Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Raceland rams 2011
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What will the Rams have to do to get through this tough schedule? Seven road games and only three at home. They have added two very good teams onto the schedule this year in Lawrence Co and Pikeville. The Rams already play year after year Russell and Ashland.
I think the Rams have Four home games; East Carter, Nicholas Co., Fairview and Russell.
Strong prediction of 9-1 or 8-2. I have heard that some people say 4-6 but I think they are alittle skeptical. RAMS are young this year but very nice talent at positions. One thing about Raceland, the kids do not care where they play, they just want to beat everyone as a team! I see a bright future ahead for Raceland and it could very well start this year. Next 6 years look good coming thru the ranks.
That's laughable 9 1 with that schedule? Geez buddy
Ram-Fan Wrote:Strong prediction of 9-1 or 8-2. I have heard that some people say 4-6 but I think they are alittle skeptical. RAMS are young this year but very nice talent at positions. One thing about Raceland, the kids do not care where they play, they just want to beat everyone as a team! I see a bright future ahead for Raceland and it could very well start this year. Next 6 years look good coming thru the ranks.

Love your pride and enthusium RF. But 9-1 or even 8-2 is a little much imo for this team. There is no doubt that we don't care if we play at home or away. We make the away games our home!! These colors don't run! But playing all these very good bigger schools like the tomcats, devils and bulldogs. Then playing a few smaller but very good teams like Pikeville and fairview could take a toll on our record. This prepares us for our 1A district games. And helps in the playoff games. Because when you play Ashland, Russell, Greenup Co and Lawrence Co it will be like a high intense playoff game for us. By the time we get to the playoffs we'll be ready. We won't have that dear in the headlight look in our eyes. Every game this season will have a playoff atmosphere. I think thats what this coaching staff wants! We could schedule down like some. But thats not RAM football. We could go 9-1 if we played the schedule that a few of the schools in our area have scheduled! We must stay healthy. Thats the key imo for winning 7 regular season games. But I hope you are right and we do go 9-1 or 8-2. We have a couple of star players on this team that have missed alot of games the past two years. If they go down this year we will be hurting. If they stay healthy we'll be fine. Defense has to be better this year! And I think it will be. Go RAMS.
Raceland is terrible
russellpride Wrote:That's laughable 9 1 with that schedule? Geez buddy

We may not be the smartest fans in the stands. But we BELIEVE everytime we go out on the playing field we can win. But you are right. For a school our size. Having around 30+ players on our team. This schedule could make for a long season if we don't stay healthy and have some luck go our way. Russell should be stronger then the past few years. Ashland will be tough. Lawrence Co from what I hear has a lot of talent coming back. Pikeville will be a long drive and another tough game. Then you have the rival game with fairview. ect ect. With this schedule you just hope your healthy come district and playoff time...
russellpride Wrote:Raceland is terrible

I assume you've been scouting! Or you wouldn' make such a statement. Sounds like you just might think you can beat the RAMS this year. I guess we can't win every year!! We'll see!! What year was it that Russell last beat the RAMS? Wouldn't have ever said anything but you just showed your ignornce of this great game. Teams haven't suited up and your talking smack.. I assume you did this last year and year before last. Right!! You want to talk smack. Wait till you beat this little 1A school one time in a row!! Russell always has my respect. But your type makes it rough. If I remember Russell couldn't beat the RAMS in the weight comp. this spring. Scott Co then Raceland.
Bears Boy Wrote:I think the Rams have Four home games; East Carter, Nicholas Co., Fairview and Russell.

I think we are playing Fairview away again. Doesn't matter where we play!!
I always love when the Rams come to Putnam.
How many kids are coming out for practice this year?
Tomcat Pride Wrote:I always love when the Rams come to Putnam.

It's something we all look foward to each year. Just the chance to play and sometimes beat one of the biggest programs in the east.
Jarons Wrote:How many kids are coming out for practice this year?

Looks like the same o same o. About 35.
Proud Ram Fan 1168 Wrote:Looks like the same o same o. About 35.
Who are going to some of the better players? I know my nephew has been talking about Connor Messer for a couple of years. What are the class numbers? I have heard that the Junior and Senior Classes are pretty thin and the freshman and Sophmore classes has a lot coming in. Just curious.
Any scrimaggages (sp?) on Aug 6? Wouldn't mind seeing a little when I am in town.
Jarons Wrote:Who are going to some of the better players? I know my nephew has been talking about Connor Messer for a couple of years. What are the class numbers? I have heard that the Junior and Senior Classes are pretty thin and the freshman and Sophmore classes has a lot coming in. Just curious.
Any scrimaggages (sp?) on Aug 6? Wouldn't mind seeing a little when I am in town.

