Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Winners and Losers of the 2011 NBA Draft
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Post your Winners and Losers of the 2011 NBA Draft Here

I'm only doing the Loser:

Chicago Bulls - They needed a Guard, Had 3 Draft picks and traded 2 of them away for a player that won't be here for another 4 years and when they did draft a player, they took someone who no one has ever heard of (Jimmy Butler) when Shelvin Mack, Kyle Singler, Vernon Macklin, Chandler Parsons along with other good players that were still available. It seems like if they don't have a Lottery Draft Pick or Number 1 Overall Pick then there trading what Draft Picks they have. They needed a Guard and they Drafted a Forward. They must be gonna making some trades here in the next few months or try and sign some free agents
Loser - LA Lakers

Name me a draft pick the Lakers have drafted in the last 10 years that has panned out to anything.
Tell me anyone that gets any amount of playing time that was actually drafted by LA and not received via trade.
^ There was Several Losers in tonight's draft. It seemed like the last 10-15 Draft Picks were from Overseas
They mentioned jason richardson or rip hamilton going to the bulls, personally that sounds like a good pick up for them. and has for the Lakers, im pretty sure they drafted fkvj jiwh, fujkhf jkloy, and a couple of other players with semilar names haha. No one will get any court time out of the guys they drafted IMO.

Winner - Pacers. They got george hill for 3 picks. Personally i think he is a really nice addition to their team.
^ I could only hope. I'd like to have both of them but they'd have to get rid of Deng's huge Contract and I don't know if they'd do that. I was really wanting Shelvin Mack and Kyle Singler but they was too busy trading away draft picks like they always do.

Speaking of them 2, are they free agents? I remember the Bulls trying to get Hamilton couple years back and the trade fell through if I remember correctly
Winners-

Cavs
Kings
Celtics
Wizards
Jazz

Losers
Bulls
Knicks
Lakers
Raptors
Strikeout King Wrote:^ I could only hope. I'd like to have both of them but they'd have to get rid of Deng's huge Contract and I don't know if they'd do that. I was really wanting Shelvin Mack and Kyle Singler but they was too busy trading away draft picks like they always do.

Speaking of them 2, are they free agents? I remember the Bulls trying to get Hamilton couple years back and the trade fell through if I remember correctly

ah brother, i have no idea? Just what the announcers were talking about. They didnt mention them giving up dengs contract though. Are u sure thats necessary? I think they could sign them without doing so. But im not sure.
IMO, the Jazz were the big winners mainly just because of the Kanter pick.

I didn't like the Alec Burks pick at #12, had they took Kawhi Leonard there it would have been over for everyone.
K_Mac Wrote:ah brother, i have no idea? Just what the announcers were talking about. They didnt mention them giving up dengs contract though. Are u sure thats necessary? I think they could sign them without doing so. But im not sure.

There gonna have to give up someone for either one of these 2 unless they take a pay cut.

Bulls Contracts this coming year (2011/12):

Carlos Boozer: $13,500,000

Luol Deng: $12,341,275

Joakim Noah: $ 10,000,000

Derrick Rose: $6,993,707

Kyle Korver: $5,000,000

Ronnie Brewer: $4,710,000

C.J. Watson: $3,400,000

Omer Asik: $1,857,500

Keith Bogans: $1,728,000

Taj Gibson: $1,195,680

Kurt Thomas, Brian Scalabrine, Rasual Butler, Jannero Pargo, John Lucas are all Free Agents.

Total from last year: [SIZE=3][SIZE=1]$55,434,482[/SIZE][/SIZE]
Ah I see. I just assumed they could drop or trade bench players to make the deal work, not deng or a starter. plus i figure a guy like hamilton will be getting less money now. He isnt what he use to be.
^ Boozer was actually a waste of money. he stayed injured half the season. Trade him and Korver (as bad as I hate to say it) for Couple Players unless there gonna dip into the Free Agent Market. I would love to get both Jason Richardson and Rip Hamilton, been fans of there's ever since they came into the league
Strikeout King Wrote:^ Boozer was actually a waste of money. he stayed injured half the season. Trade him and Korver (as bad as I hate to say it) for Couple Players unless there gonna dip into the Free Agent Market. I would love to get both Jason Richardson and Rip Hamilton, been fans of there's ever since they came into the league

Never really cared for richardson. And I quit liking hamilton when he went to the pistons. dont like the pistons at all. Mainly due to them beating the lakers in the finals when we had malone whom i really wanted to win a ring (along with another for shaq and kobe, my favorite duo of all time). BUT boozer wasnt that bad man, the guy is a double double machine. He isnt a superstar but they definitely need to keep him. He wont stay injured all year next year im sure. Gotta keep boozer imo. Also I think they really only need one of either richardson or hamilton. Hamilton IMO is the best fit.
Winners:

