Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2012 57th District Predictions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
May as well start talking about it now.

Who is everyone picking for next season? Should be a pretty close District in my opinion. Hasn't been won by the Favorite in awhile.
The district is going to be a blind draw so some of the teams may not even play each other. What's the point they don't mean anything in the regular season anymore. I think that JCHS, LCHS, and PHS all have really good teams coming back, but MCHS could upset one of these teams.
Greyhound Wrote:The district is going to be a blind draw so some of the teams may not even play each other. What's the point they don't mean anything in the regular season anymore. I think that JCHS, LCHS, and PHS all have really good teams coming back, but MCHS could upset one of these teams.

MCHS are the Champs till they are removed. Tough young group there.
Should be really competitive and fun to watch. I like MCHS though.
I think its between paintsville and magoffin. Magoffin is a good team but if the lady tigers can pull together they will be hard to beat next year.
Who has better pitching than Paintsville? JCHS,LCHS and Magoffin all lost really good pitchers. Not sure what anyone has coming back, but you got to be good in the circle. Just my two cents.
HOMER Wrote:Who has better pitching than Paintsville? JCHS,LCHS and Magoffin all lost really good pitchers. Not sure what anyone has coming back, but you got to be good in the circle. Just my two cents.

Magoffin returns chelsey cole and they have a pretty solid 8th grader who did some good work for them last season. Johnson central will have aly webb in the circle. shes good but lacks varsity experience. So Paintsville will have the most seasoned pitchers but the girls behind them are young. Sc could possibly be competitive this year becasue those girls love to play so i wouldnt doubt they will be working hard this off season.
With Lawrence having a top notch coach who was also a Div1 pitcher they will be formidable.
softballfan25 Wrote:Magoffin returns chelsey cole and they have a pretty solid 8th grader who did some good work for them last season. Johnson central will have aly webb in the circle. shes good but lacks varsity experience. So Paintsville will have the most seasoned pitchers but the girls behind them are young. Sc could possibly be competitive this year becasue those girls love to play so i wouldnt doubt they will be working hard this off season.

I wouldn't go that far. They return quite a bit of experience in the field with: Jones, Pelphrey, DeGuzman, Mills and Boyd and some of those "young" ones...got some pretty good experience last season. The Tigers should have the strongest pitching next season. BUT, the BATS have to come alive.
softballfan25 Wrote:Magoffin returns chelsey cole and they have a pretty solid 8th grader who did some good work for them last season. Johnson central will have aly webb in the circle. shes good but lacks varsity experience. So Paintsville will have the most seasoned pitchers but the girls behind them are young. Sc could possibly be competitive this year becasue those girls love to play so i wouldnt doubt they will be working hard this off season.

Chelsey Cole pitched a lot as a Sophomore and she is pretty solid pitcher. And for the 8th grader, her name is Hannah Skaggs, and she is an awesome pitcher. She played last year in the District Championship and in the Regional games as well. She's a dandy.
I think SC pitcher is as good or better than anyone in that district. Not sure about LC. I haven't seen their pitcher.
I think the pitching over all is going to be weak in this district. Nobody has a dominate pitcher so defense will be very important.
OffTheHook Wrote:I wouldn't go that far. They return quite a bit of experience in the field with: Jones, Pelphrey, DeGuzman, Mills and Boyd and some of those "young" ones...got some pretty good experience last season. The Tigers should have the strongest pitching next season. BUT, the BATS have to come alive.

JCHS is always gonna b my pick. I think the bats are there for sure butttt to tell the truth.....their pitching worries me this coming season. I mean how do u replace Sarah really? Not sure Phs has the bats but they sure do have the pitching. Good luck to all. Confusednicker:
OffTheHook Wrote:MCHS are the Champs till they are removed. Tough young group there.
JCHS won the 57th last year.
JCHS won the district last year and MCHS won the region. I also think that the 2012 Regional Champion will come from the 57th District again.
sportsfanatic Wrote:JCHS won the 57th last year.

You are correct. I should have been alittle more clear with my reply. :Thumbs:
I agree it will be a tight District this year. Pitching will be key. Paintsville has the best pitcher in Lemaster. Central(WEBB) and LC(FITZPATRICK and HORN) both have young Pitchers in the circle. SC has O Conner and i would say she has a chance to be a leader as well. MCHS has a very young pitch and im not to sure Cole will want to throw seeing see has a really good chance at the next level.Im not really sure if all the coaches stay the same at all schools? LC has a new staff, and that is always a big adjustment for the players., and from what i can find out LC will be moved from the 57th after this season.So many things can effect the outcome of a season. This should be a good one with rule change, teams who work the hardest will really help their chances!! CANT WAIT!
^Don't forget the Tigers also have Mills, to take some of the load for Lemaster. Will be a VERY competitive season in the 57th!
The 15th region will definitely have to go through the 57th district.
^Seems like it always does.