Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Leslie County 2011
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What do the Eagles need to do to improve from last year's 4-8 Team that made the playoffs?

Aug. 19, 11 Powell County 7:30 pm
Aug. 26, 11 @ Magoffin County 7:30 pm
Sep. 2, 11 Allen Central 7:30 pm
Sep. 9, 11 @ Williamsburg 7:30 pm
Sep. 16, 11 @ McCreary Central 7:30 pm
Sep. 23, 11 Harlan 7:30 pm
Sep. 30, 11 OPEN
Oct. 7, 11 Betsy Layne 7:30 pm
Oct. 14, 11 @ Shelby Valley 7:30 pm
Oct. 21, 11 @ Prestonsburg 7:30 pm
Oct. 28, 11 Pineville 7:30 pm
Limit turnovers...

Turnovers cost the Eagles the majority of their losses last season..

Also, they need some confidence.. They have the size, the speed, and with a big Senior class, the expirience. Now they just need to learn how to win..
This team will surprise alot of people. I think the Floyd County Times said they return 9 starters back on offense and defense.

How many of these starters played J.V. last year, I Rule?

I think Coach Melton is doing real good things there.
I want to say 2 of the starters..
Get some key players back from injury this season..

Something they didn't have at all last year was a weight program in the winter.. They had it, but it was none-effective..

This winter, they have tore that place down... Kids have really gotten stronger, and it has showed in summer camps, as Leslie Co. has 3 kids going to Top Gun .. I hope this translates over to the field..
Whats Top Gun? Where is it at?
Leslie has a lot of winnable games on the schedule this season.The Eagles could do best 9-1 IMO (PBurg). I'll say LC finishes the season around a 7-3 record.
Top Gun is an invitation only camp put on by FBU. This year it is in Williamsburg, VA. These are the guys who put on the Army All-American Bowl. Last year, 26 of the players came from this camp.. Rated the best football camp in the nation by Rivals.

You have to do good in the regional camps to get invited to Top Gun..
Rury Eldridge will be coming to Leslie High next year. He was the best athlete in Perry County this past year in grade school. He runs a 4.5 - 4.6 40. The kid is an absolute animal with speed speed speed. Remember the name.
Leslie county will win 7 or 8 games this year.