Pistons
Cavs
Jazz

Losers:

Lakers
Clippers
Bulls
Raptors
K_Mac Wrote:Never really cared for richardson. And I quit liking hamilton when he went to the pistons. dont like the pistons at all. Mainly due to them beating the lakers in the finals when we had malone whom i really wanted to win a ring (along with another for shaq and kobe, my favorite duo of all time). BUT boozer wasnt that bad man, the guy is a double double machine. He isnt a superstar but they definitely need to keep him. He wont stay injured all year next year im sure. Gotta keep boozer imo. Also I think they really only need one of either richardson or hamilton. Hamilton IMO is the best fit.

speaking of the Pistons, Brandon Knight didn't look to happy about that. the Bulls need someone to help out
Losers
Cavs - Not really losers, they got solid players, but this could've been a much better draft for them. Picked the wrong players at 1 & 4. Sure Irving and Thompson will be solid players, but IMO not worthy to be drafted that high. Enes or Williams shoud've went #1.
I hate where they're saying on ESPN you have to have a great PG to win a title. When the Spurs and Lakers won their combined 9 titles, they didn't have a great point guard on any of those teams. Parker is good, Fisher is a good role player and very clutch, but neither of them are great. Dallas didn't have a great PG last year, Kidd is way out of his prime. When the Heat won it in 06 they didn't have a great PG. MJ's Bulls never had a great PG.
Lakers - blah.

Winners
Jazz - LOVE the Kanter & Burks picks.
Wizards - IMO both Vesely, Singleton & Mack can contribute immediately.
Celtics - The Purdue kids can provide them with some much needed youth and depth.
zaga_fan Wrote:Loser - LA Lakers

Name me a draft pick the Lakers have drafted in the last 10 years that has panned out to anything.
Tell me anyone that gets any amount of playing time that was actually drafted by LA and not received via trade.

Andrew Bynum.
I like this.
Knight calmly stated that "from now on it’s about making people pay who passed upon me. That’s really what it’s about."
leecoukfan Wrote:Winners:

Pistons
Cavs
Jazz

Losers:

Lakers
Clippers
Bulls
Raptors

I can agree with this
The Heat recieved Norris Cole, I am pretty pumped about that.
Orlando Magic got a heck of a defender in Deandre Liggins!!!
As many have already stated the Jazz and Wizards did well. The Timberwolves got a couple of nice players but there were SOOOO many trades that I can't keep up with it, lol.

The Spurs traded their back-up PG for Kawhi Leonard and two other draft picks. The Spurs know what they are doing, so they were winners, lol.

Now my Kings were winners or losers but time will tell.
Winners:

Timberwolves - (Derrick Williams - best player in the draft, Donatas Motiejunas - good upside) -- Got Needs

Jazz - (Enes Kanter - good big, Alec Burks - good shooter) -- Both good to have

Pistons - (Knight - falling to them, Singler, and Macklin - both good Pistons style players)

Nets - (MarShon Brooks - steal of the draft) -- Good scorer for Williams to go to

Wizards - (Jan Vesely, Chris Singleton, Shelvin Mack - all pretty good picks)

Losers:

Cavs - (Didn't like the 4th overall pick)

Kings - (Passed on good PG's, and then took Isaiah Thomas)

Spurs - (Traded George Hill for Karwhi Leonard, then drafted another G)

BIGGEST LOSERS OF ALL:

NBA Fans.... I don't like this class at all.
Aslan Wrote:Andrew Bynum.

I must have overlooked one lol
Strikeout King Wrote:There gonna have to give up someone for either one of these 2 unless they take a pay cut.

Kurt Thomas, Brian Scalabrine, Rasual Butler, Jannero Pargo, John Lucas are all Free Agents.

Note:
When Rose and Gibson's contracts expire.
They will have to pay them A LOT more.
Strikeout King Wrote:There gonna have to give up someone for either one of these 2 unless they take a pay cut.

WTH!? Deng making 12 mill? That is insane! He's getting paid like he's some kind of All-Star..... Too much for Boozer and Noah too IMO.
J-Rod Wrote:IMO, the Jazz were the big winners mainly just because of the Kanter pick.

I didn't like the Alec Burks pick at #12, had they took Kawhi Leonard there it would have been over for everyone.

How could Leonard fit in there? The Jazz is stocked up on big guys. Millsap, Jefferson, Kanter, and more. They needed a guard there and they made the best pick they could with Burks.
The New York Knicks had a terrible draft, like usual.