Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Cavaliers/Kings Trade Rumor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Cavs to send JJ Hickson to Sacramento for Omir Casspi. All but a done deal

http://dimemag.com/2011/06/nba-trade...r-omri-casspi/
YES!

Kind of worries me that everyone wants Casspi except the Kings.
Now that I read more, I do not like it.
The Kings would give up Omri AND a 1st Round pick for Hickson. NO WAY!
according to yahoo sports, this trade has went through. Kings are giving up Omir Casspri and a Pick for JJ Hickson
Who are these guys?
Strikeout King Wrote:according to yahoo sports, this trade has went through. Kings are giving up Omir Casspri and a Pick for JJ Hickson

Omri Casspi has a lot of up-side, I don't like this trade for the Kings.

Casspi for Hickson would've been a good trade but that pick makes the deal a bad one.
Stardust Wrote:Who are these guys?

LOL - you kill me SD. :biggrin:
ekff Wrote:Omri Casspi has a lot of up-side, I don't like this trade for the Kings.

Casspi for Hickson would've been a good trade but that pick makes the deal a bad one.

I said the same thing. It really worries me that it seems like EVERYONE wants Casspi except the Kings, lol.

I just found out that the pick is protected. How far that is, I don't know.
Is Samuel Dalambert a free agent? If so, thank the Lord his $13 Million a year is gone, but sad that his defense is leaving!

Who starts?
Jimmer Fredette
Tyreke Evans
John Salmons
JJ Hickson
DeMarcus Cousins

Reserves:
Marcus Thornton
Francisco Garcia
Jason Thompson
Hassan Whiteside
Does this team only play in the summer league? Have they played enough qualifying games to get into the NBA? The reserves are all on the US World Cup team, Right???

LWC Wrote:Is Samuel Dalambert a free agent? If so, thank the Lord his $13 Million a year is gone, but sad that his defense is leaving!

Who starts?
Jimmer Fredette
Tyreke Evans
John Salmons
JJ Hickson
DeMarcus Cousins

Reserves:
Marcus Thornton
Francisco Garcia
Jason Thompson
Hassan Whiteside
I wouldn't start Salmons over Garcia.
Stardust Wrote:Does this team only play in the summer league? Have they played enough qualifying games to get into the NBA? The reserves are all on the US World Cup team, Right???

I think your Miami Heat and my Kings need to discuss a trade, lol. The Kings have too many bigs and too many rough-rowdy players and the Heat have a desperate need for a big that has some guts, lol.
Ballers Wrote:I wouldn't start Salmons over Garcia.

This isn't the same Garcia from those Louisville teams. Plus from what I hear, Salmons is a pass first kind-of-player and the Kings desperately need it.
LWC Wrote:This isn't the same Garcia from those Louisville teams. Plus from what I hear, Salmons is a pass first kind-of-player and the Kings desperately need it.

LOL LWC - Well either way, he was a heck of a player at UL.
LWC Wrote:I think your Miami Heat and my Kings need to discuss a trade, lol. The Kings have too many bigs and too many rough-rowdy players and the Heat have a desperate need for a big that has some guts, lol.

I don't think the Univeristy of Pikeville would be interested in a trade with the Kings!
Stardust Wrote:I don't think the Univeristy of Pikeville would be interested in a trade with the Kings!

The Univeristy?
LWC Wrote:The Univeristy?

Yes, don't you read the off topic forum any LWC? They are now (supposedly) considered a university.
Ballers Wrote:Yes, don't you read the off topic forum any LWC? They are now (supposedly) considered a university.

I am sorry Ballers, you made it even funnier. Notice the spelling from the post you quoted. Me and Dusty are jabbing each others teams and I took a job at his spelling in a post that was jabbing at the Kings.
Nvm - I got it.. LOL My bad!
:lmao: Thank you Ballers, you made that 100x funnier. :thatsfunn
Garcia has been garbage in the NBA. He was great at UL, but nothing in the NBA.
And this is a terrible trade for SAC, but a great one for Cleveland! The Cavs were already overloaded with bigs and in need for some long wings, like Casspi. That draft pick means the Cavs could have 2 top 10 draft picks in back to back years!
^I thought it was a lottery protected pick?

I know the draft pick is protected, but I do not know how far. Basically, there is no way that if the Kings finish with a lottery pick next season that it goes to Cleveland. Cleveland would have to wait until the Kings fell out of the lottery to use it.
Ah ok. Thanks for clearing that up. Wow, no offense LWC, but the Cavs may be waiting awhile to use that pick then...
^Ah LClion. Ye of little faith Big Grin

The Kings won 24 games last season. Keep in mind that Tyreke Evans, their star missed 25 games. Also, their road record was just as good as the Pacers (who were a playoff team). In addition, they had the "moving to Anaheim" question circling in their heads all season. Along with Cousins being a baby, lol.

One additional note is that late in the season they acquired Marcus Thornton for Carl Landry. What a STEAL of a trade, lol. Thornton began averaging 20+PPG!

They also added JJ Hickson, who 2 seasons ago was so good that the Cavs wouldn't trade Amare Stoudamire for him! Was that the Cavs stupidity, maybe. But they were really big on him.

With the addition of JJ Hickson and John Salmons and added experience for one of the youngest teams in the league AND plenty of salary cap to use in free agency, they could be a .500 team next season.
Hickson is a solid young player with upside. I like his game better than Casspi's. If Dalambert is indeed a free agent then this moves means their probably not resigning him. Hickson and Cousins(if he can grow up) can be quite the duo in the paint in a few years. IMO Kings barely miss the playoffs this year, there just too young, and without a superstar. The Salmons trade helps them a ton because he is a experienced player and don't care to defer to Evans. If Cousins would play to his potential he could eventually be a top 2-3 center.
Aslan Wrote:Hickson is a solid young player with upside. I like his game better than Casspi's. If Dalambert is indeed a free agent then this moves means their probably not resigning him. Hickson and Cousins(if THEY can grow up) can be quite the duo in the paint in a few years. IMO Kings barely miss the playoffs this year, there just too young, and without a superstar. The Salmons trade helps them a ton because he is a experienced player and don't care to defer to Evans. If Cousins would play to his potential he could eventually be a top 2-3 center.

After the fix that I made, I agree. :Thumbs: