Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Danville 2011
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What do the Admirals to improve from last year's 10-4 Team which made it to the Semi-Finals of the State Playoffs?

Aug. 19, 11 @ Lincoln County 5:30 pm Death Valley Bowl
Aug. 27, 11 Garrard County 8:00 pm Bob Allen Bowl
Sep. 2, 11 Boyle County 7:30 pm
Sep. 9, 11 @ Corbin 7:30 pm
Sep. 16, 11 @ Southwestern 7:30 pm
Sep. 23, 11 Green County 7:30 pm
Sep. 30, 11 OPEN
Oct. 7, 11 @ Somerset 7:30 pm
Oct. 14, 11 Middlesboro 7:30 pm
Oct. 21, 11 @ Lexington Christian 7:30 pm
Oct. 28, 11 Frankfort 7:30 pm
Danville heads into the season as one of the favorites for the state crown, and rightfully so. They return one of the most talented running backs in the state(Patrick Brand). They return their starting quarterback. They return alot of key pieces. Watch out for the Admirals.
An Ads fan that I work with stated that Mr. Brand will not be playing this year. Have to wait and see if this is true or not. If he does not, it will have a huge impact on DHS.
Danville's O-Line needed the most help returning from last year. If they squared away that line then they will definately be in the playoff picture late into November....just not too late I hope.
kyrocklover Wrote:An Ads fan that I work with stated that Mr. Brand will not be playing this year. Have to wait and see if this is true or not. If he does not, it will have a huge impact on DHS.

That's a new one on me.
As Jumper said D needs to fix up front. Both sides of the ball. They do that and they will be a hard out in the playoffs.
Danville gets a transfer from Garrard County. O-Lineman who stands 6'4 or 6'5...265-270
I'm pullin for the Ads to bring home some hardware, one of my favorite AA teams
Reading the Cats' Pause there wasn't any mention of Brand in the Article about Danville, or as one of the top players in the district which seemed strange to me. With or without Brand Danville is one of several teams in AA that could possibly knock off NCC
Brand will not be playing with Danville this season unless Coath Harp has a change of heart. I think they will be just fine nonetheless. Marcus Brown and Max Ray are certainly capable of carrying the rock for Danville.
Mr. Baseball Wrote:Danville gets a transfer from Garrard County. O-Lineman who stands 6'4 or 6'5...265-270

Also heard that the very talented Defensive Jr. that plays fullback went with this OL to Danville. I cant imagine why any kid would not want to be coached by Coach Scenters! He is a man of intergrity!
Danville got a good shot this year but i believe any team in there district has a good shot (except middlesboro). Danville will have to beat the other two teams LCA and Somerset at there places to place first in the district. Its going to be a tough challenge. I am looking foward to follow this district as i believe one of these teams in this district and Prestonsburg will have a shot to face the Northern Ky power schools for a shot at state.
Trenches07 Wrote:Also heard that the very talented Defensive Jr. that plays fullback went with this OL to Danville. I cant imagine why any kid would not want to be coached by Coach Scenters! He is a man of intergrity!

Is the KHSAA looking into this? It seems Garrard Co. would try to do something about it losingh their 2 best players.
bac2369 Wrote:Danville got a good shot this year but i believe any team in there district has a good shot (except middlesboro). Danville will have to beat the other two teams LCA and Somerset at there places to place first in the district. Its going to be a tough challenge. I am looking foward to follow this district as i believe one of these teams in this district and Prestonsburg will have a shot to face the Northern Ky power schools for a shot at state.

I agree 2A is going to be tough this season and this is going to be the most competitive district in 2A IMO. Western Ky. should have some real contenders this year too with Glasgow, O'Cath, and Murray and then Desales out of Louisville.