Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Frankfort 2011
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What do the Panthers need to do to improve from last year's 9-4 Team that made the playoffs?

Aug 20, 11 Newport away

7:30 PM
Aug 26, 11 Rockcastle County home

Sep 2, 11 Sheldon Clark home

8:00 PM
Sep 9, 11 Franklin County home

Sep 16, 11 Western Hills away

Sep 23, 11 Lexington Christian away

Oct 7, 11 Paris home

Oct 14, 11 Bracken County home

Oct 21, 11 Eminence away

Oct 28, 11 Danville away

Alot of the offense from last year graduated. Hawkins will be a young QB, they have to replace downfield threats cardwell and wright, and the o-line will be new, but kaleb leach and joseph morgan could be the best backfield duo in class A next season.

i think they'll have another season like last years. nice season ending in the regional championship against beechwood
toussaints Wrote:Alot of the offense from last year graduated. Hawkins will be a young QB, they have to replace downfield threats cardwell and wright, and the o-line will be new, but kaleb leach and joseph morgan could be the best backfield duo in class A next season.

i think they'll have another season like last years. nice season ending in the regional championship against beechwood

I agree. I team that just can not get over the Hump.
toussaints Wrote:Alot of the offense from last year graduated. Hawkins will be a young QB, they have to replace downfield threats cardwell and wright, and the o-line will be new, but kaleb leach and joseph morgan could be the best backfield duo in class A next season.

what hawkins frist name
rebel 4 life Wrote:what hawkins frist name

i think chris, his dad phil was the middle school head coach at frankfort. he'll be in louisville now, don't know if his son is going with him though
Frankfort has had several big senior classes the last 5 years. This years senior class is 5 kids. This will be Frankforts least talented senior class in a long while. With that being said they are loaded with talent in grades 9-11. This team will be very young.

With the youth the have and the schedule they are playing they could have their first losing season since Coach Foley has arrived. Foley didn't do his team any favors with this schedule.

Look for a youth movement at FHS. They will play a lot of young kids.

O-line will be young but very talented. Will start 1 freshman 3 sophmores.

Jackosn will be the go to guy again in the passing attack. this kid is ligit D-1 WR.

Backfield is loaded as always. Leach, Morgan, Davis, and a slew of fast freshmen.

QB - WIde open. They have a kid transfered from Scott Co that they are looking at to play QB. The future QB is a freshman that will be brought a long slowly.

Hawkins kid is a good kid. I am not sure if he fits what Coach Foley and FHS are trying to do this season. I hear they are moving to the SKI-GUN Option Attack.

Defense FHS will be solid as always. Coach Acklin does a great job.

Look for this team to finish 7-3 and end up in the regional finals against Beechwood. I think they are 2 years away from Winning the regional Title.
So, will they have a losing season or go 7-3 ??? will the hawkins kid start or will the Scott transfer start ??? young and talented, or young and have a learning season.....?????
64east Wrote:So, will they have a losing season or go 7-3 ??? will the hawkins kid start or will the Scott transfer start ??? young and talented, or young and have a learning season.....?????

they'll have a winning season, I don't know who will start at QB, and they will be young, talented, and learning. like QBcoach said, they're 1-2 years away from winning a regional title
64east Wrote:So, will they have a losing season or go 7-3 ??? will the hawkins kid start or will the Scott transfer start ??? young and talented, or young and have a learning season.....?????

To answer your questions

1. They could have a losing record with the schedule they have. But I think they will be good enough to win 7 games.

2. QB situation will be worked out starting July 10th.

3. Young with talent and will spend the season learning to be successful.

i seen the chris hawkins play he anit that good so unless he loses a lot of weight and get faster they will have a lineman playing qb
rebel 4 life Wrote:i seen the chris hawkins play he anit that good so unless he loses a lot of weight and get faster they will have a lineman playing qb
That worked oout well for Highlands back in the late 1990's:blabbermo
Frankfort High seems to have a pool of talent to draw from, they always (since Foley) have a bad season on the horizon, not alot of talent, small senior class, but then seem to be ranked in the top of class A, make deep runs into the playoffs, and if I am not mistaken district champs about every year, I say these kids have a talented coaching staff, kids with a great work ethic, and fans who keep all things in the program under the radar ....LOL....SO with the recent posts in mind....the real story is ????? DISTRICT CHAMPS, and a match-up with Beechwood looming in the near future......another great year for them, and best of luck in the playoffs
Talking with the Coaching Staff they truly understand it is important to use the regular season to prepare them for the Playoffs. Their district is very soft.

Talked with the DC and he says they only care about winning playoff games. The regular season is 10 scrimmages.

I think they will win their district. I just hope teams like Franklin County, Sheldon Clark, LCA, Rockcastle, and Danville don't beat them to death first.
What about western hills ????, lol
64 east - Western Hills will have a solid team. I don't think the are in the same caliber as the other teams on FHS schedule.

Coach Miller does a great job. I actually think WHHS will be better this year than last years team.

FHS vs WHHS is a toss up. IMO~!
will be a interesting year for all the schools in general IMO, with Frankfort beefing up their schedule, and having alot of new faces, Franklin Co. having alot of new transfers , adding to their already skilled team, and Western Hills, which I have heard have been focusing on strength, (saw them at alot of combines and at the strongman competition's), so it will interesting to see what the work in preseason holds for the year for all the schools. Good Luck to all the schools
I noticed that the Sheldon Clark at Frankfort game is slated for 8PM; I would like to see it moved back to 7:30PM, since SC fans have a very long drive back home after the game.

But whatever, I plan on being there. If I recall correctly, Franklin looked pretty good last season and this year's contest should be competitive.
Rebel 4 Life... Come on, really? He is 6'2" and has lost a lot of weight. I think he won a few games in your home town growing up as well. As for FHS young roster, they have some very talented kids on that young team that have won a lot of games together as High School players and Middle School players. They do have a tough schedule, but the younger kids are use to that. The coaching staff there knows how to win games and the defense will do very well. I am not sure what their record will be but....... They will be a tough beat by October..
I will agree that they will be tough come late fall. But their early schedule might hurt this teams ego........
QBCoach Wrote:I will agree that they will be tough come late fall. But their early schedule might hurt this teams ego........

It'll hurt their ego, but they'll bounce back quickly in district play. maybe even feel like underdogs going into the playoffs, and that makes a talented team very dangerous.
I have heard that FHS is missing some key players that have decided not to play. Mainly Jo Jo Morgan. This is a big loss for the Panthers. This kid is the heart of their defense.

As for QB position looks like there is a good battle going on........
Can anyone shed some light on how things are going since the start of practice?
6 team Grid at Frankfort Aug. 13th. Teams will have 3 50 minute scrimmages

Frankfort
Estill County
Gallitan County
Lou. Atherton
Henry County
East Jess.

Sat Aug 12th @ 10am

Not sure who plays who