playing with Belfry for atleast 3 years. That would be one good rival though.

that may take place of Pikeville,be closer and probally in a few years be better competion,year in and year out
[/LIST]
The Miners have John Fry and Melvin Cunningham witch is great two very good guys but unfortunately they still have Yogi witch shouldn't be around high school kids boys or young girls he is a peace of work. Morals are the first thing a coach needs and this is something he doesn't have so this is a bad hire for Mingo County.
I got a feeling with the teams he'll eventually have you'll have plenty to hate on..
I cant wait to hear ya then. Roll Miners
they should play johnson central close for both teams be good gate for sides
First off, Pirate could you send me a pm on why he is such a bad guy.

A lot of people say that.

Also I know Yogi had problem with the park rangers, because he loves picnic baskets!!!!lol
tebow Wrote:First off, Pirate could you send me a pm on why he is such a bad guy.

A lot of people say that.

Also I know Yogi had problem with the park rangers, because he loves picnic baskets!!!!lol

Well i don't thank i have to go into some of the things he's got into but i'm sure you all ready know.
I believe in a couple of season Mingo Central could compete with some of the better teams from EKY
The Iceboxx Wrote:I believe in a couple of season Mingo Central could compete with some of the better teams from EKY

They already can. Matewan was probably better than Belfry last year.
jetpilot Wrote:They already can. Matewan was probably better than Belfry last year.

Jesus...Pikeville's program must really be in shambles if Matewan was 5-6TD's better than them Confusedhh:
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Jesus...Pikeville's program must really be in shambles if Matewan was 5-6TD's better than them Confusedhh:

Belfry fans never seem to outgrow having Pikeville on their mind every single day of their lives.
As to the thread topic, I was in Prestonsburg the night Matewan had Prestonsburg beat and Prestonsburg came back and pulled out a miracle win in OT...the same Prestonsburg who handled Belfry with the greatest of ease...
jetpilot Wrote:Belfry fans never seem to outgrow having Pikeville on their mind every single day of their lives.
As to the thread topic, I was in Prestonsburg the night Matewan had Prestonsburg beat and Prestonsburg came back and pulled out a miracle win in OT...the same Prestonsburg who handled Belfry with the greatest of ease...
...in Week 0

I guess the feeling is mutual what with a Pikeville fan coming into a thread about Belfry and all... :biggrin:

Missed seeing ya around here jetpilot. The new rule changes on the site should make it more enjoyable for you once the Betsy Layne or Pike Central fans try to get you riled up like always.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:...in Week 0

I guess the feeling is mutual what with a Pikeville fan coming into a thread about Belfry and all... :biggrin:

Missed seeing ya around here jetpilot. The new rule changes on the site should make it more enjoyable for you once the Betsy Layne or Pike Central fans try to get you riled up like always.

I guess I better read the new rules. Until I can say what I really want to I have to leave it at RED is absolutely the appropriate color for Belfry.

On a serious note, if Mingo Central can keep all their good football players on their side of the river Belfry would never beat Mingo Central in football.
jetpilot Wrote:I guess I better read the new rules. Until I can say what I really want to I have to leave it at RED is absolutely the appropriate color for Belfry.

On a serious note, if Mingo Central can keep all their good football players on their side of the river Belfry would never beat Mingo Central in football.
Fitting.."Maroon" is perfect for Pikeville as well. Since their hopes of ever competing on the state level have been abandoned and forgotten years ago much like a castaway at sea.

:biggrin:

Take care man..glad you're back though really.
EKUAlum05;1212512[B Wrote:]...in Week 0[/B]I guess the feeling is mutual what with a Pikeville fan coming into a thread about Belfry and all... :biggrin:

When will some of you Belfry fans understand it is also week 0 for P'burg.
Not to mention on your home field. Take your whippin & go home.:ChairHit::redboxer::please:
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Fitting.."Maroon" is perfect for Pikeville as well. Since their hopes of ever competing on the state level have been abandoned and forgotten years ago much like a castaway at sea.

Take care man..glad you're back though really.

You know I'm just messin' with ya haha...

