Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Top Kickers/Punters in Northern Kentucky?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I messed up on the last thread, but who do you think will be the best kickers and punters from Northern Kentucky in the 2011 season?
Joey Nussbaum - Beechwood, I've only seen him kick inside the 30, but i'm certain he could make several past it. really good leg, very accurate
^ I'd agree on Nussbaum.

Campbell County's Grant Mahoney has spent his 2nd offseason working out with Ohio State's kickers in Columbus. He has the leg, but last year he went through a sophomore slump that was 100% mental. If this young man "gets it", he could be special.
Any hearing on the duo from Cov Cath? I don't know their names, but I've heard good things about them from last year.
No one that i know of. Ryle always has strong kickers, but I do not know who will be kicking for them this year either.
Does Highlands return their kicker? If memory serves me right they had a good kicker when I saw them last season.
No, Highlands graduated their kicker.
I was up at Covington Catholic watching the freshman team practice on Wednesday night. Mitch McDowell showed up to punt for about an hour and a half. Once he was loose, he was punting the ball 60 yards from where he kicked it to where the ball landed. He later stood on the 50 yard line and was punting the ball through the goal posts, while still having at least another 5 yards. These punts had GREAT hangtime as well. I would like to see him try from the opposite 45 yard line and see if he could make it from there. This kid definitely has to be up there for the top punter in the state.