Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who wins 4A District 6 (Rock,Knox,Clay,Russell Co)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
According to Cats Pause:
Knox Central
Rockcastle County
Russell County
Clay County

What say you? Who will be district MVP? etc....
Knox is pretty tough! One of the best games last year vs. JC.
It should be interesting. Knox and Rock will decide 1st and 2nd. But who knows? That is why they play the games. For knox Jeffery Canady would be the front runner for MVP. Knox should have a well rounded team.
I'd say with a returning QB in Barger and of course the Canady boy along with several very good linemen including Diamond on the team, Knox will be the team to beat in this district. Clay and Russell Counties will be no pushover with Russell returning most of the team from last year and them being competitive from what I heard against Allen Co.-Scottsville late in the season. Clay will be Clay in a bunch of strong corn-fed boys who know they like to win. They won't roll over for anybody, but, they had better get a coach and a system lined out in the next month...the clock's ticking. Rockcastle will be returning most of the team that they had with the loss of just a couple of regular starters. At one point late in the season they had seven kids coming out during possesion changes and I think that the experience that the younger guys got during the last half of last season may make them this season. But again, Knox will be the lead dog until another dog comes up and takes the lead from them.
Knox Central has it locked up IMO!
Knox easily. No question about this one.
1-Knox Central
2.Rockcastle
3.Clay Co
4.Russell Co

MVP Junior Playmaker-Jeffery Canady (Knox)
leecoukfan Wrote:Knox Central has it locked up IMO!

Southeast Bluegrass Wrote:Knox easily. No question about this one.

I can't understand this line of thinking.

When Rock was terrible the last couple of seasons, the scores were:
2010: 28-8
2009: 21-20
2008: 21-19

Grant it, last season wasn't close but it was the worst team Rock has had in my lifetime, the student leadership was very questionable, among other things.

I can understand Knox Central being favored, that is fine BUT they will not easily take this district. At least 3 of the 4 teams will be very good.
Knox
Rock
Clay
Russell
You people are giving Russell Co no respect. That will probably change after each game.
zebra'seyes Wrote:You people are giving Russell Co no respect. That will probably change after each game.

Please take note of post #4. No disrespect for Russell Co. in that one.
zebra'seyes Wrote:You people are giving Russell Co no respect. That will probably change after each game.

Zebra'seyes, I live in Jamestown right now, but I grew up and graduated from Rockcastle. I know first-hand how good both teams are gonna be. Every team in this district could be competitive in ALMOST any district in the state. Clay County might falter a little because of the coaching situation.
I'm going with Knox to win this district.

1.Knox
2.Rockcastle
3.Russell Co
4.Clay Co.
I think Knox Rock and Clay will all have solid teams. Its who ever wants it more
I gotta go with Knox Central and then Rockcastle Co. KC was tough last year and this year they should be improved. They have a solid and balanced attack. They will be hard to stop. Rockcastle Co. is the best of the rest IMO. Who knows they could make a run at KC. Good luck to all the teams in this district.
Clay will not finish last in this district...Hyde or Cannady will be MVP, Dezarn from Clay will be a darkhorse contender
Knox
Rock
Clay
Russell Co.
Hyper Wrote:Clay will not finish last in this district...Hyde or Cannady will be MVP, Dezarn from Clay will be a darkhorse contender

No one is mentioning Clark Rowe either. He is likely to shatter Rockcastle's all time career rushing record.
Unusual (and nice) to see Knox getting picked to win. I agree with us winning this district but fully believe it will be a war to get there every Friday night.

Rock will be very tough with its best running game ever led by a better line this year. Last year was not something we will see repeated soon.

Know nothing about Russell but expect them to be tough. As for Clay, unless Hyde can run it and block it and pass it; likely to be a tough season for my friends from next door. No disrespect intended - and I hope they prove me wrong as I have good friends in that program; but I don't think they will.
papagrit Wrote:I'd say with a returning QB in Barger and of course the Canady boy along with several very good linemen including Diamond on the team, Knox will be the team to beat in this district. Clay and Russell Counties will be no pushover with Russell returning most of the team from last year and them being competitive from what I heard against Allen Co.-Scottsville late in the season. Clay will be Clay in a bunch of strong corn-fed boys who know they like to win. They won't roll over for anybody, but, they had better get a coach and a system lined out in the next month...the clock's ticking. Rockcastle will be returning most of the team that they had with the loss of just a couple of regular starters. At one point late in the season they had seven kids coming out during possesion changes and I think that the experience that the younger guys got during the last half of last season may make them this season. But again, Knox will be the lead dog until another dog comes up and takes the lead from them.
Looking forward to our meeting!
Football1 Wrote:Looking forward to our meeting!

As do I my friend. Lots going on with the team right now. Starting to get my football appetite whetted.:Thumbs:
Knox Central will win
Clay
Rockcastle
Russell