In all seriousness, my only real point is that IMO Mingo Central will be pretty darn good right off the bat. I was in Prestonsburg when they played Matewan and no way should Prestonsburg have won. I think Mingo Central and Belfry could have a huuuuge rivalry in football if the adults care to make it happen.
Regardless, we all know how weak WV football is overall and I expect Mingo Central to make noise over there from day one...

You take care too and if I can get enough points maybe we can wager a little something on Belfry-Pikeville...:devilflam
jetpilot Wrote::biggrin:

You know I'm just messin' with ya haha...

In all seriousness, my only real point is that IMO Mingo Central will be pretty darn good right off the bat. I was in Prestonsburg when they played Matewan and no way should Prestonsburg have won. I think Mingo Central and Belfry could have a huuuuge rivalry in football if the adults care to make it happen.
Regardless, we all know how weak WV football is overall and I expect Mingo Central to make noise over there from day one...

You take care too and if I can get enough points maybe we can wager a little something on Belfry-Pikeville...:devilflam
Depends on how many TD's do I have to give you? :eyeroll:
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Depends on how many TD's do I have to give you? :eyeroll:

I'll let you know after I see how many "new faces" are on the Belfry roster.:biggrin:
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:When will some of you Belfry fans understand it is also week 0 for P'burg.
Not to mention on your home field. Take your whippin & go home.:ChairHit::redboxer::please:

I thank you need to remember that it is week o and there was alot of teams that could have beat us then but it was a different team when the playoffs started we took our whippin and went on futher than you all did and Mingo Cental will be all right this year they will be better this year than next and in about 3 or years is when they will start being good every year i been around those kids this is not Matewan last year but would have loved to played them or you all at the end of the season.
all Yogi had to do is drive over or call coach Haywood,i am sure he could have fit them in,probally could have left Pikeville off,since hasnt been close but once in what 8-9 yrs..
What, really??? No one from Mingo Co. has ever transferred to Pikeville???

Shut the front door!!!!

jetpilot.....I bet at least 5 more straight years on Belfry over Pikeville...got any sack to ya??
Hey Boondock, I do not know about the history of Mingo players to Pikeville, but I do know the history of the 1989 Logan County, West Virginia transfer, who single-handedly led the Panthers to their 3rd straight state championship...And even better, the team that ended the Panthers streak, even with former Logan Wildcat Steve Bailey on the team, the Belfry Pirates. Now, for the actual thread. I think Mingo Central and Belfry will one day be a rivalry, and possibly a good one. Just the intensity of the matchup alone would be worth watching. As far as week 0 and alll the hogwash. Trophies are not handed out in August. For Belfry it is usually in late November or early December. The philosophy of the Belfry program is basically we are gonna make sure we can line up correctly in week zero, and by week 12-15 we are gonna line up and dare you to stop us. Seems that is has worked pretty well like that over the years at Pond Creek, and for 4 out of the last 8 years, the Pirates have had a week 15 or 16 to their schedule. How many teams can say that?
bucslover68 Wrote:Hey Boondock, I do not know about the history of Mingo players to Pikeville, but I do know the history of the 1989 Logan County, West Virginia transfer, who single-handedly led the Panthers to their 3rd straight state championship...And even better, the team that ended the Panthers streak, even with former Logan Wildcat Steve Bailey on the team, the Belfry Pirates. Now, for the actual thread. I think Mingo Central and Belfry will one day be a rivalry, and possibly a good one. Just the intensity of the matchup alone would be worth watching. As far as week 0 and alll the hogwash. Trophies are not handed out in August. For Belfry it is usually in late November or early December. The philosophy of the Belfry program is basically we are gonna make sure we can line up correctly in week zero, and by week 12-15 we are gonna line up and dare you to stop us. Seems that is has worked pretty well like that over the years at Pond Creek, and for 4 out of the last 8 years, the Pirates have had a week 15 or 16 to their schedule. How many teams can say that?

since 2003, they have only missed the final four or championship game once,i belive..
HAHA Easy guys..me and jetpilot were just having some friendly trash talk and banter... give him a pass on this one.
Pages: 1 2