Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Sprint Cup Racing in KY
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who will either be in attendance or watching the big-boys race at the Kentucky Speedway?
Watched it and was disgusted. I dis-like Kyle Busch!
That areas roadways are not set-up for the kind of traffic..I saw an interview earlier where the people said a 2 hour drive more than tripled trying to get in..I knows some guys down in that area and they said traffic is hours and hours trying to get out..
20,000 people didnt even make it to the track because of traffic problems. But at least they were spared from watching the most boring race in the history of NASCAR. Another cookie cutter, ten lane wide mile and a halfer that involves little to no racing. These tracks are absolutely ridiculous. NASCAR would be better off without Chicagoland, Kansas, Vegas, and Kentucky. Bring back the tracks like Rockingham and North Wilkesboro. Races that people actually want to see, instead of these races where everybody finishes where they start. You can have Kentucky Speedway as far as Im concerned. Its tracks like these thats causing the downfall of NASCAR. These cookie cutter mile and a halfer tracks have zero appeal, zero excitement and zero character, and theres zero excuses for the series to put people through the misery of watching races at them. Shorten them to a half mile, 3/4 mile or cut the stupid lanes in half. Tracks like Charlotte and Darlington (1.4 miles) are mile and a halfers done right.
I guess I don't feel bad that I did not watch a minute of this
It wasn't the interstate that was the problem It was the speedway. They really messed up moving cars into their lot. Bruton Smith is diverting the issue from him and blaming the state. Add to that the fools who thought they could leave a few hours before the race and get there on time. A race of this type is an all day event not a pop in and pop out event like a baseball game at Great American Ballpark. Leave early, stay late, plan for it and have fun that's NASCAR
Father in law went and set in traffic for 5 1/2 hours to get to the race, while being able to see the track the entire time, and spent 2 hours in traffic to get back out.

Poor planning IMO. Also said there where almost NO Police on the way in directing traffic. Bad case of GRID LOCK.
anyone seen aerial pics of the parking lots after thre green flag?
Got there on wednesday and camped in the infield. My advice, go down early and leave on Sunday and stay in the infield
me too