Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who Is Conner??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Seems like about every post in here, somebody names Conner.
Whether it's Hardest hitting teams or teams with tradition.
WHO'S CONNER? Cmon, Let's get realistic!
When we talk about "Hard Hitting football", I'm sorry to say Conner just doesnt come to mind.That's like talking about the great boxers and somebody saying Jerry Cooney.Someone even described "When you play Conner, it's a bloodbath!"
I'mSO LAUGHING MY A## OFF RIGHT NOW!
Bring Conner down to Belfry or Log mountain and you'll see the definition of a good ole hillbilly a## whipin for conner!
Now tell me what Conner has done, WAIT, let me rephrase, Tell me what Conner has ever done?

(HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH got ya hillbilly, by the way just kiddin)

Seriously, Tell me alittle about Conner football, not real familiar with them.:giveup: :Hammer3:
John Conner (mabey) Or Mabey Jimmy Conners( The Tennis Guy)
Oh My Goodness !!!! No ! No! Not The Caps Lock( I Know How Hillbilly Hates It) I Rebuke You Caps Lock! It Wont Stop Hillbilly, Noooooooooooooo!
you got me paranoid now bout the caps lock Hillbilly, see wasn't even on.
wait, oh, i see it,WOOOOOHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA CAPS LOCK IS BACK!
Conner is a pretty decent 4A team out of Region 3 in NKY...They had an off year last year, but other than that they usually put a pretty good team on the field...
Conner had a bad year last year, but they beat Boone Co. in the last game of their season. They are up in Region 3 District 6 with Boone Co., Simon Kenton, Ryle, Holmes, etc. They won a state title in AAA 1983 beating Franklin-Simpson 12-7.
[QUOTE="vince"]Seems like about every post in here, somebody names Conner.
Whether it's Hardest hitting teams or teams with tradition.
WHO'S CONNER? Cmon, Let's get realistic!
When we talk about "Hard Hitting football", I'm sorry to say Conner just doesnt come to mind.That's like talking about the great boxers and somebody saying Jerry Cooney.Someone even described "When you play Conner, it's a bloodbath!"
I'mSO LAUGHING MY A## OFF RIGHT NOW!
Bring Conner down to Belfry or Log mountain and you'll see the definition of a good ole hillbilly a## whipin for conner!
Now tell me what Conner has done, WAIT, let me rephrase, Tell me what Conner has ever done?

(HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH got ya hillbilly, by the way just kiddin)
[QUOTE]

Vince--

You really show your knowledge (I mean--LACK OF KNOWLEDGE).

Conner:
Date Opened: 1970
Head Coach: Tom Stellman (Dayton, 81?)
Coaching Experience: Cincinnati Moeller (Assistant), Cincinnati LaSalle (assistant), Conner (assistant), Conner (Head Coach since 1991)
Assistant Coaches: Tom Berger, Jonathan Fisher, Tim Zeis, Larry Hudson, Mike Puthoff, Lester Smith, John Hoffman, Ernie Warner

Record Last 4 Years:
2005: 3-7
2004: 11-1
2003: 10-1
2002: 8-3
Best Years (under Stellman):

1993: 8-5, Regional Semifinals (3rd round)--beat defending state champions (Highlands), Lost to eventual state champions CovCath (7-3), Had the rusher with the 2nd highest total for the year (behind Jeremy Simpson) George Duvall (2612 yards in 13 games--against real teams), first 4 seed (since since playoff alignment) to beat a 1 seed (Ashland)

1994: 8-3--Ranked 2nd in the state for vast majority of the season. Lost to Paul Rains coached team at Montgomery County

1996: 8-5--Regional Semifinalists (3rd round), beat CovCath in 2nd round--lost to Highlands (eventual state champs) in the 3rd round.

2001 to 2004 Record: 29-5
State Championship Appearances: 1980, 1983
State Championships: 1 (1983)
(Coached by one of the most prolific high school coaches in the history of high school football--Bob Lewis--the only person to win a state championship in Ohio and Kentucky)

As far as hard hitting--historically, by far, one of the nastiest, hard hitting, fearless teams in the state. Even when they have not been good--they have had a NASTY reputation to hit you in the mouth HARD and FAIR. Has HISTORICALLY had a very hard time scheduling games due to their ability to knock teams silly (Ask Corbin, Sheldon Clark from a few years back).

I am not saying that they are better or worse than Belfry or any other mountain school--but I will tell you this--it would be MUCH nastier than you could ever begin to imagine (while playing clean and fair). It wouldn't be the nice little cake walk that you think, Vince. Even if one of your teams would win--they would walk off the field knowing that they played in a game.

A lot of this has to do with their weight lifting and "creative" conditioning program. (Creative--doesn't begin to describe it). But pound for pound--probably one of the strongest teams in the state (when it comes to lifting). During the 2001 to 2004 stretch--there were over 25 kids in the program who benched over 300 and squated over 500. (That is no joke).

They get after it. Simply put. (Not to mention the fact that they have one of the best track coaches in the state--ha, ha, ha! And keep in mind--I coach football at Beechwood--not Conner--so get your story straight before you try to call me out)

Hopefully--this answers your questions.
Vince--seriously--you make me want to puke (but you are funny).

A couple of your phrases stand out--"bloodbath"

Good word to describe it.

Here is a good story that I can tell about my playing days at Conner:

The first game of my junior year, we were playing a solid team. During the second series, the 200 pound left tackle experienced a compound fracture of one of his pinkies. No tears were shed, no words were said (ha, ha--I made a rhyme), the QB offered to set it in the huddle, which he did. The center gave him a glove from his left hand (non snapping hand) which kept things in place. On the next play, the player with the compound fracture (again--NO JOKE) hit a kid so hard that the kid puked on him. (Which mixed nicely with the blood from his finger to smell like pure poopy).

He never came out of the game--never went to the hospital and finished the year without missing one play on offense, defense or special teams.

That is the mentality of a Conner football player.

You may find that it is similar to a lot of the players that you talk about.
Conner went 3-7 but arent they a team full of freshmen and sophomores?And didnt they lose like 18 or 19 starters from the 11-1 team of 04?
I saw Conner play a few years ago, I think it was in 1999 against Corbin. They seem to me then to be a physical team. Also when we at Lynn Camp played at Beechwood a couple of years ago, Beechwood was a very physical with us. I had always heard that NKY teams didn't like to play physical football, but I don't believe that to be the case, they will hit you with the best of them.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Conner went 3-7 but arent they a team full of freshmen and sophomores?And didnt they lose like 18 or 19 starters from the 11-1 team of 04?

100% Correct . . . . . . . .
This thread provides a good laugh...wow.
Let's get fired up about ****** football, OH MY GOODNESS, I SO MEANT CONNER.
condolences. Brag on conner, but Dudley is average, what an oxymoron or should i just say moron.

VINCE--Here is your warning--you can say what you want providing that you don't make inappropriate references--don't make this type of reference about any team again.