Are stud this year will be Caudill. He's very hard nosed. Our sr. and jr class have something like 8 or 9 players each. With our lower classes coming up with about 18 each. Lots of talent on the upper classes. But any injuries will hurt us really bad.
Also I had stated inb a earlier post that we played fairview away again this year. I was wrong. It was a schedule mistake about a month or two ago.
RussellPride go toot your on horn, about yourself at Fairview.
Proud Ram Fan 1168 Wrote:It's something we all look foward to each year. Just the chance to play and sometimes beat one of the biggest programs in the east.
The key word is sometimes. What is the overall record in this series?
Proud Ram Fan 1168 Wrote:Are stud this year will be Caudill. He's very hard nosed. Our sr. and jr class have something like 8 or 9 players each. With our lower classes coming up with about 18 each. Lots of talent on the upper classes. But any injuries will hurt us really bad.
Also I had stated inb a earlier post that we played fairview away again this year. I was wrong. It was a schedule mistake about a month or two ago.

Can't believe I put are for our. Thats funny stuff. Maybe I should have put hour!! lol Guess thats what I get for posting at the crack of dawn. I have a rough enough time spelling anyway!! Real kentuckian!
Proud Ram Fan 1168 Wrote:Can't believe I put are for our. Thats funny stuff. Maybe I should have put hour!! lol Guess thats what I get for posting at the crack of dawn. I have a rough enough time spelling anyway!! Real kentuckian!
I knew what you meant
Just want to let everyone know that we do play fairview at home this year. I had posted earlier that we played them away again. That was a misprint on the schedule from about a month or so ago. :HitWall:
I am a Bulldog fan but I have nothing but respect for Raceland and their fans. They always play hard and give it everything they got, and always show class. Loooking forward to welcoming Raceland back to the " Dawg Pound " this year. Time to get it on.
serious? Wrote:RussellPride go toot your on horn, about yourself at Fairview.

It's all good. I actually enjoy his coments. Funny stuff! I assume he's only hidding behind the russellpride thing anyway!! I think he's embarrassed about being a fairview fan. Don't know why. Fairview has come along way!
lcgrad2002 Wrote:I am a Bulldog fan but I have nothing but respect for Raceland and their fans. They always play hard and give it everything they got, and always show class. Loooking forward to welcoming Raceland back to the " Dawg Pound " this year. Time to get it on.
I always loved the Raceland LC games when I was at Raceland. Both teams always played hard and games were always the most fun on the schedule. I am glad to see the LC/Raceland series renwed.
Me too, those games are always tough and always fun for both communities. What is all the all-time record between these two schools
I wish Lewis County and Raceland would renew their series together. It would be a great, tough out of district game to prepare us for the district opponents and playoffs better.
LClion4life Wrote:I wish Lewis County and Raceland would renew their series together. It would be a great, tough out of district game to prepare us for the district opponents and playoffs better.

:Thumbs:
lcgrad2002 Wrote:Me too, those games are always tough and always fun for both communities. What is all the all-time record between these two schools

I remember a game I believe it was 1994. LC came to Ramland. LC I think was ranked #1 or 2 in the state. Our star back had a head injury so he couldnt play. The team didn't find out about his injury till right before the game. The team rallied all around him. The outcome! A very hard fought game. With the Rams kicking a long fieldgoal in the last quarter to win the game 3-0. It was a battle! Glad to see LC back to where they need to be. A very proud program. I think Billy Goldsmith was coaching. Not sure!! Didn't he always wear camo shorts? Couldn't believe they fell so far! LC sure has us talking up here in Raceland again. :worthy:
Proud Ram Fan 1168 Wrote:I remember a game I believe it was 1994. LC came to Ramland. LC I think was ranked #1 or 2 in the state. Our star back had a head injury so he couldnt play. The team didn't find out about his injury till right before the game. The team rallied all around him. The outcome! A very hard fought game. With the Rams kicking a long fieldgoal in the last quarter to win the game 3-0. It was a battle! Glad to see LC back to where they need to be. A very proud program. I think Billy Goldsmith was coaching. Not sure!! Didn't he always wear camo shorts? Couldn't believe they fell so far! LC sure has us talking up here in Raceland again. :worthy:
That game was my senior year, it was actually 1992. We found out in the locker room about an hour before we were to take the field for specials. It was very somber in the locker room, very quiet, yet we were very focused.
We did win the game 3-0 but it was a 16 yd field goal with about 2+/-minutes remaining.
It was one of the most memorable games I was a part of.
Goldsmith was the coach that season. Rumor has it, when we lined up for the field goal attempt, Goldsmith told his team not to rush because he thought we were going to shift to get them to jump or we were going to fake because we were inches from a first down.
Jarons Wrote:That game was my senior year, it was actually 1992. We found out in the locker room about an hour before we were to take the field for specials. It was very somber in the locker room, very quiet, yet we were very focused.
We did win the game 3-0 but it was a 16 yd field goal with about 2+/-minutes remaining.
It was one of the most memorable games I was a part of.
Goldsmith was the coach that season. Rumor has it, when we lined up for the field goal attempt, Goldsmith told his team not to rush because he thought we were going to shift to get them to jump or we were going to fake because we were inches from a first down.

My son played on that team. 92-94. We had to get our kids out of Boyd Co. And I knew Bill Tom. He coached me some in little leauge. And his mom would take me to school. She worked for the school system for years. My sons number was 37.
Ignore Russellpride. He's a tool, dont take him serious. Hes been making off the wall untrue predictions and statements every year.

As far as predictions I look for about the same as last year. Now next year will be a different story!
Pages: 1 2